Problems with PS3 and COD4

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Does anyone have any problems when playing online in COD4? I have all sorts of bugs. For one a lot of the new stuff you get are locked out even though I am way past the required lv to unlock them. Also the stupid server never remembers my rank when I log back in. I have had to start from scratch twice because of this. Also the PS3 itself is kind of unreponsive now with the new patch. The XMB gets stuck a lot nowadays.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have had no issues at all with 2.00 firmware. I don't have COD4 though, so can't help you on that side.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I have had no issues at all with 2.00 firmware. I don't have COD4 though, so can't help you on that side.
I think I figured out the culprit. For some reason the wifi on the PS3 does not like running the media server while you are playing on PSN. I also had to forward a bunch of TCP/UDP ports on my router for COD4, go static IP, and add it to the DMZ on the router. Also have to now broadcast my SSID as the PS3 does not like it hidden. I still get weird network errors every once in a while but not as rampant as they were last night. I was so pissed last night that I almost went out and just bought an xbox 360 to use for online games and just have the PS3 as a blu-ray player.

Still having issues with COD4 server not remembering my rank and achievements but I got an email from activision saying that it is a server side problem and they are working on it.

G

Gasman

Senior Audioholic
Hey, I saw the humor in it.:rolleyes:

Anyhow, Gus, there are quite a few people having issues (not ALL people).
It is a known problem on Sony official forum, so give it a few days, surely they will have another firmware update.

One good thing about the PS3, is that it gets enough attention to warrant QUICK updates.:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis