Definitve Mythos vs Polk T50 - which one would you pick?

K

kmcorolla15

Audioholic Intern
Trying to decide to which to use in my living room. I have a newer Sony receiver with Atmos. Currently running a set of Polk T50s and a Polk Center channel. I also came across a set of Definitive Mythos Two set along with a Mythos Three center channel.

Also considering leaving the living room setup alone and using the Definitives in place of my Polk T15s in my basement. Running an Atmos Onkyo system in there.

Yes, I am definitely a newbie at this. lol

Looking for opinions/recommendations of one over the other please. Thanks in advance!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Trying to decide to which to use in my living room. I have a newer Sony receiver with Atmos. Currently running a set of Polk T50s and a Polk Center channel. I also came across a set of Definitive Mythos Two set along with a Mythos Three center channel.

Also considering leaving the living room setup alone and using the Definitives in place of my Polk T15s in my basement. Running an Atmos Onkyo system in there.

Looking for opinions/recommendations of one over the other please. Thanks in advance!
They are both on wall speakers, so I assume your T15s are on wall.

Not sure it makes much difference, but the DefTechs are larger. I have to say though that any time I have heard DefTech I have only been impressed in a negative direction.

K

kmcorolla15

Audioholic Intern
They are both on wall speakers, so I assume your T15s are on wall.

Not sure it makes much difference, but the DefTechs are larger. I have to say though that any time I have heard DefTech I have only been impressed in a negative direction.
We recently moved so I haven't wall mounted them. They're sitting on top of our TV stand. The Definitives would have to be wall mounted though unless I can find stands for them.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
We recently moved so I haven't wall mounted them. They're sitting on top of our TV stand. The Definitives would have to be wall mounted though unless I can find stands for them.
They both need to be wall mounted and will not sound right unless they are. As if they are properly designed wall mount speakers, they will not have baffle step compensation to compensate for the transition frequency.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

You probably won’t know without hearing the Mythos. If they’re cheap enough, just try them out. Unless the seller offers auditions.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis