The Best $500 Powered Subwoofers for 2023

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
We have recently reviewed a handful of what are the best subwoofers that hover around the $500 price range, and in this article, we will compare them to make it easier for subwoofer shopping in this price range. These aren’t the only subs in this price range, but many other $500 subs don’t look like they could compete in performance due to far smaller woofers and amplifiers because they seem to be made for situations that call for very small enclosure sizes. Since performance is such a high priority for us, that is one of our main criteria for what constitutes ‘best’ for inclusion on this list, and that necessarily excludes many of the small subs that can be had for the same price. However, sheer performance isn’t our only criterion, and we also weigh feature sets, appearance, and build quality.

READ: The Best $500 Powered Subwoofers for 2023

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Great compilation. Love the included “upgrade” picks.

Fwiw, BB did a review of the Sub 1200 saying it was the better buy over the Sub 1500. Perhaps given the low cost of these Dayton units it may be worth a shootout between them. ;)

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
We have recently reviewed a handful of what are the best subwoofers that hover around the $500 price range, and in this article, we will compare them to make it easier for subwoofer shopping in this price range. These aren’t the only subs in this price range, but many other $500 subs don’t look like they could compete in performance due to far smaller woofers and amplifiers because they seem to be made for situations that call for very small enclosure sizes. Since performance is such a high priority for us, that is one of our main criteria for what constitutes ‘best’ for inclusion on this list, and that necessarily excludes many of the small subs that can be had for the same price. However, sheer performance isn’t our only criterion, and we also weigh feature sets, appearance, and build quality.

Nice writeup! It will be fun to see the discussions about these. Its also nice to be able to have solid options to offer our friends, families, and new enthusiasts that want to get into this hobby on a budget.

Thank you for reviewing all levels of gear from affordable to expensive!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

@shadyJ it won't be for the price of the 10s but sometimes this hear RSL is planning on releasing a new 12s. From what they've mentioned in your interview it's going to be very very competitive both in specs performance and in pricing. Do you guys have any plans to review that sub this year?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
@shadyJ it won't be for the price of the 10s but sometimes this hear RSL is planning on releasing a new 12s. From what they've mentioned in your interview it's going to be very very competitive both in specs performance and in pricing. Do you guys have any plans to review that sub this year?
It's not set in stone at the moment, but I have a strong feeling that we will be reviewing that new RSL sub.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
It's not set in stone at the moment, but I have a strong feeling that we will be reviewing that new RSL sub.
Woo! Woo! Thanks Shady! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Yes, appreciate the review within my budget range for small room. 8 X 10

N

nexus99

Enthusiast
The current Starke Sound SW-15 BOGO deal eats these up. Its the best deal in Home Theater going right now!

T

TeresaMartell

Audiophyte

Hi there, my friend is looking for the best 500-powered subwoofers for 2023 and I am glad I found your post. I will surely share your post with my friend and I am sure he will be happy, I think he can afford them because he is a big fan of them. I found your post by mistake because I want to hire research paper writer with high rating and while searching for them online, I found your post and I took interest in your post because I remember my friend want it.

M

MacProCT

Audiophyte
I'm very surprised that the SVS PB1000 is not included in this roundup. It's a great subwoofer and thought it's not a "current" model, SVS still frequently has it available in their clearance/outlet store (for under $500).

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I'm very surprised that the SVS PB1000 is not included in this roundup. It's a great subwoofer and thought it's not a "current" model, SVS still frequently has it available in their clearance/outlet store (for under $500).
I would have listed it if it were a current model. Its availability in the outlet store is too sporadic to list. But yes, if you can get one for $500, that is a really good deal.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis