G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Went to BB today and they had the Rock Band demo set up right next to Guitar Hero 3.

My wife and I were playing with the drums and the guitar (you can select bass or regular). It was the most fun I have had in a video game in a long time (we ended up playing for over 30 mins since the store was empty). All the different play modes put GH3 to shame. I can't wait for this game to come out and will be picking it up for PS3.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I tried it last weekend too. I wouldn't say it puts GH to shame, as it's almost exactly the same, but it was definitely fun. I played both the drums and guitar. The drum kit didn't seem to work very well though. Plus I thought it was kinda lame that there was no bass pedal.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I tried it last weekend too. I wouldn't say it puts GH to shame, as it's almost exactly the same, but it was definitely fun. I played both the drums and guitar. The drum kit didn't seem to work very well though. Plus I thought it was kinda lame that there was no bass pedal.
The demo that the retailers are getting don't have the bass pedal. But the final retail version will come with a bass pedal in the box.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
The demo that the retailers are getting don't have the bass pedal. But the final retail version will come with a bass pedal in the box.
Cool.

Well, I guess I'll be getting Rock Band since I just discovered that GH 3 isn't backwards compatible!!! Screw GH, I'm going Rock Band.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Cool.

Well, I guess I'll be getting Rock Band since I just discovered that GH 3 isn't backwards compatible!!! Screw GH, I'm going Rock Band.
The BB sales guy did tell us that the rock band guitar will work with any guitar hero on ps3. And if you have the PS2 to PS3 usb adaptor you can use the GH1 and GH2 PS2 guitars for ps3 rock band.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
The BB sales guy did tell us that the rock band guitar will work with any guitar hero on ps3. And if you have the PS2 to PS3 usb adaptor you can use the GH1 and GH2 PS2 guitars for ps3 rock band.
NICE. So it sounds like if I buy Rock Band, I can use that guitar to FINALLY play GH 1 and 2 on my PS 3!!!

Well, at least someone that's making games for the PS 3 has their head on straight. I'll never understand how GH 3 came out and wasn't backwards compatible!!!!

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
NICE. So it sounds like if I buy Rock Band, I can use that guitar to FINALLY play GH 1 and 2 on my PS 3!!!

Well, at least someone that's making games for the PS 3 has their head on straight. I'll never understand how GH 3 came out and wasn't backwards compatible!!!!
Thank Activision for wanting to suck more money out of people. I knew the second Harmonix split they were going to take the GH franchise down the gutter. The only thing is that the Rock Band stuff will not be wireless, USB only. But it's not that big of a deal really.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Thank Activision for wanting to suck more money out of people. I knew the second Harmonix split they were going to take the GH franchise down the gutter. The only thing is that the Rock Band stuff will not be wireless, USB only. But it's not that big of a deal really.
That's actually kind of a bummer for me as I'm used to a wireless guitar. I've been using the TAC wireless Flying V guitar ever since the first game came out.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Sorry, but RB and GH are just a easier/lazier reversing the progress of mankind.

Why learn a real instrument when you can just click buttons and push a thinger up and down? It's totally the same! :rolleyes:

My friend is pretty good at GH, and in GH2 there is a song that I can play fully in real life on my guitar (it's called "The New Black" by Every Time I Die).

So, he brought his GH2 and GH guitar down and hooked them up to my PS2, which is hooked up to my HT. I turned on my guitar amp, and cranked them both and played along with him.

I won.

SheepStar

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Sorry, but RB and GH are just a easier/lazier reversing the progress of mankind.

Why learn a real instrument when you can just click buttons and push a thinger up and down? It's totally the same! :rolleyes:

SheepStar
Yup,i cant get my head around the whole concept of air guitar on a tv screen.

D

davo

Full Audioholic

My friend is pretty good at GH, and in GH2 there is a song that I can play fully in real life on my guitar (it's called "The New Black" by Every Time I Die).

So, he brought his GH2 and GH guitar down and hooked them up to my PS2, which is hooked up to my HT. I turned on my guitar amp, and cranked them both and played along with him.

I won.

SheepStar

Or it could inspire people who wouldn't normally pick up an instrument to do so.
Just so long as the gamer muso's don't try to elevate themselves to think they are the real deal!
;)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan

I won.

SheepStar
Sure you did. :p

Sorry dude, but I have NO interest in learning to play the guitar. But playing a video game is a different story. Plus it's kinda fun to pretend you're playing a concert in a big stadium. In real life how am I gonna do that?

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Yup,i cant get my head around the whole concept of air guitar on a tv screen.
Show me where I can buy a half-way decent guitar for $70. Plus, why would I want to bother finding 3 more friends to play the other instruments?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Show me where I can buy a half-way decent guitar for $70. Plus, why would I want to bother finding 3 more friends to play the other instruments?
It's called playing along with your stereo. I find that a CD keeps time better then a drummer that is half stoned. Crank it up and it IS a concert.

I'd prove my victory with a video, but I don't think it would sound that great considering it was played at ~95dB's.

SheepStar

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I'd prove my victory with a video, but I don't think it would sound that great considering it was played at ~95dB's.
So you not only had to spank your friend, you had to video tape it too? You should have saved yourself the trouble and just dropped your pants and got it over with.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
So you not only had to spank your friend, you had to video tape it too? You should have saved yourself the trouble and just dropped your pants and got it over with.
Can you go to dictionary.com for me and look up the word "I'd" or words "I" and "would".

I meant I'd TAKE a video. What, scared of being proven wrong?

SheepStar

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Can you go to dictionary.com for me and look up the word "I'd" or words "I" and "would".

I meant I'd TAKE a video. What, scared of being proven wrong?

SheepStar
LOL

You crack me up dude. Your fragile ego is so easily bruised.

Here's what you said, "I'd prove my victory with a video, but I don't think it would sound that great considering it was played at ~95dB's.", which most normal people like myself would interpret as, "I WOULD prove my victory with a video", thus implying that you had a video of this momentous event.

Regardless, you obviously feel the need to prove your superiority. I just find that HI-larious.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
LOL

You crack me up dude. Your fragile ego is so easily bruised.

Here's what you said, "I'd prove my victory with a video, but I don't think it would sound that great considering it was played at ~95dB's.", which most normal people like myself would interpret as, "I WOULD prove my victory with a video", thus implying that you had a video of this momentous event.

Regardless, you obviously feel the need to prove your superiority. I just find that HI-larious.
I see nothing funny about it. You questioned me being better then my friend on a real guitar vs. GH, then you think it's hilarious that I would prove it. I'm not trying to put him down, he's damn good at GH, and he trashes me when it comes to games. But when games took on the real deal they lost.

SheepStar

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief

SheepStar
Try Jordan on expert and see how easy/lazy it is...

And you just described playing the piano...

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Try Jordan on expert and see how easy/lazy it is...

And you just described playing the piano...
Piano's have pedals, too. I have a piano, I'm going to push 5 different keys down and see if I can reproduce Master of Puppets!

Nope.

That's my arguement for disliking this game. In my opinion, it cheapens the real deal.

SheepStar

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis