I'm growing impatient!

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I want an LCD TV and I'm getting tired of waiting.

I had bought the Toshiba 52LX177 around Thanksgiving but returned it after three weeks for minor issues (NOT green push!). I then intended to look more closely at the Sharps and Sonys over the holidays and then pick another one as soon as I returned from vacation.

Both Sharp and Sony are out based on my personal observations at friend's houses. I then decided to just order another LX177 figuring I'd get a later build date and the little nits would hopefully be fixed. I really did like the Toshiba.

Now Toshiba is supposed to be releasing a whole new set of models for 2008 with some minor improvements and lower MSRP to boot. The 52XF550 was advertised as available in February. Well I haven't seen it anywhere yet and I just saw a thread on AVS where someone said they had to talked to an authorized reseller that said they will be delayed until March-April. They better be superb with no major issues if I have to wait yet another month or two.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Hve you checked out the Mitsubishi LCDs? I think they look better than all of those you have mentioned.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
One of the soundest pieces of advice many people get on this site is to wait until they can get what they really want or need the first time out. I'm sure you've advised others of this in the past and it's still good advice now. Patience, young Jedi.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Patience, young Jedi.
That reminds me of a classic shirt my friend's dad had when I was a kid. It had two vultures sitting on a tree limb and the caption read 'Patience my azz, I'm going to kill something!'. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis