Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
There is a very good reason #1 AdBlocker, UBlock Origin stop working on Chrome and it's not great news.
Given that modern Edge is built on chromium and also MS more than dabbles in online ads, they are likely to follow Chrome's example and start messing with adblockers.
The solution is simple enough: Use Firefox. In recent years - they did a great job of making it as soon if not better than Chrome in many aspects, mainly privacy and security. Use firefox. I chose to use Brave Search as the default search as I feel it provides better search results than DuckDuckGo, but YMMV.
I'd leave Chrome in a second except for auto fill and passwords. I only have Chrome remember certain innocuous websites that require passwords. Not my banks, etc. Does Firefox remember passwords and autofill for your contact info?

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Here you go. It works for me:

Just before you click on such a link go into browser settings, then cookies and site permissions, scroll down to Java Script and disable. then open link to read material.
Leave settings window open to reset afterwards.
In Chrome, I cannot find Browser Settings or Cookies and Site Permissions. I looked in settings on the browser and didn't find either one. Typed it in the browser setting search and it didn't show. I have the current version of Chrome.
edit: Found that in Edge and it worked! Thx! I wonder if there is a similar setting in Chrome. I'll look again.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I'd leave Chrome in a second except for auto fill and passwords. I only have Chrome remember certain innocuous websites that require passwords. Not my banks, etc. Does Firefox remember passwords and autofill for your contact info?
yes it does and it also can import all of you Chrome autofill and passwords

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
yes it does and it also can import all of you Chrome autofill and passwords
Oh great! Plus bookmarks I would assume? Is it not the same browser that was Mozilla and before that Net-something? I used it way back when.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
In Chrome, I cannot find Browser Settings or Cookies and Site Permissions. I looked in settings on the browser and didn't find either one. Typed it in the browser setting search and it didn't show. I have the current version of Chrome.
edit: Found that in Edge and it worked! Thx! I wonder if there is a similar setting in Chrome. I'll look again.
Yes, forgot to mention that I use Edge predominantly until I have to use Firefox to access my water bill that until recently would work on Edge but not now, doesn't even work on Chrome. That is frustrating. Of course, water company said not their problem.

Look for Java Script in Chrome search but then I don't even know if Chrome uses it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis