Looking for a sound bar with a bias towards clear crisp dialog

O

oregonduckman

Audiophyte
I am looking for a sound bar that has a strong bias towards clear crisp dialog. Most sound bars that I have listened to seem to favor lower frequencies (at least to my wear) sacrificing clear dialog. Any ideas on this issue are appreciated.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I am looking for a sound bar that has a strong bias towards clear crisp dialog. Most sound bars that I have listened to seem to favor lower frequencies (at least to my wear) sacrificing clear dialog. Any ideas on this issue are appreciated.
What you need is a soundbar which gives you preset EQ setting to help you tune it somewhat. I have a Monoprice SB-600 which has that feature.

D

Dewi Daniels

Audiophyte
I heard a JBL Bar 1300 at the Bristol Hi-Fi Show recently and was very impressed. I thought it had particularly clear dialogue.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Get yourself a sound system.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I like the soundbar I got about 9 months ago. A Samsung A650 with the subwoofer. It has a center speaker they claim enhances dialog.

I

Itbeezmyway

Audiophyte
Don’t know if anyone follows avs forum, but I see that the Nakamichi is really struggling to produce a mere 500 units and that’s after collecting the full $3,500 up front. Now they are raising their prices to $3900? Plus $400 for their stands? Is this thing made out of gold? Ridiculous for a bar with 2 subs that barely play down to 30hz.

Last edited:
Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
I
I'm looking for a sound bar like that too. If you've already found one, please tell me where
I have two Sonos Beam 2 and they are the best I’ve heard for Dialogue. Sonos app has a dialogue enhancer setting that helps too. They have a 45 day trial and return period so may be worth trying. Hope it helps. Good luck!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis