F.E.A.R. on the PS3

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Rented it last night. Wow this is a weird game. I'm sure some of you may have seen it on the PC. The sounds are unnerving and the lighting is eerie at times. It is an interesting game so far, sort of Resident Evil if it was done by Tom Clancy... Graphics are solid, but I do notice a bit of slow down at times. I only played the first level or two, so I don't have a good enough feel for it yet to give it a thumbs up or not, but it is cool so far. Some of the scenery and imagery remind me of Condemned on the 360. The weaponry is cool, but nothing too impressive. The only weak point is the hand to hand combat, which is a bit disjointed. The game does sort of have that feel of a ported PC game, but the transition isn't too bad.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I read that it's only at 20fps or something lame like that. The reviewer said that it physically made him sick while playing the game.

apatel25314

apatel25314

Audioholic
damn! i didnt know they made it for ps3, but i have it on 360 and its a pretty cool game, but i feel it is kinda weird

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It definitely isn't as smooth as some of the other games like Resistance, Genji, Icon and NG:Sigma, and it is very noticeable at times.

D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic
It definitely isn't as smooth as some of the other games like Resistance, Genji, Icon and NG:Sigma, and it is very noticeable at times.
How would you describe the slow down?

I have it for 360. I'm sure the graphics aren't there but the game play was amazing once I got down the basics. It's amazing to play late at night with the lights off in my cold dark basement with a paranoid friend who ceeps saying"what was that?!?!"

I need my mommy!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
When there are big sequences with a lot of enemies in the area and a lot going on in a scene (smoke, etc...), it seems to bog down a little. Which I have only seen with once or twice with one or two other games so far.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The sound on this game is pretty amazing. EXCELLENT use of surround.

D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic
The sound on this game is pretty amazing. EXCELLENT use of surround.
I will check it out with the new system. I can imagine though.

I think it's a great FPS with some nice AI.

I haven't even played a game with the new HT set up as I have spent so much time just in awe watching movies and calibrating then moving theings and tryign to demo a replacement sub.

I loved GOW with surround also. The game wasn't the cats meow but it had it down on the music part.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
GOW2 does better than the first one in the sound department. For FEAR, Sierra has done a very good job with the small detail sounds and visuals in this game. A lot of the time I will go back and walk around to hear some of the sounds they've created. There's some really creepy stuff when you hear those "voices" talking from various speakers.

T

tslh

Audiophyte
FEAR is much better on the PC/X360 than on the PS3. It's a not so good port.

C

cruiseoveride

Junior Audioholic
You wanna use your sub on a computer game, You have to try out Doom3, that will just blow you away

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis