EX-PRESIDENT INDICTED

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
I have to ask: If Giuliani admits to making false statements about Moss & Freeman, what else has he lied about?
probably somethin like "i never spoke to my son about his business" or maybe "i never met my sons business partners" or "i never talk to my sons business partners"

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It looks like Trump is very close to running out of other people's money to spend on his legal fees.

>>>Former President Donald Trump is running out of other people's money to spend on his legal bills, which could total in the tens of millions of dollars if he takes all four of his criminal cases to trial.

His key fund has spent nearly all of the more than $150 million it raised and is sitting on less than $4 million, according to the latest numbers available. He has already dug into his fund for 2024 ads and borrowed money to post bail in Georgia.<<<

Trump apparently relies on small donors because the big donors aren't dumb enough to pay his legal bills for him.

>>>Former President Donald Trump's political operation may be bleeding money as it tries to cover millions of dollars in legal fees, but the GOP frontrunner has an important asset that none of his rivals appear to possess: a massive, renewable pool of small-dollar donor money.<<<

The big money probably also expects Trump to lose in 2024. There's little point in throwing away money on a loser.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
It looks like Trump is very close to running out of other people's money to spend on his legal fees.
I'm happy to read about this. But I'm also disappointed in those who believe that whoever raises the most cash wins the election. I think this assumption isn't entirely correct, but it's also not entirely wrong. I wish I could see some records of election outcomes vs. cash raised.

Last edited:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord

>>>Former President Donald Trump is running out of other people's money to spend on his legal bills, which could total in the tens of millions of dollars if he takes all four of his criminal cases to trial.

His key fund has spent nearly all of the more than $150 million it raised and is sitting on less than $4 million, according to the latest numbers available. He has already dug into his fund for 2024 ads and borrowed money to post bail in Georgia.<<<

Trump apparently relies on small donors because the big donors aren't dumb enough to pay his legal bills for him.

>>>Former President Donald Trump's political operation may be bleeding money as it tries to cover millions of dollars in legal fees, but the GOP frontrunner has an important asset that none of his rivals appear to possess: a massive, renewable pool of small-dollar donor money.<<<

The big money probably also expects Trump to lose in 2024. There's little point in throwing away money on a loser.
So sad that those hurt most by him in the long run give him the most money. I go past some of the poorest houses in my area and they have tRump 2024 flags (made in china). Policies of the party in power are the ones helping them to get a higher base wage and a safety net if needed but looked at as evil. Is it a lack of education or brain washing by faux news?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I just saw this bit of news.
Two former leaders of the Proud Boys, Joseph Biggs and Zachary Rehl, were sentenced to 17 years and 15 years respectively in prison for seditious conspiracy and other crimes committed during the riot more than two years ago.

Biggs is a former military service member who helped lead efforts by the Proud Boys to take over the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. Rehl, also a former military service member, was a leader of the Philadelphia chapter of the Proud Boys.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Let alone how much he squirreled away out of sight....

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

Not fast enough.

Hopefully NY state will negate all his businesses in that state as it was all fraudulently acquired.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
what does this have to do with Trump Nuts getting indicted ??

Start your own thread on the incompetency of the Biden administration, I'm sure you'll have plenty of material ! ;)
He’s been asked to create his own thread earlier, but here we are. :rolleyes:

He’s like a seagull that screeches and shîts all over the place.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

Start your own thread on the incompetency of the Biden administration, I'm sure you'll have plenty of material ! ;)
I already suggested that, but he just responded that "Nobody will look at it then!" So, he just keeps polluting this thread. I would suggest blocking him.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

I think with Chrysler it is like preaching Trump to anti-Trumpers. There's Haley, Christie, Scott, Pence..... like 10 candidates to choose from. Nope, gotta be Trump.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The lawsuits alleging that Trump is constitutionally disqualified for office have started. There's a pretty decent argument that Trump is disqualified, but it's far from a slam dunk.

>>>A Florida lawyer is challenging former President Trump’s ability to run for president in 2024 under the U.S. Constitution’s 14th Amendment, citing the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack. . . .

Caplan told The Hill that he did not originally believe Trump’s role in the Capitol attack could disqualify him from becoming president again. That changed when he read an analysis by former 4th Circuit Appeals Court Judge J. Michael Luttig and Harvard legal scholar Laurence Tribe.

In an article published last week in The Atlantic, Luttig, a conservative, and Tribe, who is liberal, contended that Trump’s efforts to remain in power after losing in 2020 “place him squarely within the ambit of the disqualification clause.”<<<

This lawsuit was dismissed on the basis that Caplan lacked standing.

>>>In her swift dismissal of the case, Judge Robin Rosenberg, who was appointed to the bench by President Barack Obama, did not determine the 14th Amendment's applicability in Trump's case. Instead, Rosenberg ruled that the plaintiffs, Boynton Beach attorney Lawrence Caplan and two others, lacked "standing" to bring the challenge.<<<(emphasis added)

Essentially, the judge said that a 14th Amendment lawsuit would need to be filed by a government official. She did not say that the case lacked merit, just that Caplan was the wrong party to bring the lawsuit.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This lawsuit was dismissed on the basis that Caplan lacked standing.

>>>In her swift dismissal of the case, Judge Robin Rosenberg, who was appointed to the bench by President Barack Obama, did not determine the 14th Amendment's applicability in Trump's case. Instead, Rosenberg ruled that the plaintiffs, Boynton Beach attorney Lawrence Caplan and two others, lacked "standing" to bring the challenge.<<<(emphasis added)

Essentially, the judge said that a 14th Amendment lawsuit would need to be filed by a government official. She did not say that the case lacked merit, just that Caplan was the wrong party to bring the lawsuit.
Interesting that it seems any member of the electorate may be deemed to lack standing? I don't know the full details to grok how the Caplan suit was framed so perhaps am missing something, likely from the previous decisions cited as precedent by Rosenberg.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Interesting that it seems any member of the electorate may be deemed to lack standing? I don't know the full details to grok how the Caplan suit was framed so perhaps am missing something, likely from the previous decisions cited as precedent by Rosenberg.
This is just one court decision, but I doubt that very many other courts would allow a private citizen to go forward with a lawsuit based on the 14th amendment.

Standing is somewhat difficult to define. It's exacerbated in this situation because it is not clear if the 14th amendment is self-executing (i.e. does Congress need to pass a law in order to create a basis for a lawsuit?). If congress passed a law that authorized individual citizens to file a lawsuit, standing probably wouldn't be much of an issue.

Here's one statement on the standing requirement in federal court:

>>>Standing in Federal Court

At the federal level, legal actions cannot be brought simply on the ground that an individual or group is displeased with a government action or law. Federal courts only have constitutional authority to resolve actual disputes (see Case or Controversy).

In Lujan v. Defenders of Wildlife (90-1424), 504 U.S. 555 (1992), the Supreme Court created a three-part test to determine whether a party has standing to sue:
  1. The plaintiff must have suffered an "injury in fact," meaning that the injury is of a legally protected interest which is (a) concrete and particularized and (b) actual or imminent
  2. There must be a causal connection between the injury and the conduct brought before the court
  3. It must be likely, rather than speculative, that a favorable decision by the court will redress the injury<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This is just one court decision, but I doubt that very many other courts would allow a private citizen to go forward with a lawsuit based on the 14th amendment.
For clarity, if an election official in a state declares that Trump cannot be on the ballot, a private citizen would most likely have standing to bring a lawsuit challenging that determination by an official on the basis that it is allegedly depriving the citizen of his or her right to vote for Trump (i.e. this would be an injury (alleged at least) to the citizen in his or her capacity to vote as a citizen).

Standing can be a bit tricky and it depends on the facts of a case.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
fat fanny gonna be indicted, say it ain't so lmao!!!

Pretty if-y..... the goal is to disrupt Trump's indictment and get him reelected. Whether or not legally that has any effect I cannot say.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis