DENON 2807 setup help

K

Korso55

Audiophyte
hi, i just got my denon 2807 receiver today and i want to hook it up with my hd dvd player...but im clueless on how to set it up....the instructions are very hard to follow i find. Could someone please give me the simple step by step on just how to watch a hd dvd movie on here???

thanks

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Do you have an HDMI cable? You will need at least two HDMI cables if your TV has an HDMI input. If your TV does not have an HDMI input you will need to use component for your video and I would either use a SPDIF connection with optical or coaxial; you could also use 5.1 outputs on the player if it has them, depends on what models of equipment you have.:)

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Whatever method you use for hooking things up to the receiver you will have to "tell" the receiver you have done so by going to settings then going to video settings and assigning inputs. Thats probably the step you are missing.

K

Korso55

Audiophyte
more denon 2807 help

i have all the HDMI's setup....but i dont know how to assign the HDMI in order to watch my hd dvd.....can you help?

thanks

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
i have all the HDMI's setup....but i dont know how to assign the HDMI in order to watch my hd dvd.....can you help?

thanks
Reading is the first thing I would recommend. It took 30 minutes but it wasn't too bad with the manual.

Since I am nice though here it is (used my 3806 so it might be slightly different). Try to follow along with your manual so you can get used to it.

Hit the set up button.
Go to video set up.
Hdmi In Assign.
Assign the HDMI 1 (assuming thats where you plugged in the player) to dvd.
Exit the OSD.
Hit the dvd button on the remote and there you go.

You can also mess with HDMI out settings in the same area.

Last edited:
K

Korso55

Audiophyte
Hdmi Cable Ranks!!

that did the trick....thank you so much!

i think i might have another problem though....im looking very carefully at the PQ of my hd dvd after it passes through my receiver...now i just bought any ol' hdmi cable(not the most "top of the line") i think it may have dampened the picture....does this mean to get the most expensive hdmi cable or should i not pass HD video through the receiver and instead just use monster component cables...because i really want that TruHD option....can i still achieve that with component cables??? what are my options if any?

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
The hdmi cable itself shouldn't matter too much in this case. The receiver should be capable of passing 1080p through. You sure the PQ decreased?

Component cables aren't legally allowed to send TrueHD signals because of copyright mumbo jumbo.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Did you have the HD-DVD player hooked directly to the TV using HDMI before and now you're noticing a difference in picture quality, or is this the first time that you've hooked it up using HDMI?

K

Korso55

Audiophyte
no ive had the hd dvd player for months now and im noticing a difference in conjunction with the receiver

K

Korso55

Audiophyte
TrueHD set up

i have everything working smoothly now....will someone tell me what mode or how i access the TrueHD option on the receiver???

thanks

T

trnqk7

Full Audioholic
As great as the 2807 is, owning it myself, it does not decode the high-def audio formats such as TruHD. You will have to send the PCM signal from the HD-DVD player to it so that you can get higher resolution audio.

W

wrd0225

Enthusiast
Reading is the first thing I would recommend. It took 30 minutes but it wasn't too bad with the manual.

Since I am nice though here it is (used my 3806 so it might be slightly different). Try to follow along with your manual so you can get used to it.

Hit the set up button.
Go to video set up.
Hdmi In Assign.
Assign the HDMI 1 (assuming thats where you plugged in the player) to dvd.
Exit the OSD.
Hit the dvd button on the remote and there you go.

You can also mess with HDMI out settings in the same area.
What is meant by exit to OSD? HOw to do that.

W

wrd0225

Enthusiast
How do I see the screen with the setup info? I have the HDMI#1 from the TV plugged into the monitor on the receiver. What next?(Denon AVR-2807)

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
How do I see the screen with the setup info? I have the HDMI#1 from the TV plugged into the monitor on the receiver. What next?(Denon AVR-2807)
Do you have your sources connected to the TV or the denon?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis