Thoughts on the new Macintosh sub...

H

HuenEye

Enthusiast
The supposed 'high end' is losing its mind! This beast could have been built much smaller and employed a different speaker configuration that would have improved its sound and lowered distortion - place the drivers opposite each other to reduce vibration and at the same time reducing distortion. It wouldn't be 'eye candy' for the wealthy but would IMO produce better sound. AND NO AUTO DSP CORRECTION? MY FORMER VELO DD 12 HAD THAT AND IT COST FAR FAR LESS.

J

jeffca

Junior Audioholic
No matter how you slice it, this is absurd.

Just check out Rythmik Audio’s site and calculate how many of their subs you could buy for the same price.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I applaud Mac for taking a big tower speaker cabinet and turning it into a $50K sub. :D

Now if only B&W could take the cabinet of the 8001D4 tower (sans the tweeter:D) and turning it into a sub with 3 x 12” woofers. Gotta have the Marlan head. Hells yeah. :D

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
To anyone who can afford dual or quad $50K subs - I’m not envious at all. Not one bit. :D

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I applaud Mac for taking a big tower speaker cabinet and turning it into a $50K sub. :D

Now if only B&W could take the cabinet of the 8001D4 tower (sans the tweeter:D) and turning it into a sub with 3 x 12” woofers. Gotta have the Marlan head. Hells yeah. :D

I do have to say, those are absolutely gorgeous.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
No matter how you slice it, this is absurd.

Just check out Rythmik Audio’s site and calculate how many of their subs you could buy for the same price.
If you stacked 4 Rythmik FV 18's hell even 4 F18's
That Rythmik tower would send that Mac tower crying home for its Mommie

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic General
Don't hold your breath for that one, unless James Larson wants to wrestle with a 500lbs 6.5' cabinet.
We should all pitch in a get James a forklift for Christmas. The way the market and manufacturers are going there will be even bigger and badder subs in the future. a one ton sub is probably being developed right now.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis