problems with Republicans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
If it was just verbal gaffes coming from the GOP, we probably wouldn't even have this thread.
Gonad, you totally missed the point, but like a lot of other libs I'm not surprised !

Are you old enough to remember the 'gaffe' made by then VP Dan Quayle regarding his spelling of the word 'potato' ?

Main stream news and Dems had a field day with that one ! Where are they now with Kamaltoe's recent gaffe ?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Gonad, you totally missed the point, but like a lot of other libs I'm not surprised !

Are you old enough to remember the 'gaffe' made by then VP Dan Quayle regarding his spelling of the word 'potato' ?

Main stream news and Dems had a field day with that one ! Where are they now with Kamaltoe's recent gaffe ?
I think you missed my point, which is that such gaffes from either party are of little consequence - especially when compared with the shady - and deliberate - shenanigans of the GOP.

And yes, I'm certainly old enough to remember Dan Quayle. He had a reputation for being a bit dim - even amongst Republicans.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I think you missed my point, which is that such gaffes from either party are of little consequence - especially when compared with the shady - and deliberate - shenanigans of the GOP.
yep, both parties have had plenty of 'gaffes', the 'Wanderer' being some of the more recent .........

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
>>>A majority of Republican nominees on the ballot this November for the House, Senate and key statewide offices — 299 in all — have denied or questioned the outcome of the last presidential election, according to a Washington Post analysis.

Candidates who have challenged or refused to accept Joe Biden’s victory are running in every region of the country and in nearly every state. Republican voters in four states nominated election deniers in all federal and statewide races The Post examined. ...<<<

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
>>>A majority of Republican nominees on the ballot this November for the House, Senate and key statewide offices — 299 in all — have denied or questioned the outcome of the last presidential election, according to a Washington Post analysis.

Candidates who have challenged or refused to accept Joe Biden’s victory are running in every region of the country and in nearly every state. Republican voters in four states nominated election deniers in all federal and statewide races The Post examined. ...<<<

In the last 8 US presidential elections, a 30-year span since 1992, Democrats won 5 and GOP won 3. In two of those GOP wins, Bush in 2000 and Trump in 2016, the winner won the Electoral College vote while losing the national popular vote. Only once in the last 30 years, in 2004, has the GOP won the national popular vote.

In 2020, Trump’s failed re-election bid resulted from a 66.7% voter turnout, the largest in modern times. The previous high voter turnout, 62.8% was in 1960 (Kennedy narrowly defeated Nixon). Compare those to the 55.7% voter turnout in 2016.

In 2020, voting in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin reversed narrow GOP wins in 2016. In Georgia and Arizona, once dependable GOP strongholds, voters went Democratic. Since then, the GOP has claimed – without any evidence – that massive voter fraud caused their loss. On 6 January 2021, an attempted coup failed to keep Trump in office. Since then, GOP state legislators have introduced many bills (as many as 440 in 49 states), aimed at restricting voter turnout.

Republicans are well aware of this 30-year record of losing nationwide popular votes. This is why they’ve opposed any reform or elimination of the Electoral College. And it’s why they’re so determined to restrict the turnout of voters in future elections. They admit they can’t win power in the national government with fair elections.

This trend has gone so far that for the 2022 elections the GOP has made it standard party-line dogma that any election they loose must be fraudulent. The reality is quite different. The GOP knows it can't win without gerrymandering or interfering with legal elections – resulting in their stealing or attempting to steal elections.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

And yes, I'm certainly old enough to remember Dan Quayle. He had a reputation for being a bit dim - even amongst Republicans.
C'mon! Saying North Korea when she SHOULD know that we DO NOT have an alliance with them? Biden asking where a recently-passed member of Congress was? Those were in a class of their own- Quayle is just well, lots of words describe him- pick as many as you have time for. I think calling him 'dim' is being very charitable.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I hear Walker is up for the Liesman trophy and drumphy is pissed that he has competition.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
C'mon! Saying North Korea when she SHOULD know that we DO NOT have an alliance with them? Biden asking where a recently-passed member of Congress was? Those were in a class of their own- Quayle is just well, lots of words describe him- pick as many as you have time for. I think calling him 'dim' is being very charitable.
I'm quite confident that she knows that the US doesn't have an alliance with the PRK. Who knows why she misspoke? Maybe she had just come from a meeting where they had been discussing North Korea and the country's name was stuck in her head. Both sides like to play up the other's malapropisms and assorted verbal gaffes. But, when they are of little consequence, let's not pretend otherwise.

Yes, Biden is elderly and not always sharp. But, we should ALL be very grateful that he is in the Whitehouse right now and not TFG. At least he was smart enough to surround himself with at least somewhat competent advisors and cabinet members, instead of a revolving door of sycophants, cronies, grifters and outright dingbats.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm quite confident that she knows that the US doesn't have an alliance with the PRK. Who knows why she misspoke? Maybe she had just come from a meeting where they had been discussing North Korea and the country's name was stuck in her head. Both sides like to play up the other's malapropisms and assorted verbal gaffes. But, when they are of little consequence, let's not pretend otherwise.

Yes, Biden is elderly and not always sharp. But, we should ALL be very grateful that he is in the Whitehouse right now and not TFG. At least he has smart enough to surround himself with at least somewhat competent advisors and cabinet members, instead of a revolving door of sycophants, cronies, grifters and outright dingbats.
I don't buy her mis-speaking about NK because it was "stuck in her head". She's the freaking VP- people at that level are supposed to be somewhat near the top of their game! The US has NEVER had an alliance with NK and with KJU's recent actions, she should have been well aware of this.

I have seven years on her and there's no way in hell I would ever be so confused, so nobody needs to use her age as an excuse.

That was far from being so benign as a 'brain phart'- if she had caught herself (preferably without that stupid laughing) and made a quick correction, it might have been OK, but she added "It is an alliance that is strong and enduring".

DOH!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I don't buy her mis-speaking about NK because it was "stuck in her head". She's the freaking VP- people at that level are supposed to be somewhat near the top of their game! The US has NEVER had an alliance with NK and with KJU's recent actions, she should have been well aware of this.

I have seven years on her and there's no way in hell I would ever be so confused, so nobody needs to use her age as an excuse.

That was far from being so benign as a 'brain phart'- if she had caught herself (preferably without that stupid laughing) and made a quick correction, it might have been OK, but she added "It is an alliance that is strong and enduring".

DOH!
If you think for one effing second that she doesn't know which of the Koreas is a US ally, your partisan slip is showing. Just let it go. It isn't the big deal you seem to think it is.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
If you think for one effing second that she doesn't know which of the Koreas is a US ally, your partisan slip is showing. Just let it go. It isn't the big deal you seem to think it is.
You're right but again my bringing this to light was to show how the mainstream bias news covers things, you know like Sleepy Joe 'seeing dead people' ! :eek:

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You're right but again my bringing this to light was to show how the mainstream bias news covers things, you know like Sleepy Joe 'seeing dead people' ! :eek:
For an alleged anti-Trumper you for sure have a large blind spot for what Republicans are doing or saying, and your only goal is to "own the libs" no matter what.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Fox "News" is also mainstream: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/mainstream-media

That won't fit into his narrative, though.

It's akin to politicians, especially Republicans, that are Ivy League graduates claiming that they're not part of the elite while taking advantage of all the benefits, and then some.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
In the last 8 US presidential elections, a 30-year span since 1992, Democrats won 5 and GOP won 3. In two of those GOP wins, Bush in 2000 and Trump in 2016, the winner won the Electoral College vote while losing the national popular vote. Only once in the last 30 years, in 2004, has the GOP won the national popular vote.

In 2020, Trump’s failed re-election bid resulted from a 66.7% voter turnout, the largest in modern times. The previous high voter turnout, 62.8% was in 1960 (Kennedy narrowly defeated Nixon). Compare those to the 55.7% voter turnout in 2016.

In 2020, voting in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin reversed narrow GOP wins in 2016. In Georgia and Arizona, once dependable GOP strongholds, voters went Democratic. Since then, the GOP has claimed – without any evidence – that massive voter fraud caused their loss. On 6 January 2021, an attempted coup failed to keep Trump in office. Since then, GOP state legislators have introduced many bills (as many as 440 in 49 states), aimed at restricting voter turnout.

Republicans are well aware of this 30-year record of losing nationwide popular votes. This is why they’ve opposed any reform or elimination of the Electoral College. And it’s why they’re so determined to restrict the turnout of voters in future elections. They admit they can’t win power in the national government with fair elections.

This trend has gone so far that for the 2022 elections the GOP has made it standard party-line dogma that any election they loose must be fraudulent. The reality is quite different. The GOP knows it can't win without gerrymandering or interfering with legal elections – resulting in their stealing or attempting to steal elections.
I've heard the defense was to make the election "fair" and give other states a voice in the election. But I don't think that really holds true. CA, NY, and TX hold the most electorates because they have the largest populations. If it were fair than we'd just give each state the same amount of electorates regardless of population. I'm not really seeing a difference but am open to other thoughts.

The Founding Fathers established the Electoral College in the Constitution, in part, as a compromise between the election of the President by a vote in Congress and election of the President by a popular vote of qualified citizens. However, the term “electoral college” does not appear in the Constitution. Article II of the Constitution and the 12th Amendment refer to “electors,” but not to the “electoral college.”

Since the Electoral College process is part of the original design of the U.S. Constitution it would be necessary to pass a Constitutional amendment to change this system.

The ratification of the 12th Amendment, the expansion of voting rights, and the States’ use of the popular vote to determine who will be appointed as electors have each substantially changed the process.

Many different proposals to alter the Presidential election process have been offered over the years, such as direct nation-wide election by the eligible voters, but none has been passed by Congress and sent to the States for ratification as a Constitutional amendment. Under the most common method for amending the Constitution, an amendment must be proposed by a two-thirds majority in both houses of Congress and ratified by three-fourths of the States.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I've heard the defense was to make the election "fair" and give other states a voice in the election. But I don't think that really holds true. CA, NY, and TX hold the most electorates because they have the largest populations. If it were fair than we'd just give each state the same amount of electorates regardless of population. I'm not really seeing a difference but am open to other thoughts.

The Founding Fathers established the Electoral College in the Constitution, in part, as a compromise between the election of the President by a vote in Congress and election of the President by a popular vote of qualified citizens. However, the term “electoral college” does not appear in the Constitution. Article II of the Constitution and the 12th Amendment refer to “electors,” but not to the “electoral college.”

Since the Electoral College process is part of the original design of the U.S. Constitution it would be necessary to pass a Constitutional amendment to change this system.

The ratification of the 12th Amendment, the expansion of voting rights, and the States’ use of the popular vote to determine who will be appointed as electors have each substantially changed the process.

Many different proposals to alter the Presidential election process have been offered over the years, such as direct nation-wide election by the eligible voters, but none has been passed by Congress and sent to the States for ratification as a Constitutional amendment. Under the most common method for amending the Constitution, an amendment must be proposed by a two-thirds majority in both houses of Congress and ratified by three-fourths of the States.
You obviously don’t subscribe to one-person-one-vote. Do you even believe that USA should be a democracy?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
You obviously don’t subscribe to one-person-one-vote. Do you even believe that USA should be a democracy?
Never said that. It was me remember who said mail ballot boxes were being removed in GA under the term "voter confidence." I was referring to an ex-boss, a Republican, who said the electorate was installed to make things fair where you have to win other states. But I don't think that hold true because the amount of electorates is based on population.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Never said that. It was me remember who said mail ballot boxes were being removed in GA under the term "voter confidence." I was referring to an ex-boss, a Republican, who said the electorate was installed to make things fair where you have to win other states. But I don't think that hold true because the amount of electorates is based on population.
In your post I quoted you wrote as I quoted again below, so what do you mean?

>>>CA, NY, and TX hold the most electorates because they have the largest populations. If it were fair than we'd just give each state the same amount of electorates [bold added]<<<

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
In your post I quoted you wrote as I quoted again below, so what do you mean?

>>>CA, NY, and TX hold the most electorates because they have the largest populations. If it were fair than we'd just give each state the same amount of electorates [bold added]<<<
Reverse thinking. Not sure LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis