darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Just took a little break from work to cruise over to Best Buy and pick up Rock Band. Door's opened at 10am and there were already about 20 people outside, waiting to get in. Once the doors opened, it was a mad dash to grab a box and go check out. Yikes. I don't even want to imagine what the sales on Black Friday are gonna be like. (I've seen a Kohl's commercial that says they're gonna be open at 4AM!!!!)

I'll be playing it all night tonight, so I'll be back with a review tomorrow.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Which part are you going to play? Drummer? Guitar? One man band? :)

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I picked up mine last night at walmart. Got there 30 mins before midnight and there were already 10 people lined up. Good thing they were all xbox360 and it was only 2 of us for ps3. It is great, my wife and I played till 3am. If anyone wants to play online tell me your PSN name so I can add you to friends list.

J

jake5717

Audioholic
I cant wait untill they come out with a Wii version. I love Guitar Hero.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I picked up mine last night at walmart. Got there 30 mins before midnight and there were already 10 people lined up. Good thing they were all xbox360 and it was only 2 of us for ps3. It is great, my wife and I played till 3am. If anyone wants to play online tell me your PSN name so I can add you to friends list.
My name is the same as on here, darien87. Feel free to add me.

HOWEVER, I'm reading all over the internet that the GH guitars do NOT work with Rock Band, after IGN just reported last month that they did!!!!! If this is indeed the case, I am HELLA pissed and will be returning Rock Band tomorrow! I already returned GH 3 because the guitar wasn't backwards compatible with the older games. I'm getting sooooo sick of all this non-compatibility between developers and games. They have to know that people want to be able to play these games with their existing controllers, not have to go buy new ones every time a new game comes out!!!

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
My name is the same as on here, darien87. Feel free to add me.

HOWEVER, I'm reading all over the internet that the GH guitars do NOT work with Rock Band, after IGN just reported last month that they did!!!!! If this is indeed the case, I am HELLA pissed and will be returning Rock Band tomorrow! I already returned GH 3 because the guitar wasn't backwards compatible with the older games. I'm getting sooooo sick of all this non-compatibility between developers and games. They have to know that people want to be able to play these games with their existing controllers, not have to go buy new ones every time a new game comes out!!!
I haven't tried the Rock Band guitar on GH1/2 using BC but the GH3 PS3 guitar doesn't work right now. But apparently IGN is blaming it on Red Octane and not Harmonix.

Also downloadable content is already live and there are 15 songs you can get. I bought the Queens of the Stone Age and Metallica pack.

I also noticed that on my receiver it displays the sound as 2ch DTS. I have it hooked up via optical bitstream setting. Does 2ch DTS exist?

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
I hate the Rockband guitar. The strum just feels, weird, or doesn't work, could've been that some stupid kid broke it. The whole game was also very off sync. Tried to sync it with the games calibration system, if you even want to call it that.

I'll stick to GH3. Only 16 five stars on expert left ;)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I hate the Rockband guitar. The strum just feels, weird, or doesn't work, could've been that some stupid kid broke it. The whole game was also very off sync. Tried to sync it with the games calibration system, if you even want to call it that.

I'll stick to GH3. Only 16 five stars on expert left ;)
I like the RB guitar myself. But I agree that the calibration seems off. The guitar isn't too bad, but the drums were WAY off. Gimme a break, I was failing songs on medium and I KNOW I had the beat right. I tried doing the manual calibration with the guitar and I think I just made it worse. I'll try re-calibrating again tonight. But right now the game is kinda pointless with only 1 guitar. I'll probably just return it.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I haven't tried the Rock Band guitar on GH1/2 using BC but the GH3 PS3 guitar doesn't work right now. But apparently IGN is blaming it on Red Octane and not Harmonix.

Also downloadable content is already live and there are 15 songs you can get. I bought the Queens of the Stone Age and Metallica pack.

I also noticed that on my receiver it displays the sound as 2ch DTS. I have it hooked up via optical bitstream setting. Does 2ch DTS exist?
The RB guitar is reported to NOT work with GH, but IGN stated that they had tested RB with GH guitars and it did work. But apparently they only did this with the Xbox version. So for some reason, it works just fine on the Xbox, but not the PS 3. Yet another reason for me to HATE Sony!!!

I swear, I'm just gonna dump this pile of crap and get an Xbox. At least with an Xbox, I can play 720 games in 1080 and not have to worry about turning my house into a music store!!! :mad:

I understand how the drums and guitar work for Rock Band, but how does the singing mode work? Is it just karaoke or does it track pitch or syllables?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis