Problems With Liberal Democracy

jinjuku

jinjuku

Things have improved since 1777 and that is an astute observation from you.

However, your answer to GO-NAD! post is quite vacuous and does not address what he wrote.

Below is the link he gave in his post and is also relevant to some of your other posts.

well if you wanna look at it this way you can create any sort of expansion on voting and then as soon as you wanna roll some of that expansion back you can call it repression

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
well if you wanna look at it this way you can create any sort of expansion on voting and then as soon as you wanna roll some of that expansion back you can call it repression
Expansion in the sense people should not have a voter ID. Agree with you there on everyone should have an ID. Repression in the sense Republicans might use greater voter restrictions on ballot boxes on the basis more Democrats used them during covid in 2020. Basically using the term voter confidence to restrict democratic voter turnout.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
That is a straw man argument.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Equitable in the market sense. The best dishwasher might make $17 vs the average who make $15.

Equal opportunity but not equal outcome beyond minimum wage.

Merit based is the only one that works.
I think a lot of applications should omit any mention of race- that way, all the person/machine checking the info can see is objective.

highfigh

highfigh

Oh they will be with the economy at stake. Plus I imagine that's why many stayed silent during the '20 election. I'm sure McConnell wasn't in a hurry to end the 60 or so court cases petitioning the results.
It's not just the economy- crime/ending bail, education, the border and homelessness are on the ticket, too.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I think a lot of applications should omit any mention of race- that way, all the person/machine checking the info can see is objective.
In theory it sounds good but there's still the interview and whether or not there should be laws based on hiring race. Or if we would really hire based on objectivity.

highfigh

highfigh

In theory it sounds good but there's still the interview and whether or not there should be laws based on hiring race. Or if we would really hire based on objectivity.
That's true, but many companies have Human Resource Departments and others use outside agencies to do the interviews, so the company can do business/not deal with it because they may not know how to do it well, want better results, etc. It's often pretty easy to see when someone is excluded because of their race- the interview may end very quickly and that's if the interviewer is more subtle.

What is your view of Affirmative Action when the quota hire(s) are less qualified than the ones who were on track for the positions, but aren't part of the quota?

I see that SCOTUS is going to look into AA- let's see how that goes.

highfigh

highfigh

No ID's are required, and the electoral commission verifies that each registered voter votes only once.
How could they do this if voters don't vote in person? Somehow, dead people vote in most US elections and when voter registration cards are filled out, it's not uncommon for one person to fill out AND sign the oath on the back, for multiple people.

How many in your country have absolutely no clue, inherent or intentional, about anything pertaining to government, politics or anything else that might be affected by an election? The US probably has more who fit this description than your whole population of 25 million .

highfigh

highfigh

One of the primary mechanisms against voter fraud, is compulsory voting.
If every voter is required to vote - there is no scope for additional fraudulent votes.
Any fraudulent vote sticks out immediately - as it doubles up with a legitimate vote, which is then investigated.

You can only have fraudulent votes in a system based on many voters, not voting at all - once that is the system, there is the opportunity to "activate" the latent votes fraudulently.

Compulsory universal voting, is democratically superior, on principle, and eliminates 99% of fraud opportunities, making mechanisms such as ID, redundant.

Where the voting is NOT compulsory and universal - then mechanisms such as ID become necessary... along with their entire, expensive, and painful, bureaucracy.

I always find it remarkable that the very same people who are proponents of small government, elimination of regulation, etc... are frequently the leaders in the charge for voter ID - ie: more regulation and bureaucratic red tape!!!

You want to simplify and make the system more reliable - make it compulsory and universal - less scope for gaming the system, greater ability to identify any attempt to game the system, and reduced bureaucracy/regulation. win-win-win.
Does your government require people to have an official ID of any kind?

highfigh

highfigh

As an example, I am not a fan of private primary or secondary education. If every parent - from richest to poorest - had to send their kids to public schools, they would all have an interest in ensuring that it is well-funded. And, the enforced mixing of all economic and social classes of kids might - hopefully - instill some empathy in the silver spoon crowd.

And, taxation policies most definitely favour the wealthy (this applies in Canada too). Tax deductible benefits that are only accessible by the more affluent, lower rates for capital gains, corporate welfare, etc.

Ever since humanity transitioned from hunter/gathers to hierarchical societies, the default condition has been steadily increasing concentration of wealth (and power) in the hands of the few. The only mitigation has been intermittent major catastrophes such as plagues, major wars, famines, etc. As these events subside, concentration of wealth picks up steam again.

If we actually put Enlightenment principles into practice, instead of pretending to, it wouldn't take catastrophic events to make societies less unequal.
Why are you calling private vs public schools 'primary & secondary education'?

Look at the US public education system- you wouldn't want your kids going there in far too many cities and if you want to see why, look into the policies and indoctrination that has been occurring for a long time.

I look forward to the vile comments. :)

Define' 'the silver spoon crowd'- you can't say it's only Republicans because the wealthiest people on the planet aren't Conservative. BTW- I wonder what Michele Obama thinks of her brother's kids having gone to a private school and living in a suburb.

highfigh

highfigh

Can you get on an airplane, rent a car, buy a gun without ID?
Or, cash a check, buy liquor, buy a car, finance anything, get a credit card, open a bank account, buy cigarettes- where should we stop?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
That's true, but many companies have Human Resource Departments and others use outside agencies to do the interviews, so the company can do business/not deal with it because they may not know how to do it well, want better results, etc. It's often pretty easy to see when someone is excluded because of their race- the interview may end very quickly and that's if the interviewer is more subtle.

What is your view of Affirmative Action when the quota hire(s) are less qualified than the ones who were on track for the positions, but aren't part of the quota?

I see that SCOTUS is going to look into AA- let's see how that goes.
Not a fan of AA.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
It's not just the economy- crime/ending bail, education, the border and homelessness are on the ticket, too.
Didn't say it wasn't. I said if it's close the Republicans will take whatever measures necessary based on the economy. Hopefully it isn't close.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Didn't say it wasn't. I said if it's close the Republicans will take whatever measures necessary based on the economy. Hopefully it isn't close.
It's why there's so many voter denial Republicans. If they lose they'll challenge the results regardless of its accuracy.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
It's why there's so many voter denial Republicans. If they lose they'll challenge the results regardless of its accuracy.
It's where the civil war stuff comes in. If Republicans lose the Senate than it's possible. So they better win, if nothing more than to avoid one. That's where all the drop box gobbledegook comes into play for them. Sure, there could be an issue there, but that's what they're not aiming for.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
It's where the civil war stuff comes in. If Republicans lose the Senate than it's possible. So they better win, if nothing more than to avoid one. That's where all the drop box gobbledegook comes into play for them. Sure, there could be an issue there, but that's what they're not aiming for.
That's why the whole mess is really sad IMO. The Trump Effect lost them the prez and house and senate so now it's basically steal it back. Trump, after losing, never gave a poop about the party and his appearance in the tightly contested GA race. He was just there for the rally and showering of love. Guy's such a prick.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Or, cash a check, buy liquor, buy a car, finance anything, get a credit card, open a bank account, buy cigarettes- where should we stop?
Just went into Arthoscopic surgery on Friday and pre-checkin had to provide an ID. This is where people poo poo the ID to vote will kind of start muting.

Until somebody can convince me otherwise ID's are ubiquitous, easy to obtain, and an established method to combat common fraud.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
So now Fetterman says he 'celebrates the demise of Roe v Wade' ! two days to go , is he trying to hand the Wizard of Oz the election ? !!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis