problems with Republicans

Status
Not open for further replies.
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It's not about the states, it's the cities that are run by Democrats where the shyte's hitting the fan. I can't think of a single Democrat Mayor who has done anything substantial about the crime. Lori Lightfoot? GMAB!
State governments have no responsibility for law and order? Interesting...
If it's so meaningless, why do protesters use it as if it's one of the only phrases they know? Look at the cities that have reduced police presence and activity- they're now asking for more police. ALL of them.
It's meaningless, because - just like the term "woke" - it's been bandied about by different factions in different contexts to the point where you would have to ask each person who utters the phrase what they mean by it, rendering it...well...meaningless.

Those cities which reduced police presence and activity - did they do anything else to compensate? If not, what else could they expect?

Republicans blame Democrats for crime — but new data shows higher murder rates in red states | Salon.com

>>>Republicans and the media have also focused on Democratic-led cities in coastal states, but many Republican-led cities have posted much higher murder rates. Despite intensive media coverage of increasing crime in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco district, the murder rate in that city was only half that of House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy's district in Bakersfield, a Southern California city with a Republican mayor that overwhelmingly voted Trump. Jacksonville, Florida, another Republican-led city, had 120 more murders than San Francisco did in 2020 (with only a slightly larger population) but received a tiny fraction of the national news coverage. <<<

>>>A 2021 analysis previously found that the murder rate increase in Republican-led cities was virtually identical to that in Democratic-led cities. Despite Republican claims, no city in the nation has "defunded" the police and hardly any have cut police budgets. <<<

Oh, and you forgot to answer my question about open borders.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

It's meaningless, because - just like the term "woke" - it's been bandied about by different factions in different contexts to the point where you would have to ask each person who utters the phrase what they mean by it, rendering it...well...meaningless.

Those cities which reduced police presence and activity - did they do anything else to compensate? If not, what else could they expect?

Republicans blame Democrats for crime — but new data shows higher murder rates in red states | Salon.com

>>>Republicans and the media have also focused on Democratic-led cities in coastal states, but many Republican-led cities have posted much higher murder rates. Despite intensive media coverage of increasing crime in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco district, the murder rate in that city was only half that of House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy's district in Bakersfield, a Southern California city with a Republican mayor that overwhelmingly voted Trump. Jacksonville, Florida, another Republican-led city, had 120 more murders than San Francisco did in 2020 (with only a slightly larger population) but received a tiny fraction of the national news coverage. <<<

>>>A 2021 analysis previously found that the murder rate increase in Republican-led cities was virtually identical to that in Democratic-led cities. Despite Republican claims, no city in the nation has "defunded" the police and hardly any have cut police budgets. <<<

Regardless of what party the mayor is of these cities and the major cities are Democratically run, too many of them are in the eyes of law enforcement run by 'catch & release' DA's. The closest major city to me(Phila) is but one example. Our chief of Police said at a recent conference of the Nations Big City Police Chiefs that she is sick in tired of having criminals being brought in one day and back on the streets the next.

Philly is out of control, the Mayor has all but given up. This crap would never have happened under Frank Rizzo's watch ! ;)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Regardless of what party the mayor is of these cities and the major cities are Democratically run, too many of them are in the eyes of law enforcement run by 'catch & release' DA's. The closest major city to me(Phila) is but one example. Our chief of Police said at a recent conference of the Nations Big City Police Chiefs that she is sick in tired of having criminals being brought in one day and back on the streets the next.

Philly is out of control, the Mayor has all but given up. This crap would never have happened under Frank Rizzo's watch ! ;)
"Catch & release" notwithstanding, the US has more people in prison - in absolute numbers and per capita - than any other nation on earth. Maybe it's time for a different approach?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
"Catch & release" notwithstanding, the US has more people in prison - in absolute numbers and per capita - than any other nation on earth. Maybe it's time for a different approach?
I'll go along with that, dump them 20 miles out to sea, those that can swim back to shore might have some worth ! ;)

On serious note I get your point but regardless of those in prison at no such time should the public or the victims of the crimes for which they are incarcerated have to suffer any more than they already have. I support capital punishment for certain crimes, hell, bring back public hangings, I'll sell the popcorn ! :cool:

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I'll go along with that, dump them 20 miles out to sea, those that can swim back to shore might have some worth ! ;)

On serious note I get your point but regardless of those in prison at no such time should the public or the victims of the crimes for which they are incarcerated have to suffer any more than they already have. I support capital punishment for certain crimes, hell, bring back public hangings, I'll sell the popcorn ! :cool:
On the same note we can dump you "20 miles out to sea, those that can swim back to shore might have some worth !"

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Now this is the mikado we know and love! Don't you just call 'em lynchings?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Now this is the mikado we know and love! Don't you just call 'em lynchings?
He really is a piece of work, isn't he? Next he'll berate me as a foreigner for not understanding the pleasure of watching people die.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
True! Technically, if I where an US citizen I guess I could, but that is a bit too sophisticated an argument for him. ;)
He really is a piece of work, isn't he? Next he'll berate me as a foreigner for not understanding the pleasure of watching people die.
never my favorite troll ! here's but one example of someone I'd love to have move in next to you ........

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Jeez is national conservative radio a wasteland. It's 'the war on God, God's rule, the law of God. He's an atheist who is anti-Trump.' Never been a fan of fear God and whatnot. All of it designed to victimized and more religious controls. These people push a lot of Trump propaganda. At least Fox doesn't go there on Trump. Every once in a while I tune in but such a waste.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Brings up the question of Can they articulate anything? Do they even know how to sell conservatism?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

State law enforcement doesn't do much in cities unless asked, they're chasing someone for what they did on a state highway or it's an agency similar to Wisconsin's Department of Criminal Investigation- they aren't involved in day to day law enforcement. They aren't involved in much of the planning and implementation of the local PDs- you're making it sound like the Republican-led state governments are hands-on with the PDs in the cities when they really aren't.

Second, you posted about Republican-led states, now you're posting about cities. Let's keep them separate.

Do you really expect Salon to be unbiased?

The murder rates show one thing, I'm referring to the gross numbers- the highest rate increases have been in rural, Republican-led states where the actually numbers are usually low, partly because of lower population density. In rural states, people often do whatever they want because they know the police aren't generally close, although the stench from making Meth and other drugs is hard to ignore. Murders were at a low point in 2019, now it's an epidemic and the murder rate is OK, but it hardly shows the problem.

I'll use WI as an example- the link shows 175 murders in 2019 for the state, but MKE accounted for almost 100 of them. Last year, MKE had almost 200 and the city is on track to beat that in 2022 (the link shows 191 so far in 2022) The rest of the state has seen increasing crime rates, but the actual numbers are very small. The link shows this, but not all of the info is accurate- aside from MKE, ALL of the murder totals are in single digits or low double digits.

I would recommend using data from official agencies, rather than grabbing something that you want to use to reinforce your point.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Jeez is national conservative radio a wasteland. It's 'the war on God, God's rule, the law of God. He's an atheist who is anti-Trump.' Never been a fan of fear God and whatnot. All of it designed to victimized and more religious controls. These people push a lot of Trump propaganda. At least Fox doesn't go there on Trump. Every once in a while I tune in but such a waste.
I have posted several times about asking a friend if he listened to Rush Limbaugh- he said "Only when I'm on a long road trip- it's hard to fall asleep with my eyes bouncing off of the windshield". For me, it wasn't even about what he said (which I ignored)- it was the sound of his voice that I hated. It's the same for the other Fox, Blaze, etc- if someone wants to torture me, strap me into a chair, tape my eyes open and show videos of Carlson, Gutfield, Glenn Beck and the others- Jesse Watters is particularly irritating, but he doesn't have much of an edge on the other three. I think I would be able to find a way to swallow my own head, so I didn't have to listen or see that crap anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis