Avoid Trouble!!!!!!!!!

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Gentlemen,

Remember that today is St. Valentines, the women in our lives are expecting something! Go ahead and joke in front of us fellas about your macho ways, but you'll know what to really expect if you show up empty handed! Get your collective heads away from the PC and buy her something, good heaven knows she's got to put up with your man-childishness!!

Just a friendly reminder from the local caveman.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Good advice... Flowers to my lady have already been delivered so I'm off the hook.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
I'm probably in the doghouse all-ready.... I need to get something but my woman is about 2200 miles away right now :mad: :(

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
Liz got me the same thing for V-day she got me last year, a pair of Boxers with hearts on them and a piece of ***....and they were both too big :)

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Mine got in the mail right on time..so i am good. She'll be back in a couple of hours that means i have few hours on my laptop..:D

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
My wife is kicking back right now listening to the Amy Winehouse CD I got for her (she's been wanting me to download it). I did the typical 'guy' thing of waiting until the last minute and ran to the store on my way home from work today and picked her up all kind of little goodies that blew her mind - figured I didn't want to end up in the dog house tonight. :D

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I can't give my wife flowers because her cats eat them. She only ever eats chocolate once a month and is cold all the time so won't wear lingerie. What's left???

I took her out to dinner but because it was Valentine's Day, I didn't hit on the waitress.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
My fiancee is in Vegas on business (and no, she's not in the adult entertainment industry) so I've got flowers and dinner coming next week.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
She hinted she wanted a perfume, she gave me an option of 2 brands, to be safe I bought them both. Tomorrow we're driving up to Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa for dinner. Man she can't complain, but neither can I. I just spent some good money on a music library/PC set up.:)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Well, we're going to spend a long weekend it Chicago next weekend so she gets more than just a dinner. I'll tell ya, she can spend as much as she wants at that big two storey Victoria's Secret on Michigan Ave.

Matt34

Matt34

I got my wife a new cell phone that she wanted, romantic ain't I?:D

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Wise choice Strat - going to Bern's after V-day. My wife and I attempted to stay in last night rather than fight the crowds - we both love to eat sushi, so we ordered take-out from a local sushi place. It ended up in a small fiasco; they quoted us 35 minutes before our order would be ready to be picked up, we showed up at the 30 minute mark. After an hour had gone by since the order was placed, we were still standing there as the wait staff was busy ignoring everyone who had similarly ordered take out. I finally managed to pull one of them aside and asked how much longer it would be. They hadn't even acknowledged the take-out orders back at the bar, and weren't going to even start them until all the dining room orders were done. Said it would be another 30 minutes at least. :confused:

We cancelled the order and went elsewhere, needless to say we won't be visiting that place again.

We finally got our sushi though (from another resturaunt) and got home just in time to wolf it down and go to bed. :rolleyes:

Should have just made reservations like the rest of the world...

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Now i have an account at Vic's Secret...:D:D....told her she add anything she wants in the shopping cart..all i did was click check out..save me some time and headaches of choosing and guessing...all works well...(and no, no lingerie choices..it's too damn cold here)..

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
(and no, no lingerie choices..it's too damn cold here)..
That's OK. VS has a pretty good line of clothing. The smile on my wife's face make me glad to see her, but Victoria's Secret's jeans make me happy to see her walk away.:D

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
That's OK. VS has a pretty good line of clothing. The smile on my wife's face make me glad to see her, but Victoria's Secret's jeans make me happy to see her walk away.:D
Yeah, she chose some kind of "purple" sweater and asked me. She said, i thought i ordered purple...this looks kinda pinkish...I said..no, i think it's purple...(i hate the idea of returning it and wasting my time on it..it actually looks more pink than purple anyway..:confused:)...

Am i cheating here?...:D

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Just tell her to try it on and model it for you, then tell her it looks hot on her. If she tries to return it then, you can come back with "Why would you return it when I think it looks hot on you? Don't you value my opinion?"

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Haha, good point Dave...thanks...I will do exactly that if she brings that color thing up again..:DThanks bud, i can count on you...hahaha..

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Wise choice Strat - going to Bern's after V-day. My wife and I attempted to stay in last night rather than fight the crowds - we both love to eat sushi, so we ordered take-out from a local sushi place. It ended up in a small fiasco; they quoted us 35 minutes before our order would be ready to be picked up, we showed up at the 30 minute mark. After an hour had gone by since the order was placed, we were still standing there as the wait staff was busy ignoring everyone who had similarly ordered take out. I finally managed to pull one of them aside and asked how much longer it would be. They hadn't even acknowledged the take-out orders back at the bar, and weren't going to even start them until all the dining room orders were done. Said it would be another 30 minutes at least. :confused:

We cancelled the order and went elsewhere, needless to say we won't be visiting that place again.

We finally got our sushi though (from another resturaunt) and got home just in time to wolf it down and go to bed. :rolleyes:

Should have just made reservations like the rest of the world...
The worst two days to eat at a restaurant is V-day and Mother's Day, these two are worse than New Year's, Father's Day, Easter. You'll be guaranteed horrible service, second rate food, huge crowds. Yesterday we stayed in of course, ordered Papa Johns (gag) and it took one hour and eighteen minutes (I counted) for delivery, the guy told me they were swamped. I can't remember the last time we went out for dinner on V-Day. My father in law once owned the larget restaurant in So. FL, perhaps FL entirely, they had nights where they dish 3500 plates. If you ask him about V-Day he'll tell you "you're nuts if you dine out on that day.":eek:

T

trnqk7

Full Audioholic
We must have gotten lucky...did call ahead seating at Outback for 5:15pm, got there at 5pm, sat down at 5:25pm and were out the door by 6:10pm...and the food was great!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis