Oh help me, I converted to a console.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I finally made the switch from PC gaming to console (Xbox 360) and I can truly say one thing...

I SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS ALONG TIME AGO!!!

Gears of War?? Unbelievable. Not having to swap out cpu, RAM, video card, motherboards every year and a half; sweet!

I'm really looking forward to playing Bioshock, Lost Planet, Halo 2 & 3, plus a ton of other titles that never ported to PC. My FPS skills aren't as good on the xbox as they are on the PC, since I've only been playing on the console for about a week, vs 15 years on the PC side. But the controller didn't take long to get the hang of.

Starcraft 2 will still be a PC game I buy, but as for the other stuff. I don't know if Crysis will be ported to the xbox or not, but for what is available on the 360 versus the shrinking store shelves dedicated to PC gaming; I think I'll be set.

Alamar

Alamar

Full Audioholic
I made the jump a couple of years ago and I'm [mostly] happy. I do find myself going back for PC only titles and I miss the MODS that exist with PC versions that consoles don't get ....

Basically the next evolution of my "entertainment room" [I can't call it a real home theatre room] will have both console & PC support so I can game properly no matter what platform [console or PC] I'm using.

Last edited:
mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
Start mentally preparing yourself for the day you turn your 360 on and you get the 3 Red Lights of Death (hardware failure) and you have to deal with foreign MS customer service and have it repaired.

Mine crashed and burned after 9 months of light use & no abuse.

I just sent it to MS for "repair" last week and should be without it for the next month.

Don't believe me? Go into your local UPS Store and ask the guys/girls behind the desk how many 360's they ship back for repair per week. The answer will astound you.

Hope you have better luck than everyone I know who has owned a 360. I think I completed the circle and we've all had to send it back for repair now. One person has had to send theirs back twice.

UG. :mad:

D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic
Start mentally preparing yourself for the day you turn your 360 on and you get the 3 Red Lights of Death (hardware failure) and you have to deal with foreign MS customer service and have it repaired.

Mine crashed and burned after 9 months of light use & no abuse.

I just sent it to MS for "repair" last week and should be without it for the next month.

Don't believe me? Go into your local UPS Store and ask the guys/girls behind the desk how many 360's they ship back for repair per week. The answer will astound you.

Hope you have better luck than everyone I know who has owned a 360. I think I completed the circle and we've all had to send it back for repair now. One person has had to send theirs back twice.

UG. :mad:
I know I have to send mine back in... I plan to call tonight or tomorrow...

RCOD FTL!!!

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
Look, I bought that Best Buy Product Replacement Plan for $60. If I get the red ring of death, I'm swapping it out.

Alamar

Alamar

Full Audioholic
Look, I bought that Best Buy Product Replacement Plan for $60. If I get the red ring of death, I'm swapping it out.
You are aware that BB changed their policy and they [generally] won't do an in-store swap of an XBox 360 ... right? I had to whine like a little girl when mine failed to get it swapped out same-day in-store.

I'm not saying that their warranty isn't worth it ... I'm just letting you know my experience.

However I don't really think this thread is a bash '360 thread .... [Although some bashing IS deserved!!]

Last edited:
G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
You are aware that BB changed their policy and they [generally] won't do an in-store swap of an XBox 360 ... right? I had to whine like a little girl when mine failed to get it swapped out same-day in-store.

I'm not saying that their warranty isn't worth it ... I'm just letting you know my experience.

However I don't really think this thread is a bash '360 thread .... [Although some bashing IS deserved!!]
Ohh here is a warranty tip on the BB warranty with the xbox360. I worked at BB when I was in school when the 360 came out. Whenever you go and exchange the 360 and its within the first year of ownership they will try to tell you that you have to buy another service plan once you get the console replaced but if it is during the first year they have to swap it out and you still keep your current service plan. If it is during the first year since it is still under manuf warranty all BB does is send it to MS for full credit. The sales guy will always try to screw people by telling them they fulfill the plan by giving you the replacement.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
Thanks for the tip Gus. I read everything I could about Best Buy's Product Replacement Policy online, nothing available says anything about when they will or won't do the swap. The policy information online says that they will give you a Best Buy gift card for the value that the customer can use immediately.

It seemed $60 was a small price to pay, not to have to go through the trouble or inconvenience of sending it away for a month. Hopefully I wont have the Red Ring of Death issue. Microsoft should have gotten the manufacturing kinks worked out by now. Which was one of the reasons I waited until the HDMI units came out. Hopefully they fixed whatever the problems are. No choice but to wait and see.

Until then, I'm rocking Gears of War.

N

NeverSeen

Audioholic
I had mine fail with the CC warranty and they sent me a $400 gift card through the mail. I'm still holding it as i'm weary of the 360. I will probably break down and buy one during the holidays. Hopfully they'll have a bundle or something for the same price to make it even better... going to be an elite, whenever i get it.

Glad i got the Wii :).

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
So far I'm loving the PS3. I just found out that for Unreal Tournament 3 it will support keyboard and mouse and you will be able to play with PC people.

D

Derrleak

Junior Audioholic
Wow... UT3 will be compatible with mouse and keyboard? Yikes...that is tempting... I own both consoles and only really enjoy Motorstorm and War Hawk for the PS3. Not a heavy player on the PS3 sadly but due to that news, I may go for UT3 on the PS3 instead of the 360. Congrats on the purchase....console games def have there moments of fun :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis