cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Oh no, about 3-4 miles south of Marineland Fl
And per today @ 5, it appears we sold our home, and supposed to close on March 17, so we should if everything works out, move to west side of I-95 away from the ocean in a place called Plantation Bay

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Chris, I'll give you a half-hearted congrats, for I suspect it's bitter sweet ? !

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Chris, I'll give you a half-hearted congrats, for I suspect it's bitter sweet ? !
Thanks but its something we have been trying to pull off for 3 years. We have lived here for 10 years, and dealing with home evacuations due to hurricane impacts, storm surge and the increasing cost of home owners insurance, and flood insurance. All due to our proximity to the ocean well is getting really old, stress and hitting the wallet for insurance premiums.. With this move its a downsize from 2600 sq ft to 1845 sq ft and well away from the ocean, so our insurance rates according to our insurance company will be cut in half, and NO flood insurance required so that's another savings. not to mention the property tax reduction. So its the move related stuff is stressful, but we think it will fall into place and be a nice positive.

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
There's no snow here. It's hard to fathom, but the only snowfall of any consequence so far this winter was about 20cm about 10 days ago. It lasted about 2 days, when we received a biblical amount of rain. We're back to bare ground.
Are you in the NS valley?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
No, I'm in the Halifax area.
I may ping you next time we go there to visit our daughter. Beers at The Split Crow? ;)

From last year, I think this was around Queens Quarry trail off of Purcell's Cove Rd. I remember that it was a newly created nature trail that backed onto a quarry so not too many people knew about it yet. Some very large pieces of granite still in the area.
PXL_20220630_150338250[1].jpg

We later hiked Polly Cove (east of Peggy's Cove) with the kids.
PXL_20220703_163024272[2].jpg

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I may ping you next time we go there to visit our daughter. Beers at The Split Crow? ;)

From last year, I think this was around Queens Quarry trail off of Purcell's Cove Rd. I remember that it was a newly created nature trail that backed onto a quarry so not too many people knew about it yet. Some very large pieces of granite still in the area.
View attachment 59948

We later hiked Polly Cove (east of Peggy's Cove) with the kids.
View attachment 59949
Sure, hit me up when you're in the area.

My wife and I do a lot of hiking, and we've done Polly's Cove, but I had never heard of the Queen's Quarry trail. So, I had to "do the Google". Apparently, the quarry was the source of much of the stone used to build many of Halifax's early buildings, including the Citadel. I'll have to put this on our list of hikes. My last posting when I was in the Navy was at the Damage Control School, which is located in - Purcell's Cove! I left in 2006, so maybe the trail network wasn't established at that point.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Sure, hit me up when you're in the area.

My wife and I do a lot of hiking, and we've done Polly's Cove, but I had never heard of the Queen's Quarry trail. So, I had to "do the Google". Apparently, the quarry was the source of much of the stone used to build many of Halifax's early buildings, including the Citadel. I'll have to put this on our list of hikes. My last posting when I was in the Navy was at the Damage Control School, which is located in - Purcell's Cove! I left in 2006, so maybe the trail network wasn't established at that point.
Checked my phone again and I was wise enough to snap a pic of the trail map. Turns out it was Shaw Wilderness Park which is east of Williams Lake. Queens Quarry is a little further down Purcell's Cove Rd but not much. Shaw Wilderness Park is easy to miss. I just happened to spot the parking lot when we were touring around Purcell Cove. We decided to stop on the way back and have a short 1 hour hike. I think we managed to get only half way in before turning back. We met some other hikers and they told us that it backs onto a quarry (probably to the south to Queens Quarry), hence the occasional large granite boulder. The land had been privately owned but was recently donated for park land. There are trail markers in the park to follow and I believe they are in the process of adding more. The first section from the parking lot to a look out is groomed. The rest is natural. It's worth checking out.
PXL_20220630_160912727[1].jpg

PXL_20220630_151557474[1].jpg

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Checked my phone again and I was wise enough to snap a pic of the trail map. Turns out it was Shaw Wilderness Park which is east of Williams Lake. Queens Quarry is a little further down Purcell's Cove Rd but not much. Shaw Wilderness Park is easy to miss. I just happened to spot the parking lot when we were touring around Purcell Cove. We decided to stop on the way back and have a short 1 hour hike. I think we managed to get only half way in before turning back. We met some other hikers and they told us that it backs onto a quarry (probably to the south to Queens Quarry), hence the occasional large granite boulder. The land had been privately owned but was recently donated for park land. There are trail markers in the park to follow and I believe they are in the process of adding more. The first section from the parking lot to a look out is groomed. The rest is natural. It's worth checking out.
View attachment 59972
View attachment 59973
We've hiked around Long Lake, which is in the same area. Will definitely check this one out, as well.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
speaking of outdoors, who's got a pic of the Chinese ballon spying on us over Montana ? :eek:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Looking out my front door last night.
Snowy EveningA.jpg

It continued to snow for a few hours after this. Spent two hours shoveling this morning (including my older neighbours' driveway across the street) before heading to work. Street still not plowed, so it's a good thing I have 4WD.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Looking out my front door last night.
View attachment 60658

It continued to snow for a few hours after this. Spent two hours shoveling this morning (including my older neighbours' driveway across the street) before heading to work. Street still not plowed, so it's a good thing I have 4WD.
We had freezing rain last week but followed by warmer temperatures. Supposed to get dumped on again this afternoon with another 10cm. The groundhog was right.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
We had freezing rain last week but followed by warmer temperatures. Supposed to get dumped on again this afternoon with another 10cm. The groundhog was right.
Buckle up 'cause Cali is getting hit again starting tomorrow... ;) I haven't heard the armageddon rating of this storm but we are looking at 4 days of potential rainfall and we are still cold in Wine Country.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Buckle up 'cause Cali is getting hit again starting tomorrow... ;) I haven't heard the armageddon rating of this storm but we are looking at 4 days of potential rainfall and we are still cold in Wine Country.
For a moment I read that as the Hindu goddess Kali was paying you a visit. :D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
What is it with California?! If it isn't being incinerated by space lasers, it's being washed in to the Pacific.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis