Disney Sues DeSantis

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief

Well it looks like the Mouse has had enough and is gonna bite back hard. They have an army of lawyers. This is gonna cost the state a fortune. Not wise to p.o. the largest employer in the state. I did read where the new board at Disney that DeSantis appointed plan to raise Disney's taxes to pay to defend the lawsuit. How on earth is that legal?

M-I-C
C ya in court!
K-E-Y
Y? Cause we sued ya!
M-O-U-S-E!

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Keep us posted. I am happy I live in a state that has a Governor that is a Democrat and have a new Judge on our Supreme Court that is NOT CONSERVATIVE to the extreme. The balance seems to be tipping towards Democracy! lol The FL population has its hands full with extreme law makers, like TX and some others.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I have no love for Disney, but don't see FL winning this one especially in federal court. Disney has been around for decades whereas governors come and go so Disney can simply wait this out. At the end of the day, Florida needs Disney more than Disney needs Florida and I would not be surprised if several states are preparing packages to try and lure Disney. What will likely happen is the governor won't receive the GOP nomination at which point he'll become more reasonable or risk whatever political career he has left.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Desantis is such an asshole....why don't assholes get assassinated is my biggest question? Drumphy didn't even get one!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Lawsuits can be prolonged and boring, but it might be fun to see The Mouse devour the DeSantis paper tiger.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Desantis is such an asshole....why don't assholes get assassinated is my biggest question? Drumphy didn't even get one!
You know I don't like the guy, but wanting someone dead, ( assassinated ) is just a stupid statement. Hell what if someone doesn't like you, and wants you assassinated , what about your family your children etc and the impacts to them.. Again I sure would this of another choice of words, like vote him out of office, etc..would have been a better choice.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Lawsuits can be prolonged and boring, but it might be fun to see The Mouse devour the DeSantis paper tiger.
Agree this will take years to change what DeSantis has done or to even challenge his laws all because of “Don’t Say Gay.” Disney’s lawsuit sidesteps issues of land use and instead raises 1st Amendment concerns. The complaint, which seeks declaratory relief and an injunction, alleges that DeSantis has been waging a “relentless campaign to weaponize government power against Disney in retaliation for expressing a political viewpoint.”

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I'd rather imagine what DeSantis might have to do after he settles with Disney … wear a Goofy outfit at Disney World, greeting all visitors regardless of race, politics, or gender, including the gravity challenged.
1682609105028.png

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Agree this will take years to change what DeSantis has done or to even challenge his laws all because of “Don’t Say Gay.” Disney’s lawsuit sidesteps issues of land use and instead raises 1st Amendment concerns. The complaint, which seeks declaratory relief and an injunction, alleges that DeSantis has been waging a “relentless campaign to weaponize government power against Disney in retaliation for expressing a political viewpoint.”
Retaliation in response to a 1st amendment opinion is illegal.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I have no love for Disney, but don't see FL winning this one especially in federal court. Disney has been around for decades whereas governors come and go so Disney can simply wait this out. At the end of the day, Florida needs Disney more than Disney needs Florida and I would not be surprised if several states are preparing packages to try and lure Disney. What will likely happen is the governor won't receive the GOP nomination at which point he'll become more reasonable or risk whatever political career he has left.
I agree with you about Disney. For the relocation, I had that in mind as well but where else is a state that already draws a large vacationing visitor clientele.

Would a threat to relocate, fire thousands of people, wake up the populus to get rid of this administration? Getting rid of the governor may not be enough.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Would a threat to relocate, fire thousands of people, wake up the populus to get rid of this administration? Getting rid of the governor may not be enough.
There are many other companies that directly or indirectly depends on Disney for business, so Disney leaving don’t just affect their employees.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
I agree with you about Disney. For the relocation, I had that in mind as well but where else is a state that already draws a large vacationing visitor clientele.

Disney doesn't have to relocate,.they can simply shutdown for a year and Republicans will find out how stupid DeSantis is.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Disney doesn't have to relocate,.they can simply shutdown for a year and Republicans will find out how stupid DeSantis is.
That is an option, maybe a good one. That might wake the populous up quicker.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Retaliation in response to a 1st amendment opinion is illegal.
The 1st amendment " It protects freedom of speech, the press, assembly, and the right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." So this should be interesting

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You know I don't like the guy, but wanting someone dead, ( assassinated ) is just a stupid statement. Hell what if someone doesn't like you, and wants you assassinated , what about your family your children etc and the impacts to them.. Again I sure would this of another choice of words, like vote him out of office, etc..would have been a better choice.
Oh in general I agree but with the current GOP may as well be ready for the violence and stupidity they encourage. I think of the Kennedys, King, Malcolm X, etc.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I don't know...we all voted Trump out of office and his assholiness factor went up 300 percent.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis