GTAIV - April 29th 2008

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
Hey all,

Take Two Interactive just announced April 29th 2008 as the official worldwide release date for Grand Theft Auto 4.

Press Release

I know, I know, we have been down this road before, but my special edition has been on pre-order since august of 2007 so you know, it is about time :D

Cheers all
Michael

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hey all,

Take Two Interactive just announced April 29th 2008 as the official worldwide release date for Grand Theft Auto 4.

Press Release

I know, I know, we have been down this road before, but my special edition has been on pre-order since august of 2007 so you know, it is about time :D

Cheers all
Michael
I'm going to need to take a week off from work.... :D

There's been a bit of a lull in quality game releases since Guitar Hero 3/Rock Band came out (although I will be picking up an ebay copy of burnout paradise at some point), but this spring is going to be awesome. GTA IV, Civilization, and MGS 4 are going to keep me busy for weeks!!!

mytzen

mytzen

Audioholic
Nice find, I just pre-ordered a copy. Looks like I'm also going to be scheduling some time off of work.

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
I have been waiting for the data announcement as well so I could book time off. Just put in the request to be off from lunch on the 29th until the following Monday :D.

Date is about perfect. By then my HT setup will be finished and I should have my projector and screen in place as well.

Damn that is going to be a fun bunch of days. Maybe I will need to send the wife and kids away as well so I can get some seriuos game time in :eek:

Cheers all
Michael

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
As a PC gamer i can only hope that the port does not take long :mad:
Guess i'll have time to save for a new HT setup :D

dnice555

dnice555

Audioholic
I cannot wait for this game - Grand Theft Auto in HD with online multiplayer... nice

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
That's at least the third time they pushed the date back, this had better be the last time they do it.:mad:

I can't wait either, I hope the PS3 version doesn't suck (it shouldn't, they have taken their sweet time making it).

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
That's at least the third time they pushed the date back, this had better be the last time they do it.:mad:

I can't wait either, I hope the PS3 version doesn't suck (it shouldn't, they have taken their sweet time making it).
At least the third time and agree about it being the last time. Although I am very much looking forward to this game, I am getting a bit tired of waiting for it (just a bit as I am still believing the extra time will result in one awesome game :D)

The latest release date does mark the third time I have changed taking Wed. to Fri off. I think he is getting suspicious :eek:

Cheers
Michael

D

dan121s

Audiophyte

They can push it back all they want if it means it will be a higher quality game. I don't mind waiting for a game of GTA quality.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
Consecutive delays is not a guarantee of quality. Anyone knows "Duke Nukem Forever"? LOL
But Rockstart is a solid developer, they'll succeed.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
They can push it back all they want if it means it will be a higher quality game. I don't mind waiting for a game of GTA quality.
If it's anything like other multi-platform games, it will be about the same on both systems. One can only hope they have taken all this extra time to make their version superior in many ways to the ecsboks full turn around version of the game. The PS3 has much more potential than the ecsboks in my opinion and from what I have read about the system. If the PS3 version is superior it will give people a reason to want it on the PS3 platform, almost like having an exclusive game.:)

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
My wife got me a reservation for GTAIV and MLB 2K8 for my birthday this past weekend.

She's the best.

:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis