Monoprice Audition Series Speakers - How Low Can You Go?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
In the last few years, internet superstore Monoprice has been taking the audio world by storm with their Monolith lineup of speakers. Now Monoprice has added a budget friendly Audition series to their resume. The Audition line will feature two sizes of tower speakers, the T4 ($200 each) and T5 ($250 each) as well as two bookshelf speakers, the B4 ($100 each) and B5 ($125 each). Rounding out the new Audition speakers is a pair of center channels, the C4 ($130) and C5 ($160).

With tech borrowed from their high value Encore series speakers, it's hard to imagine Monoprice could come up with an even higher value series with Audition. Just how low can they go in price and still give you respectable performance? This is something we ask ourselves every time Monoprice introduces a new budget-friendly product and they keep hitting the mark often redefining our expectations.

audition.jpg

Read:
Monoprice Audition Series Loudspeakers - Build a 5.1 System for Under $1K!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Monoprice is just killing it. After owning the Encore T6 towers for awhile these are the best for the money even some that are higher priced

They just destroy the polk and klipsch and other lower priced offerings and those companies midrange stuff as well the T6's blow them out of the water

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
I'm still waiting for the 'T8' Towers. If they ever come out with those.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Glad to see some nice low cost alternatives but like to see some measurements.....

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Glad to see some nice low cost alternatives but like to see some measurements.....
If they measure anything like the larger encore T6 they will measure well very well for the price Monoprice has a pretty good track record on measurements as well

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
No T8 coming. Not that I know of anyway. But you're right, that would be great.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for the kind words @Danzilla31

A T8? Hmmmmm...something to think about!
Hey thanks for dropping in to chat with us and I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I gotta send you a PM I got a question or 2 on some products you have that I'm looking to buy!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis