majorloser

majorloser

mike c said:
ultra-cool! do you measure your room freq. response?
I'll get around to that some day. Right now I have to bolt everything down in the house. I think I might have just blown a hole through the concrete block wall playing Power Supply - "Woofer Excursion Test" :eek:

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
majorloser said:
I'll get around to that some day. Right now I have to bolt everything down in the house. I think I might have just blown a hole through the concrete block wall playing Power Supply - "Woofer Excursion Test" :eek:
I don't know it the Cascadia Subduction Zone can take this big a hit from the Willamette Valley. WOW!!

majorloser

majorloser

Matt34 said:
Now that's a gun!:D
This thing is HUGE!

Rest of the pics in my theater photo album. Link at the beginning of thread.

majorloser

majorloser

A Couple of Filthy HO's

I haven't worked out the final placement. And, NO, I haven't cleaned all the fingerprints off of the outsides (hence, filthy HO's). But these things sure do hit hard and LOW. It's now time to work on some major accoustic room treatments. That's my New Years Resolution :)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
maybe you can use that gun over there matt!

major, I assume those aren't the final locations of the HO's ... mighty impressive though! looks like they're ready to rock (especially with those ports looking out at you)

majorloser

majorloser

Update

A couple of items on order and waiting delivery:

EQUIPMENT:

OPPO DV-981HD Upconverting DVD player

http://www.oppodigital.com/dv981hd/dv981hd_index.html

TOYS:

Master Replicas "Yoda Lightsaber"

http://masterreplicas.com//store/star_wars/force_fx/8707/

The OPPO is my stop gap player till the whole HD/Bluray disc mess is over and there is enough rental material to make it worth while. Besides, I have about 500 SD-DVD's that will look great.

The light saber will be my forth Master Replicas unit. The Yoda model is 11" smaller than the others just like in the movie.

THINGS TO COME:

GIK Accoustics panels

HSU MBM-12 midbass module (If I can find a place to fit it)

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Major,

They look great. We still have to get-together. Sub Shoot Out LOL :D

majorloser

majorloser

Happy Birthday To Me!

The OPPO DV-981HD is up and running. Definitely a HUGE improvement over my older Yammie DVD-CX1 changer. I went with the 981 over the other choices with the future in mind (besides I like the black finish). My projector is 720P native so I really didn't need the higher resolution. I also have not experienced any problems with "macroblocking" as others have stated with their DLP displays. In the future we plan on buying a new display for the bedroom and the OPPO will become the player for the bedroom. In the mean time the wife gets the Yammie changer. I also plan on buying a HD player for my theater when the HD format wars have settled down and more software (movies) are available for rental. I don't see that as a rush right now since we already have about 500+ SD-DVD's in our collection.

On the plus side:
  • The unit is compact and looks great.
  • It's black and matches most of my components. (even has blue LED's)
  • Has an excellent picture with my 720 projector.

On the negative side:
  • Has very few controls on the front of the unit (no RW/FF or chapter skip)
  • The remote is not backlit
  • The writing on the remote is freakin' puny (yeah, I'm getting old).

As far as both Loserwife and I are concerned it was worth the money. All I need to do now is reprogram my Phillips Pronto Pro with the new commands. Don't think I can live with that remote for very long.

I'll update my Photobucket site later with new pics.

majorloser

majorloser

Matt34 said:
Sweet!

I will own one of those master replica sabers!
Can't have just one :p

Need two so you can have lightsaber duels with the wife. Now that I'll have four the wife and I will be able to "duel wield". I really want the Darth Maul double blade to whoop her butt with. :cool:

Matt34

Matt34

majorloser said:
Can't have just one :p

Need two so you can have lightsaber duels with the wife. Now that I'll have four the wife and I will be able to "duel wield". I really want the Darth Maul double blade to whoop her butt with. :cool:
For sure!:p

I'm emailing her now to go ahead and order the Vader Episode IV lightsaber.:D

majorloser

majorloser

no. 5 said:
how do they know? :eek:
I don't know :eek:

But I will say the lightsabers aren't cheap toys. They have some weight to them since they are made out of metal and heavy plastics.

I picked up three of mine last year when Master Replicas was running a special. They're regularly $119 each. When you bought three they were $79 each with free shipping. It's worth getting on their e-mail list.

majorloser

majorloser

Oppo DV-981HD Upconverting DVD Player

Our new Oppo 981 DVD player. Also note the manual Monoprice HDMI switcher.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis