THE 80s MUSIC THREAD

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
B-52s
Talking Heads
Tom Tom Club
Yaz
Wow, I must be weird. I was only fond of 4 of those groups back in the day. This thread is giving me excellent reminders of certain discs that I should have now, though.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Let's not forget THE CARS, smart pop rock with a new wavy twist.:)

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
First video played on MTV, when MTV mattered.
I saw it at midnight, 1981 or 1982 or whatever it was when MTV debuted. Was of course hooked on MTV when I was younger but nowadays I don't watch it at all. VH1 Classic is what MTV used to be and I do occasionally watch that.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I saw it at midnight, 1981 or 1982 or whatever it was when MTV debuted. Was of course hooked on MTV when I was younger but nowadays I don't watch it at all. VH1 Classic is what MTV used to be and I do occasionally watch that.
I believe it was August of 81, if I'm not mistaken. Yeah, I at times watch VH-1 Classic.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Lets not forget the classic movies, and songs of the 80's.

Did someone say "The Cars"

R

rollinrocker

Audioholic
That picture of phoebe would be better if it were taken about 5 seconds later...

R

rollinrocker

Audioholic
Guilty pleasure of mine...

"88 lines about 44 women" by The Nails

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Queen...Gotta love Freddie
Styx
Frankie and the Knockouts

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
:DI pretty much disliked most of the '80s music. There were exceptions, however, and no doubt there were many styles during that period. Can't believe no one has mentioned Stevie Ray Vaughn. Wow.:D The man could play. I despised (and still do) The Cars and Duran Duran. I didn't much care for the Police or Sting, either, although I will admit their was a lot of creativity there. Seventies is more my style. GFR, Pink Floyd, early Skynyrd, Doobies, Chicago, Outlaws, Montross, CCR, Poco, The Mac, Linda Ronstadt, Eagles, throw in some R&B and maybe some Waylon...now you're talking.:D:D:D

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
:DI pretty much disliked most of the '80s music. There were exceptions, however, and no doubt there were many styles during that period. Can't believe no one has mentioned Stevie Ray Vaughn. Wow.:D The man could play. I despised (and still do) The Cars and Duran Duran. I didn't much care for the Police or Sting, either, although I will admit their was a lot of creativity there. Seventies is more my style. GFR, Pink Floyd, early Skynyrd, Doobies, Chicago, Outlaws, Montross, CCR, Poco, The Mac, Linda Ronstadt, Eagles, throw in some R&B and maybe some Waylon...now you're talking.:D:D:D
YES S S S S S S S!

We old guys gotta stick together, Duke. :eek:

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Yeah, there was a concert in another part of the building on my prom night. Linda Ronstadt, the Eagles with a warm up band (I can't rememberwho). I should have skipped my Senior prom:(:rolleyes:

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Boy I haven't heard that line in a long, long time! LOL

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis