Is that felony perjury, Mr. Trump?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

Well… that’s a not-so-good look for the former narcissist-in-chief.

(and a direct link to the Reuters article: )

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The hits just keep on coming....hope to see this fraud in a matching orange jumpsuit soon.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai

Well… that’s a not-so-good look for the former narcissist-in-chief.

(and a direct link to the Reuters article: )
From the article:

>>>Carter has previously ruled that Eastman and Trump had likely committed a felony by trying to pressure his then-vice president to obstruct Congress.

The ruling was made in a lawsuit filed by Eastman to block disclosure of the emails to the Jan. 6 select committee, following a congressional subpoena.<<<

So how's that lawsuit thingy going for you Mr Eastman?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
From the article:

>>>Carter has previously ruled that Eastman and Trump had likely committed a felony by trying to pressure his then-vice president to obstruct Congress.

The ruling was made in a lawsuit filed by Eastman to block disclosure of the emails to the Jan. 6 select committee, following a congressional subpoena.<<<

So how's that lawsuit thingy going for you Mr Eastman?
Can you imagine trying to be one of Trump's lawyers? Just imagine the nonsense you'd be asked to do or argue.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Can you imagine trying to be one of Trump's lawyers? Just imagine the nonsense you'd be asked to do or argue.
As well as getting stiffed (except the dude getting $3 millions in advance), face disbarment and some years behind bars. Then there’s the part of loosing one’s soul, like the ghoul “America’s Mayor”.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
As well as getting stiffed (except the dude getting $3 millions in advance), face disbarment and some years behind bars. Then there’s the part of loosing one’s soul, like the ghoul “America’s Mayor”.
Yep. I just don't see how anyone can think "this time it'll be different. I'll get paid and will look like a hero."

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Yep. I just don't see how anyone can think "this time it'll be different. I'll get paid and will look like a hero."
It is a bit strange. Apparently, the thrill of being involved in a big case is just too tantalizing for lawyers who would not normally have a chance of representing a big name client.

I saw an interview a few weeks ago with Michael Cohen (the former lawyer who was convicted and disbarred as a result of various activities involving his representation of Trump). He predicted that Trump would eventually throw everyone from his present legal team under the bus. When asked why lawyers continue to represent Trump, Cohen's response was something to the effect that "Because they're idiots!" (I don't remember his exact words, but that was the gist of it).

Cohen obviously has some credibility issues, but he may have been correct about this.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
It is a bit strange. Apparently, the thrill of being involved in a big case is just too tantalizing for lawyers who would not normally have a chance of representing a big name client.

I saw an interview a few weeks ago with Michael Cohen (the former lawyer who was convicted and disbarred as a result of various activities involving his representation of Trump). He predicted that Trump would eventually throw everyone from his present legal team under the bus. When asked why lawyers continue to represent Trump, Cohen's response was something to the effect that "Because they're idiots!" (I don't remember his exact words, but that was the gist of it).

Cohen obviously has some credibility issues, but he may have been correct about this.
For lawyers, it's an ego/greed/career thing. If that lawyer(s) can get Trump off of whatever he's accused of, that lawyers hourly rate just went up big time.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord

I think I read that same Michael Cohen interview. He's making the rounds pitching a new book. He offered some interesting insights based on his own past experience with the Orange Peril. He made it clear that these were only his own guesses – that he had no info to suggest that his opinions were anything other than educated guesses. But his past advice to 'follow the money' has provided useful pathways to investigate Trump's crooked dealings.
  • Trump stole those all highly classified documents as future bargaining chips against prosecution for crimes he committed while president. He would threaten to release them publicly or reveal them to Russia or China unless federal prosecutors back off. It's nothing less than blackmail. Cohen described how Trump often collected dirt on prosecutors, judges, rivals, or troublesome politicians in the past, in case he needed extortion ammunition to protect himself.

• Trump would not run for president in 2024. Pretending that he would run allows fundraising that is too lucrative to quit. His own mounting legal expenses will need that cash flow. And, as the 2024 election gets nearer, there would be too many other Republicans competing for money from the same few well heeled contributors. But that doesn't stop Trump from raising "campaign" money now.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis