Looking to buy a NEW YAMAHA R-S700. I know it's been discontinued.

J

JCanada

Audioholic
Hello again. Hope everyone's doin' well. I am looking to buy a BRAND NEW ( not opened box / not used / must be brand new, still in box ) YAMAHA R-S700 2 channel stereo receiver. I know this particular model has been discontinued for over 2 years. I thought maybe I'll get lucky and someone can point me in the right direction. My search of online retailers has come up empty, everyone is sold out. I await someone's reply. Thanks again.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Good grief three threads when one would do? What is special about this unit?

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
It must really be something....If he really wants two channel perfection, he could get a reconditioned Luxman R115 or R117 for that price.
Either of those would make that Yamaha a sad alternative.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It must really be something....If he really wants two channel perfection, he could get a reconditioned Luxman R115 or R117 for that price.
Meh....never saw much value in a simple integrated amp myself.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Neither of the Luxmans are integrated amps...or that Yamaha.
Okay, receivers (but with such little listenable radio these days I tend to forget about that :) ). Still, limited functionality.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Okay, receivers (but with such little listenable radio these days I tend to forget about that :) ). Still, limited functionality.
Yeah...he would best be served by getting the best deal on a new AVR and using it 2 channel....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Even then might depend on your listening distance/levels and speakers....for moderate use it's probably just fine.

J

JCanada

Audioholic
Once again, SORRY for the multiple threads. Did not intend to annoy anyone. Regarding why this unit is SO special, I am a bit of a collector. Thanks for the reply.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Meh....never saw much value in a simple integrated amp myself.
Do you listen to AM/FM radio?

Integrated amps were built when people listened to the radio and wanted an option to omit the tuner, or buy a better one than what came in receivers. Sounds preposterous, but it's true.

Check out these beauties-

And an FM only Sony tuner model that I owned-

But these were made when FM radio stations played cutting-edge music and didn't compress the audio to death.

J

JCanada

Audioholic
To each his own....I like collecting amps.

J

JCanada

Audioholic
Do you listen to AM/FM radio?

Integrated amps were built when people listened to the radio and wanted an option to omit the tuner, or buy a better one than what came in receivers. Sounds preposterous, but it's true.

Check out these beauties-

And an FM only Sony tuner model that I owned-

But these were made when FM radio stations played cutting-edge music and didn't compress the audio to death.
...When FM stations played "cutting edge" music...Yeah, that brings me back. You're talkin' EARLY 1980's. Cutting edge indeed. The FM music from that era is timeless. I still litsen to it 'till this very day. I sometimes turn my suystem on, get on YouTube and go down the ealry 80's rabbit hole.

J

JCanada

Audioholic
Yeah...he would best be served by getting the best deal on a new AVR and using it 2 channel....
I have an AVR. Yes it does do 2 channel, but whats the fun in that? I like the elaborate system. Multiple amps, multiple sets of speakers, from multiple eras, DAC's as well. There's the fun.

highfigh

highfigh

...When FM stations played "cutting edge" music...Yeah, that brings me back. You're talkin' EARLY 1980's. Cutting edge indeed. The FM music from that era is timeless. I still litsen to it 'till this very day. I sometimes turn my suystem on, get on YouTube and go down the ealry 80's rabbit hole.
No, I'm referring to the very late-'60s and early-'70s. The only station that went public in this area in the early-'80s was WMSE and that's a college station. Commercial became a wasteland around the same time and then, conglomerates bought every station they could and played the same crap on each that fit the designation as AOR, Classic Rock, etc.

That college station still plays LPs from start to finish.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
JCanada said:

I have an AVR. Yes it does do 2 channel, but whats the fun in that? I like the elaborate system. Multiple amps, multiple sets of speakers, from multiple eras, DAC's as well. There's the fun.
These are tidbits of info that should have been in your first post then...so no one had to waste time trying to figure out why you were desperately looking for a discontinued item.

If you are a Yamaha collector, you should have had one of these already instead of waiting until it was unavailable.
Especially if your condition was that it had to be unused.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's amazing how this stuff breeds. "I didn't know I had that!" or "Where did that come from?" aren't uncommon.
Most of it works just fine and selling stuff is a hassle. Now if they could breed, that could save some cash!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I would not have thought that would be a highly collectible item. Seems a pretty run of the mill utilitarian device to me.

I am not really a collector, but I buy good stuff over the years, look after it, and largely service it myself. By eBay, I see I picked the right units, but that was not the point. Anyhow, I have units in my system going back 60 years now and working fine. Probably more of an audio hoarder than anything else, but I still use it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis