Can we have a rational discussion about guns and why the typical arguments for gun control and its implementation won't work?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
But the AR ISN'T the most convenient method! Or, were you referring to guns, in general? In 2020, more than 6500 pedestrians were killed by drivers- that's not far from 1/5 of the number of homicide victims and it doesn't include the number of car occupants who died because of reckless drivers. More than 35,000 die on the roads each year- now that road rage has reached its current level, even driving and shooting deaths can no longer be considered separate causes- MKE had at least three road rage shooting deaths in the last three weeks. One came from Georgia, for a funeral.
So is the AR the most effective weapon in removing feral and other rodents on crops? If so then yeah makes sense to have one on land.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
So is the AR the most effective weapon in removing feral and other rodents on crops? If so then yeah makes sense to have one on land.
Did you see this post by @cpp?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Still, nothing that a single shot from a 30-30 can't handle unless it takes 30 shots from a AR15 for a poor shot. .
What if someone has a hundred feral hogs on their property?

highfigh

highfigh

Saw this show in TV last year. "HUNTERS" with AR's hunting hogs in TX from a Helicopter and they were dressed in camo. Comical at best. .
'Camo', as in sky blue with fluffy clouds? That sounds like pajamas, not camo.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
What if someone has a hundred feral hogs on their property?
I guess you would have 100's of want ta be weekend warriors out there eating up ammo trying to wipe out a few hogs. Hell at a ranch is south Fla, the put up a huge pen, corn feeders and feed paths and at night they captured 46 hogs. The next fews weeks they feed the hogs corn and removed then slaughtered the pigs for ribs, sausage and tenderloin. But not saying getting these feral hogs off your property as they do destroy a lot of farmland with wild crazy shooting with an AR15 is the only answer, but a good shot with a rifle sure does the job as well.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
'Camo', as in sky blue with fluffy clouds? That sounds like pajamas, not camo.
The macho guys had RealTree camo on in a freaking helicopter. You would have thought, they would have been in short sleeves golf shirts, shorts and tennis shoes.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I guess you would have 100's of want ta be weekend warriors out there eating up ammo trying to wipe out a few hogs. Hell at a ranch is south Fla, the put up a huge pen, corn feeders and feed paths and at night they captured 46 hogs. The next fews weeks they feed the hogs corn and removed then slaughtered the pigs for ribs, sausage and tenderloin. But not saying getting these feral hogs off your property as they do destroy a lot of farmland with wild crazy shooting with an AR15 is the only answer, but a good shot with a rifle sure does the job as well.
Feral hogs do a lot of damage in Sweden as well, but assault rifles are not needed to kill them.

highfigh

highfigh

How much time do you think they want to spend getting rid of the Hogs? I have to think they need to do other things.

46 Hogs makes little difference when the total is larger.

It's not just the Southern US, either.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
How much time do you think they want to spend getting rid of the Hogs? I have to think they need to do other things.

46 Hogs makes little difference when the total is larger.

It's not just the Southern US, either.

Why do you think they need assault rifles for this?

highfigh

highfigh

The macho guys had RealTree camo on in a freaking helicopter. You would have thought, they would have been in short sleeves golf shirts, shorts and tennis shoes.
I can see it now-

Hog 1- "Did you see that"
Hog 2- "What? Where?"
Hog 1- "Up in the sky"
Hog 2 (looks up and sees guy in camo, in chopper)- "Oh, that? It's just a shrub"

That takes some real brain power......Let's hurl bricks at them!

highfigh

highfigh

Why do you think they need assault rifles for this?
FFS! How would you eliminate a herd of hundreds, dozens of people shooting in random directions with bolt action rifles?

Because not everyone can buy a machine gun.

I thought you wrote that you had been in the military- why would someone want to use a rifle like an AR?

highfigh

highfigh

Hunters with weapons that can hit what they aim at.
OK, how many feral hogs are in Sweden and how are they eliminated? The only site I found that referred to wild animals showed where people can go to see them. I found some links that indicate that they're a problem in Europe, but not Sweden, specifically. I used 'How does Sweden eliminate feral hogs?' in my search.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Reminds of an incident in Sweden a couple of decades ago where where some CEOs where illegally shooting reindeer from a helicopter, and then just cut out the best parts of the dead animals and left the rest to rot. People where incensed, as I recall, especially hunters.
I posted about someone who cut off the antlers and left the animals on the ground in New Zealand. He said "Well, we fed other animals". Good, for you. Effing turd.

highfigh

highfigh

Most effective? Possibly not, but if someone already has one (or more), why not use it? I have seen videos of pickups with .50 cal machine guns on the roof- that's usually a one shot kill, but again, not everyone wants one or can buy one. At about a dollar per round (on a good day), it's not a cheap way to do it. Magazine capacity and rate of fire help, but they still need to hit a vital spot.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
FFS! How would you eliminate a herd of hundreds, dozens of people shooting in random directions with bolt action rifles?

Because not everyone can buy a machine gun.

I thought you wrote that you had been in the military- why would someone want to use a rifle like an AR?
Yes, like so many others at my age I've had military service. That does not mean I think that an assault rife is the best choice for hunting wild hogs.

We also have very many good hunters. Perhaps you've never met one?

highfigh

highfigh

Yes, like so many others at my age I've had military service. That does not mean I think that an assault rife is the best choice for hunting wild hogs.

We also have very many good hunters. Perhaps you've never met one?
I have known people who were hunting guides, written/edited hunting/fishing magazines. You sure do like to think some of us are fucking idiots. You constantly post comments against others, but we're all waiting for you to come up with something constructive. Go ahead- it probably won't even hurt you.

What, in your opinion, is a better choice for hunting wild hogs?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I have known people who were hunting guides, written/edited hunting/fishing magazines. You sure do like to think some of us are fucking idiots. You constantly post comments against others, but we're all waiting for you to come up with something constructive. Go ahead- it probably won't even hurt you.

What, in your opinion, is a better choice for hunting wild hogs?
For sure you’ve got a number of “hunters” that “needs” an assault rifle to spray around bullets that might wound the animal, but don’t hunt it down to kill it if wounded. It’s what you aptly call “fucking idiots”.

Morons like that here either don’t get a hunting license (there are a number of tests to pass, including shooting) or loose it. People like that aren’t real hunters.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis