aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm not one to eat frozen fish, but I'm telling you right now I'm 2 for 2 with this thing.:D
You don't have to defend your food credentials to anybody here! Tell you what- I'm taking the train to and from DC this weekend to visit a friend... on the way home on Monday I will grab a fish sandwich from Wendy's in Union Station (if one still exists) and try it out.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
You don't have to defend your food credentials to anybody here! Tell you what- I'm taking the train to and from DC this weekend to visit a friend... on the way home on Monday I will grab a fish sandwich from Wendy's in Union Station (if one still exists) and try it out.
Thanks Adam, at least I'll know for sure I'm not nuts! You can corroborate my story.:D

Speaking of food I've got some great recipes too post over the weekend.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I haven't eaten at any fast food resturaunt in years. Just can't stomach it anymore. Last time I did, it was Taco Bell and I got violently ill from it. :(

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Wendy's is the only fast food these days that I can stomach. I live in New England so access to good seafood isn't a problem, but I had the fish at Wendy's Tuesday and it wasn't bad at all, especially for a quick meal.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
I haven't eaten at any fast food resturaunt in years. Just can't stomach it anymore. Last time I did, it was Taco Bell and I got violently ill from it. :(
I'm not far behind you Halon. I used to be so physically active as a kid and young adult I could eat a dozen donuts and 2 liter bottle of Dew without any concern. Now I want to know what I'm putting into my body. The amount of salt, sugar and fat in fastfood is no longer a secret. Nor is it a secret why they put it in there...it tastes good to the masses.

These days I like to know exactly what I'm eating, right down to the type of flour and the freshness of meats and vegetables. :)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Hi Strat, you're right!
I had a rare occasion to meet my wife, for a quick lunch last week.
We stopped at Wendy's, and had chili, and by pure chance, I tried the fish sandwich.
It was good.
We can count on one hand, the amount of times we eat fast food. (per year)
My wife and I are both frequent fresh fish eaters.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
Things are slow around here tonight, I might as well talk about something totally different, I hope I don't fall into one of Sheep's category. Has anyone tried Wendy's new fish fillet? Man it's damn good! Pure white Codfish fillet, breaded with panko (Japanese bread crumbs) and golden fried. I've tried it twice this week and I was pleasantly surprised, doesn't taste like fast food. You guys that know me are aware that I fish, cook and cook what I fish! Being fortunate to live where I do, fresh seafood for me is no biggie, so in light of this I've got to admit it Wendy's got a winner on the menu (also it's better for you.) :D

I've had two of them, the first one was really good, but the second was obviously cooked in too cold oil, and had that dark, soaked look that stuff gets when it's fried at too low a temp. I hope it sticks around, it seems like everytime a chain gets a good fish sandwich, it dissapears after a while, and a bad substitute appears for a while.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not far behind you Halon. I used to be so physically active as a kid and young adult I could eat a dozen donuts and 2 liter bottle of Dew without any concern. Now I want to know what I'm putting into my body. The amount of salt, sugar and fat in fastfood is no longer a secret. Nor is it a secret why they put it in there...it tastes good to the masses.

These days I like to know exactly what I'm eating, right down to the type of flour and the freshness of meats and vegetables. :)
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm actually still in quite decent physical shape, I do work out consistently and I suppose the older I've gotten, the more I want to pay attention to the type of food that goes in my body - my Dad is in his late 60's and still eats a lot of salty foods, fast food, junk food, etc., and his health in in shambles. The wife and I made a pact about a year ago to never touch fast food again, so far so good. :)

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Ok..Now i know where i will go on Sunday....

WENDY'S

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
I normally avoid fast food fish sandwiches (and I make burgers that according to everyone else are far better than wendy's....tip, it takes no skill to, just use the best stuff you can find).....so I only really og if I'm with a pack of people and they have a hankering for a wendy's burger....or I just have a fixin for a Frosty.

I'd take a nice how bowl of Pho over burgers anyday.....Mmmmmm.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I need to visit Wendy's and try one. Sounds good.

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
First I need to see the disclaimer from Stratman that he holds no postions in Wendy's stock. Positions in mutual funds will be ok.;)

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
First I need to see the disclaimer from Stratman that he holds no postions in Wendy's stock. Positions in mutual funds will be ok.;)
No, no stock from Wendy's, actually my motivation (besides finding the forum kinda slow last night) is that it's a better alternative to a lot of the other fast foods out there, and actually I was surprised at the quality. I don't eat fast food, that's why this was a face-slapper for me. :D

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
It better be good... I'll probably be going to Wendy's today and try a fish sammich...... if it's bad, I'll tell them "Stratman will kick your ***" :D :D :D

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
No, no stock from Wendy's, actually my motivation (besides finding the forum kinda slow last night) is that it's a better alternative to a lot of the other fast foods out there, and actually I was surprised at the quality. I don't eat fast food, that's why this was a face-slapper for me. :D
Maybe Strat owns the food products side of L'il Lisa Slurry who just won a contract with Wendy's to provide their product as the main ingredient to the fish sandwich. :D

Was that too obscure of a Simpson's reference?

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe Strat owns the food products side of L'il Lisa Slurry who just won a contract with Wendy's to provide their product as the main ingredient to the fish sandwich. :D

Was that too obscure of a Simpson's reference?
Don't I wish! Not too obscure.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis