E3 PS3 trailers WOW!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
MGS4, looks similar to previous ones, but still impressive. The bad news, now says 2008 release....

Killzone2
- very impressive looking FPS.

Lair
- the first trailer looked kind of weak, but man does this ever look good now. Possibly the first MUST HAVE.

Unreal Tournament 3 - The engine on which Gears of War is based...(UT2)graphics don't look as good as I had hoped, but it does look like a lot of fun with a lot of variety.

Little Big Planet - I must have this game!!!! Already knew that when I saw the first trailer. It looks unlike anything else and about as fun as they come.

Downloading others... COD4, Uncharted, Blacksite, Everyday Shooter, Pain...

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
E3 was amazing for Sony. I was throughly impressed with some of the exclusivity that was announced and how well Sony did. Microsoft should have taken a hint from Nintendo or Sony.

What's the deal with Metal Gear Solid? The entire trailer looked like a great interstitial, but I couldn't quite grasp what the gameplay is?

FPS? Co-op options? Looks cool - just cofusing for a newbie like me.

That Little Big Planet is off the charts - wow, talk about breaking the mold. Reminds me of the hype surrounding Black and White several years back.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
MGS is a third person shooter type game. Well atleast all the others have been since the first on PS One. They haven't done a Co-Op before as far as I know, but it would be a cool option.

Little Big Planet does look amazing hands down.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
MGS essentially redefined the FPS with the whole stealth/camo/hunt your own food deal (MGS3). MGS2 was also a revolutionary game as well, so much thought and detail in these games. No other game that I have seen does things like heal over night and your wounds are better when you pick it up and play the next day, but your food went bad. THAT is crazy elements that make the series totally unique and that was on the PS2! As far as what is going on? Well, MGS2 had a really weird story that was very hard to follow. MGS3 the story was pretty clear cut, but still weird. I think they don't want to release too many details about the story of the new one, but it should suffice to say that MGS4 IS why I bought a PS3.

Little Big Planet is to the PS3 what Katamari Damacy was to the PS2 IMO. Unlike anything else. I wonder if it is from the same group?

OH YEAH, Resident Evil 5 HOLY CRAP.

COD4 looks very good too...The new Blacksite trailer still makes me want it, and is still probably one of the coolest looking new FPSs, also based on the Unreal3 engine.

Another MUST have looks like Folklore. Stunning. If anyone ever played American McGee's Alice, Folkelore looks a lot like that and that is definitely a good thing.

The first Lair trailer was pretty lousy, but the new one looks like something I will be buying as well... It is going to be a busy holiday season. All those people who said there aren't games for the PS3...well here's there answer :D

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
The first Lair trailer was pretty lousy, but the new one looks like something I will be buying as well... It is going to be a busy holiday season. All those people who said there aren't games for the PS3...well here's there answer :D
I think there was a reason Sony kept saying they weren't worried about the PS3 and they showed it off at the E3.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
What's the deal with Metal Gear Solid? The entire trailer looked like a great interstitial, but I couldn't quite grasp what the gameplay is?

That Little Big Planet is off the charts - wow, talk about breaking the mold. Reminds me of the hype surrounding Black and White several years back.
They call it tactical espionage. It's really a genre unto itself. Think James Bond (but not GoldenEye 64). It's an awesome experience as it's more like an interactive movie. I remember playing MGS2 for the first time, watching the intro and was blown away at the production values as it was better than most movies.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Unreal Tournament 3 - The engine on which Gears of War is based...(UT2)graphics don't look as good as I had hoped, but it does look like a lot of fun with a lot of variety.
The graphics should get much better before release. I read the Unreal Engine 3 didn't run well at all on PS3, and they're adapting it extensively. Should be capable of amazing things once it's optimized for the hardware.

B

Bigsilvs

Audioholic

During the Sony Conference, Kojima stated he will be playing a demo at TGS and apologized that it wasn't ready for E3. Can't wait to see that. In earlier statements he talked about taking full advantage of the Six-axis. This leads me to believe that maybe the sniping will be like whats going to be used in the game Army of Two. Maybe its wishful thinking :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I would imagine it will probably be for CQC. The sniping duel in MGS3 is one of the all time best boss fights...

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I would imagine it will probably be for CQC. The sniping duel in MGS3 is one of the all time best boss fights...
I have heard it was great but for once in a long time I have too many games to play and am having trouble getting anywhere in all of them! MGS4 is going to be an exciting game although I don't think Snake will be the only main playable character, he looked so old in the preview and he also had a rather large weakness to Liquid.

B

Bigsilvs

Audioholic
I also liked the fact that Kojima kept saying that was all in-game. His translator kept looking at him like "ok we get it." He later explained that this was the last Metal Gear game that he is going to make and it wraps up the entire story.

In general, Sony at E3 impressed me a lot. They displayed mass amounts of games on all of there systems and made a point to state that they had 15 1st and 2nd party exclusives in the works for PS3. Games like Folklore, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, and Little Big Planet were supposedly all playable at E3. The big thing for me is games in the future. They didn't even touch on Final Fantasy 13 or the God of War 3, though I think Square has there own press conference, which is promising.

Sony also had a few big announcements like the whole deal with NCSOFT and Unreal Tournament 3. And, lets not forget the new model PSP. In general, it was about games, games, and more games.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
God of War 3 has nothing more than a title shown in the "E3 Closing" trailer on the PS Store.

FF13 has already had a sneek preview in PSM. I don't think we will see that until 08 either, which is why they are not talking much about it.

Kojima already said Snake won't be the only main playable character, you will have Ryu or whatever his name was again as well, only this time he will be a lot more interesting.... Snake is old because of a "disease" that is causing him to age rapidly, probably something to do with the nanomachines.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis