Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
Just pulled the trigger on the 50" Vizio plasma at Costco. I'd pretty much been committed to the 50" Panasonic commercial display, but I've gotta admit, this Visio is awfully close to the PQ of the Panny with $700 more jingle in my pocket.

dominic42

Enthusiast
i bought the 42" last november and have been very happy with it, last week i was in costco looking at the 50" also. i noticed they are still selling the 42 for under a grand.

good luck
Dom

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I have a 42 plasma (until I can get it back to Costco). This is the second after exchanging the first and both have had reasonable video quality but a horrible high pitched whining sound that is louder than volume at around 40. I guess I have just been soured on Vizio because of this but Panny here I come.

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
I have a 42 plasma (until I can get it back to Costco). This is the second after exchanging the first and both have had reasonable video quality but a horrible high pitched whining sound that is louder than volume at around 40. I guess I have just been soured on Vizio because of this but Panny here I come.
My father got a Vizio just over a month ago, and it had this same issue with the sound, and also the picture wasn't that great. The 42" Philips he had already had a better picture so he ended up returning the larger Vizio. So many people have been happy with the Vizio's that I think not all their products have problems, but I too am shy of their products now because of this experience.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I am very glad to hear I am not the only one with this problem. I have read about it occasionally online but have had two (with extremely varying manufactuering dates) and am willing to spend the extra money.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have had bad experiences with Vizio (lcd), poor quality control. The pq isn't that great, but it is a budget tv. Geno, just make sure to keep the reciept somewhere you can find it in case of problems. FTR, Vizio's customer service was fantastic. They didn't waste any time sending me a "grade A" replacement, which their people came to swap out. If i didn't want to touch a cable, they would've done it all. On the down side, their subcontracted service technicians finally called me back to schedule a look at my tv a month after Vizio replaced it, and seven weeks after I initially called them (5x).:eek:

Jack

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
If you are comparing the Visio and the Panny you are taking a knife to a gun fight. If you get the Visio understand that you are making a choice to get an inexpensive plasma and view it as that.

I am not sure about now but over the past several weeks Circuit City has the 50" Panny plasma on sale for 1500 bucks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis