A 67 day Murder sentence

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I actually read that article on another site earlier and was disgusted. The criminal justice system is a joke, maybe I shouldn't say that if I am studying it though...:rolleyes:

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Firstly, it's Manslaughter, not Murder...BIG difference.

Secondly, one can always find a repugnant example of "injustice". They occur every day.

That in no way makes our criminal justice system a joke. It is far from perfect, but it works the vast majority of times. The joke, if there is one, is the oft misused and abused term "criminal justice" system. It is the "legal system", the "court system", the "criminal punishment system", etc. Criminal justice does not really exist at all. For that matter, justice doesn't really exist, not in this life. Hang out a little longer and maybe you'll see the truth in that statement. The best you can hope for in the court system is, perhaps, a little satisfaction, and maybe some retribution, but never "justice".

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I wonder what "unnatural" sex acts the husband was asking her to do?

"Come on honey, I promise you the chicken will fit. Just shove it up there."

A

Alexxus

Enthusiast
Criminal justice does not really exist at all. For that matter, justice doesn't really exist, not in this life.
Hallelujah brotha! Justice is just an ideal, innit? Some strange theoretical concept, that's what it is ... :(

The poor little girls are sure innocent, though. It's prolly them who are gonna be hurt most :mad:

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned

Laughing out loud! The Chicken, hay, so what kinky things do you do with the chicken in the US, just curious to know that’s all?:D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord

you have too wild of an imagination ... or do you? :eek:

i'm thinking it was unnatural because the priest is supposed to be celibate. (spelling?)

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
Well I’ve read though the above link, but I don’t see any reference to a chicken being used?

So did, she over cook the chicken, is that what it’s all about:confused:, this whole thing is making me hungry now. I’m popping up the road to grab some munchies.

Attachments

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i'm thinking it was unnatural because the priest is supposed to be celibate. (spelling?)
newspaper article said:
a day after her husband's body was found, Winkler was arrested 340 miles away on the Alabama coast, driving the family minivan with her three young daughters inside.
figures. I didn't read the whole article, if they had children, then the minister did NOT need to be celibate. I guess darien and his chicken wasn't too far off.

D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic
figures. I didn't read the whole article, if they had children, then the minister did NOT need to be celibate. I guess darien and his chicken wasn't too far off.
His abuse and rape/weird sex acts is only alleged. her parents wouldn't even show up in her defence.

I managed to read a snipit about this, and it culminated around an argument where she tried to hide the fact she maxed out the credit card she had. I will see if I can find out more and link it.

The jury convicted her of 3 years, the judge dropped the sentance further.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Justice: let the punishment fit the crime, you take someone's life (during a crime) you forfeit yours. You rape, you die. You do anything to a child, you die. You steal, you pay back what you stole and then jail time. This isn't so hard folks, problem is attorney's bar associations are against the death penalty, judges don't like handing out tough sentences, or in some case no sentences at all just some ridiculous, politically correct notion of "punishment" called therapeutic rehabilitation, these judges should know better, but they're the one's promoting this "justice" where the criminal is the victim and the victim is an inconvenience, I'd hate to live in Vermont. Something can be said for the oft maligned Wild West justice.

By the same token, when the state puts an innocent person in jail, that person has to be re numerated for the rest of their life, the DA has to be investigated along with those involved and if evidence of tampering or "railroading" is found, the parties responsible would have to share in the innocent's suffering: an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, no one is above the law not even the law givers, Lex Talionis. This would make a sober, equitable system.:mad:

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Justice: let the punishment fit the crime, you take someone's life (during a crime) you forfeit yours.
I wholly disagree. Yes, let the the punishment befit the crime. That is still not tantamount to justice.

You obviously have never lost someone in a crime (I am not picking on you strat). Let us not so loosely toss around the term "justice". I believe "justice" carries much weight and meaning. Do you think the rape victim feels justice has been served if the perp serves 20 or even 40 years? Let me tell you, generally not.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I wholly disagree. Yes, let the the punishment befit the crime. That is still not tantamount to justice.

You obviously have never lost someone in a crime (I am not picking on you strat). Let us not so loosely toss around the term "justice". I believe "justice" carries much weight and meaning. Do you think the rape victim feels justice has been served if the perp serves 20 or even 40 years? Let me tell you, generally not.
Exactly, don't give the rapist 30 to 40 years, remove the blight from society, take his life, those that argue that tough sentences don't deter crime should live in the Far East or the Middle East, I'm not saying it won't get rid of all the crime, but believe me perps will think twice before committing an atrocity knowing that what awaits them is not a judge with a conscience or a plush club prison, but a cold guillotine. Consequences make people think especially if they know what will happen.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Good morning John,

I'm curious what's your take on justice?

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Exactly, don't give the rapist 30 to 40 years, remove the blight from society, take his life, those that argue that tough sentences don't deter crime should live in the Far East or the Middle East, I'm not saying it won't get rid of all the crime, but believe me perps will think twice before committing an atrocity knowing that what awaits them is not a judge with a conscience or a plush club prison, but a cold guillotine. Consequences make people think especially if they know what will happen.
Hmmmm. That's a whole other topic (corporal punishment). I was confining my post to the term "justice."

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Good morning John,

I'm curious what's your take on justice?
Good morning back Stratman.

As already written, I don't think it really exists, at least not in this life. Those that seek it seem to be chasing an ethereal wisp of smoke.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
So justice is more akin to a "quasi-religious" philosophical state of mind, where the victim formulates through feelings and conviction what would be equitable in order to satisfy such state of mind? That really can't be duplicated in the material world?

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
So justice is more akin to a "quasi-religious" philosophical state of mind, where the victim formulates through feelings and conviction what would be equitable in order to satisfy such state of mind? That really can't be duplicated in the material world?
Wow? Is that a rhetorical question, or do you just like reading your own posts? ;)

I easily tire of the fast food manner in which meaningful terms are haphazardly strewn about like a big mac. Pure poppycock.

I have always thought the definition of justice to be rather plain and simple: it is righting a wrong.

Tell me, how does one "right" a rape or murder? To me, the only way that can be accomplished is to undo it. Hmmmm. Is that making those gears turn? ;)

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
You'd need a time machine for that!:D The only way to right a wrong is never to commit the wrong, once done you face the consequence, hopefully others won't follow through with their "wrong" and incur the same fate.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis