Auto Tires Replacement

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
By the way, if you buy your tires from Costco, in addition to 2% or 4% off (executive membership + Costco Visa), they will install them and do wheel alignment for you, which is included in the price of the tires.
They also have absolutely free for everyone Nitrogen fill on their parking lot. Never pay extra for that stuff.
Not sure I would trust Costco to do a wheel alignment correctly.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I think he meant wheel balancing. They don’t do alignments.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Then that is a really good reason not to buy tires at Costco.
Costco has a limited selection of tires but the ones they sell are nicely priced and easy to warranty. You can always get an alignment done at your shop of choice.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure I would trust Costco to do a wheel alignment correctly.
I'd trust them as much as most shops of that nature (i.e. most big brand outfits using cheap labor). Balancing would be the initial install step rather than alignment, unless alignment was off and evident in previous tire wear.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
As I mentioned, my local mechanic was cheaper than Costco and my money supported a local business. Pays to shop around. And nitrogen is 78% of the air we breath. Nitrogen fills are a waste of money.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
By the way, if you buy your tires from Costco, in addition to 2% or 4% off (executive membership + Costco Visa), they will install them and do wheel alignment for you, which is included in the price of the tires.
They also have absolutely free for everyone Nitrogen fill on their parking lot. Never pay extra for that stuff.
They warranty and pro-rate damaged tires also, like a lot of tire shops. I typically don't use them simply because they're busier than a tire shop these days in my area, but the deals can be good if they have the tires you're looking for. I have 3 tire shops and a Costco within a few miles, so whoever is available and cheaper lol. I generally use a friend's shop as they are a confirmed drop ship shop for Tire Rack. I order the tires, they show up there and I drop the car off.

I don't think I'd ever get my alignment done by Costco though. Two of my friends own race shops and they both have serious alignment hardware. One of them has the only Bosch 3D laser alignment machine in the area; it can detect a bent frame. Getting my ~10yr old AST shocks rebuilt there next week, which obviously requires an alignment.

Nitrogen is more stable, but in reality, the benefit is minimal.

The results show that nitrogen does reduce pressure loss, but the reduction was only a 1.3-psi difference from air-filled tires over an entire year.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis