Apple 8GB iPod Touch

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
For overall a feel of the experience, look at my 4GB Nano review.
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41533

The biggest thing about the Touch that differs from any other iPod in the line is the touch screen and the size of the viewing screen itself. Now, I had the chance to get an 80gb iPod Classic (which I would have loved the storage on it) but, to be honest, I couldn't begin to listen or watch that many hours straight on the Classic (but the on hand selection would be great). And, if I was going to watch video, I wanted a bigger screen. So, the Touch was pretty much it.

Right now, I almost have 2GB of music on it, and 300MB for video/pictures and I'm almost out of music... almost. So, video will be what I put on it after everything else.. and I have a feeling I will have enough for a 6 hour flight.

And... I have some batteries charging right now for my camera, so we will have some pictures after a bit. :D

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
Main screen when you are charging:

Turning Wifi on:

Hey! I wonder what site I am looking at? :D

Browsing the iTunes store on the iPod:

Youtube:

A not so good photo of viewing photos on it:

Browsing through my movies:

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
Browsing through artists:

Listening to an artist:

And, a clock :D

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
Nice pics! I didn't know the Ipod touch was wifi enabled.
I wonder if I'm the only one that that will recognize Sakura Diaries(bought that years ago).

How do you like the Ipod touch so far? I like the design and idea, but I'm not crazy about having to be stuck with the manufacturers software for syncing and converting files. I tried iTunes for awhile a long time ago and didn't like it at all.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nope, I know what Sakura Diaries are, but don't own it.

Fiona Rocks.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
Nice pics! I didn't know the Ipod touch was wifi enabled.
I wonder if I'm the only one that that will recognize Sakura Diaries(bought that years ago).

How do you like the Ipod touch so far? I like the design and idea, but I'm not crazy about having to be stuck with the manufacturers software for syncing and converting files. I tried iTunes for awhile a long time ago and didn't like it at all.
Sweet. It's an ok show, but after watching it all, I don't think I'll buy it. Kare Kano (His and Her Circumstances) sounds a little better now.

I actually like the interface a lot now that I've gotten used to it. I will say the Nano and the Classic seem to have slightly more control over selection of playing music (at least I haven't figured everything out on it yet...) and that's my slight slight negative (if you want to call it that).
iTunes is a lot better than it has been. It's mp3 compatible and it will convert WMA files. Sync software is common for most mp3 players... it's kinda evil. At least iTunes tends to have a great selection, and if it doesn't suit your need (if you want cheaper songs) you can go to Wal-Mart or Amazon.

A case is required. You will scratch the back if you don't (but I got mine in a case as soon as the box was opened). The front is glass and is scratchproof pretty much.

I would recommend one, especially if the price came down. You might want to get a bigger one, but I have a crapload on it right now, and I'll be ok with selecting certain things to be on there :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis