Coheednme13

Coheednme13

Audioholic
Yeah, I really don't see the point. They have already re-released it several times in different colors and sizes and the ps3 can play ps2 games just give it up already Sony. The ps2 should be in its final version.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
That PS2 is already out... my friend has one.

SheepStar

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
But this one does not come with a power brick, it's internal. I hate the power brick on my slim ps2, makes it more cluttered. Same thing with the Wii one.

majorloser

majorloser

But this one does not come with a power brick, it's internal. I hate the power brick on my slim ps2, makes it more cluttered. Same thing with the Wii one.
This one is supposed to be a little smaller and without the transformer brick.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have the current slim one; not sure how they could make it any smaller unless they remove a feature or two. It is already tiny. Note that the picture is of the current one, not the "possible" one.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, I really don't see the point. They have already re-released it several times in different colors and sizes and the ps3 can play ps2 games just give it up already Sony. The ps2 should be in its final version.
I was actually thinking of buying another one, simply because my old, full-sized, one has finally taken a dump. It doesn't load discs half the time. But the only reason I want a new one is because they can't seem to make a damn guitar that will enable me to play ALL of the GH's on the PS 3. So it's kinda stupid for me to buy a PS 2 for one damn game.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
It's still selling like crazy, so I don't see why Sony shouldn't milk it some more, after all it's still selling better than the PS3.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, at $129 currently, of course it is going to sell better than $399 or $499....

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
They should think about downsizing the PS3 instead. Man that thing is huge. I saw it for the first time at BB the other day. (Note that I'm not much of a gamer... I never go in the video games sections in stores. I have a computer for that matter!)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
They should think about downsizing the PS3 instead. Man that thing is huge. I saw it for the first time at BB the other day. (Note that I'm not much of a gamer... I never go in the video games sections in stores. I have a computer for that matter!)
Or they should at least make it flat, so you can stack stuff on top of it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
All the venting on the PS3 is on the sides/back. I don't feel the PS3 is that big, at least not compared to my 2900, but it certainly isn't small either :)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
All the venting on the PS3 is on the sides/back.
Exact-a-mundo! I feel bad for my A3, cuz I've got it under my PS 3 and the PS 3 feels like it weighs about 20 pounds while the A3 is about 5.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, the weight is one of the things that surprised me about the PS3. The slim PS2 is like 2 lbs if that, and the PS3 is so much heavier. It feels like a substantial player.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Yes, Sony is releasing a new smaller version of the PS2.... :confused:
Rumored to sell for around $99 in early 2008.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/02/compact-99-playstation-2-rumored-to-land-in-2008/

This seems like just another nail in the coffin for Sony, the PS3 and it's gaming division. What is Sony thinking now days?
What that article doesn't tell you is that Sony is also rumored to be working on a motion controller for the PS2 ala the Wii. The Wii isn't that much more powerful than the PS2, and would be an easy port, save for the controller. At less than half the price of a Wii, with a motion controller and 500+ game library, i'm sure they'd be able to steal some sales.

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
I hope they know that they still have another, much more important console out.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
It will be a while before they do something as costly as renovating the PS3 to this degree. They already lost a chunk researching and building the first style.:cool:

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I like the styling of the PS3, but it is a bit on the large side, but at least you don't have a huge external power supply brick like the 360 does.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis