LEGO subwoofer enclosure- warning, alcohol involved

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
So drinking a beer while watching Rings of Power and scrolling data-bass and I had a crazy, maybe stupid idea. Ultimately the best subwoofer enclosure is sealed and dual apposed gives you lots of surface area to move a lot of low frequency sound waves. REL flagship subs use irregular interior to breakup standing waves, somewhat egg-shaped. What if you used AI to calculate interior volume using irregular LEGO interior shapes to build the enclosure? Obviously you’d need to seal it so they don’t blow apart but I think it could actually work. Have it taper into a smaller tube in the middle with the LEGOS providing irregular random interior dimensions. I know it’s completely silly but I think it could be functional and fun.

You can blame a little cask strength whiskey and Ranger Juice Force for this thought experiment.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
So drinking a beer while watching Rings of Power and scrolling data-bass and I had a crazy, maybe stupid idea. Ultimately the best subwoofer enclosure is sealed and dual apposed gives you lots of surface area to move a lot of low frequency sound waves. REL flagship subs use irregular interior to breakup standing waves, somewhat egg-shaped. What if you used AI to calculate interior volume using irregular LEGO interior shapes to build the enclosure? Obviously you’d need to seal it so they don’t blow apart but I think it could actually work. Have it taper into a smaller tube in the middle with the LEGOS providing irregular random interior dimensions. I know it’s completely silly but I think it could be functional and fun.

You can blame a little cask strength whiskey and Ranger Juice Force for this thought experiment.
Who told you that the best subwoofer enclosure is sealed? That is BOGUS!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis