Speaker Upgrade Question

K

Kyle Braunlich

Junior Audioholic
I currently have a VTF-3 MK5 subwoofer from HSU. I have all definitive technology speakers with a denon x1400h receiver.
Front and center are sm55 bookshelfs.
Surrounds are sr9040 bipolar.
And ceiling are pro monitor 1000s.
I was wondering if getting the HSU CCB-8 would be a significant upgrade on my current front setup. I am definitely looking for more clarity in dialog especially at higher volumes. Any other speaker recommendations are welcome. Thanks for any help.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I was wondering if getting the HSU CCB-8 would be a significant upgrade on my current front setup. I am definitely looking for more clarity in dialog especially at higher volumes. Any other speaker recommendations are welcome. Thanks for any help.
I would do all you can with Audyssey first...use the app to fine tune your dialog needs. (you can turn off Audyssey's midrange-cut with the app for one thing). It's worth the 20 dollars.

Your front stage is fine as is...as far as recommending other speakers, we could be here for months. :)

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I have 3 HSU CCB-8s across the Fronts in our Atmos System in the Games Room, and frankly they are fabulous. They are the best center I've ever heard. If I were you I'd bring them in and test them out using your sm55 bookshelves for the surrounds.

If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you have 30 days from receiving the item to begin the return process.

I brought mine in from California to Vancouver, BC and have been with the purchase for years.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis