problems with Republicans

Status
Not open for further replies.
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
OK, here are some questions for the cheap seats-

How many members in the Republican Party?
How many are associated with MAGA?
How many mainstream Republicans are interested in being polluted by the MAGA members?
How many Republicans are close to the center and don't want anything to do with the extremes?

Make a Venn diagram if you have to- maybe then, you'll see that not all Republicans are the same.

You use "they" as if you know how they all think.
I won't claim that all Republicans are members of the MAGA cult, but far too many are. And, it's certainly not a "big tent" party, like the Democrats. But, if you're a conservative who is interested in principled never-Trump journalism, this website is for you: The Bulwark

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Name me the last Republican politician that has openly spoke out against Trump? Name me the last media person who has? Give me examples of where you have?
You write "they" about voters and now, you want examples of Republican politicians- make up your mind. Or, were you referring to politicians all along, but didn't specify?

Screw the media- they're one of the main reasons we're in this poop. Politicians are in office to stay in office- gutless suckups is probably the best thing I can call them.

If you want to talk about the voters, get some info that backs up your argument- I know lots of people on both sides of the aisle and aside from "I'm not voting for that Democrat candidate", I can't think of many who would embrace Trump, literally or figuratively.

highfigh

highfigh

I won't claim that all Republicans are members of the MAGA cult, but far too many are. And, it's certainly not a "big tent" party, like the Democrats. But, if you're a conservative who is interested in principled never-Trump journalism, this website is for you: The Bulwark
Even claiming "far too many are" isn't really valid because there's no number attached to it. You know the media will find the biggest noisemakers and flog them until we're sick of it, but they won't deal with the average person because, well, ratings.

I was at a grocery store and saw someone who had painted a house where I did some AV and network installation- he invited me to a gathering at his house with some "like-minded people". Uh, no. Not going to that because I would have pissed them off. I'm sure they passed out hats & horns, but I don't need that.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Even claiming "far too many are" isn't really valid because there's no number attached to it. You know the media will find the biggest noisemakers and flog them until we're sick of it, but they won't deal with the average person because, well, ratings.
How about just counting Republican election deniers on the ballots for the 2022 midterms? That is 60%!

And how did they come on the ballots? Because Republican voters said so in the primaries.

highfigh

highfigh

How about just counting Republican election deniers on the ballots for the 2022 midterms? That is 60%!

And how did they come on the ballots? Because Republican voters said so in the primaries.

60%- really? If it was that high out here in the wild, I think Republican voters would be going berserk- if the 60% is true, I would bet that many people cast 'hate votes'- they didn't want the one on the ballot but they definitely didn't want 'the ones non the other side'.

Bottom line, Republicans didn't want anything to do with Biden or any of the other Dem candidates and I'm not so insulated from people that I don't notice what they say but I really hope it's not that bad.

Given crappy choices, the voters have few options and just saying "just vote for someone else" doesn't work because the people who might be good candidates don't want the jobs. I would have thought that in a country with more than 335 million people, we could find a few Presidential candidates who don't suck.

If someone like AOC is elected to the White House, I don't think I'll be able to stay in this country and I don't take that lightly.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
60%- really? If it was that high out here in the wild, I think Republican voters would be going berserk- if the 60% is true, I would bet that many people cast 'hate votes'- they didn't want the one on the ballot but they definitely didn't want 'the ones non the other side'.

Bottom line, Republicans didn't want anything to do with Biden or any of the other Dem candidates and I'm not so insulated from people that I don't notice what they say but I really hope it's not that bad.

Given crappy choices, the voters have few options and just saying "just vote for someone else" doesn't work because the people who might be good candidates don't want the jobs. I would have thought that in a country with more than 335 million people, we could find a few Presidential candidates who don't suck.

If someone like AOC is elected to the White House, I don't think I'll be able to stay in this country and I don't take that lightly.
So what? You asked and I gave an answer from a very reputable site. The Republican voters have chosen their candidates in their primaries for these mid term elections. It is what it is, really.

Edit: To clarify: The article said that 60% of Americans voters (Democrat/Republican/independent/whatnot) have election deniers on the ballots.

Last edited:
John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai

Republican election deniers on the ballot? Horrifying stuff - it's not like democrats ever did anything like that! Oh yeah...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

That 60% figure would reflect the results of primaries, so it isn't a case of not wanting the ones on the other side. It's a case of selecting a MAGA candidate over a sane/honest one.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Republican election deniers on the ballot? Horrifying stuff - it's not like democrats ever did anything like that! Oh yeah...
This extreme level of election deniers on the ballots is unprecedented as well as very dangerous for US democracy. Living in Europe, this means dangerous for us as well.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I figured I'd humour you and watch the video. Yes, there were some sour grapes complaints, including allegations of Russian interference. There were legal challenges that came to nothing.

The big differences? Clinton, Gore and Abrams all conceded to their opponents in the end. Trump did not. And, the Democrats never staged any insurrections and made no illegal efforts to overturn election results.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I figured I'd humour you and watch the video. Yes, there were some sour grapes complaints, including allegations of Russian interference. There were legal challenges that came to nothing.

The big differences? Clinton, Gore and Abrams all conceded to their opponents in the end. Trump did not. And, the Democrats never staged any insurrections and made no illegal efforts to overturn election results.
Okay - I'll play. Who staged an actual insurrection? Who made actual illegal efforts to overturn election results? Please be specific.

I, in turn, will concede that Clinton and Gore gave a concession speech where Trump did not. But Clinton continues to this day to say Trump is illegitimate (most of those clips of her are fairly recent, not election night 2016) which, in essence, nullifies her speech. Gore still claims he won (again, recent[ish] clip of him). Abrams (unless this happened very recently) has never conceded.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
You write "they" about voters and now, you want examples of Republican politicians- make up your mind. Or, were you referring to politicians all along, but didn't specify?

Screw the media- they're one of the main reasons we're in this poop. Politicians are in office to stay in office- gutless suckups is probably the best thing I can call them.

If you want to talk about the voters, get some info that backs up your argument- I know lots of people on both sides of the aisle and aside from "I'm not voting for that Democrat candidate", I can't think of many who would embrace Trump, literally or figuratively.
The general vibe based on forums, YT, conservative media, and Republican politicians on tv. Then there's the general silence from Republicans, whether it be politicians, media, or voters in social media regarding January 6th. (That is unless it's Republicans in social media who are the ones speaking vocally against Trump today? Unlikely.) It got pretty quite amongst conservatives here, and you're I can't find the post, but I denounced January 6th. There's your They all behave like that, referring to all presidents behave the way Trump does. Also your recent He wants to drain the swamp. Followed by Well others have probably made more with insider trading. The point being it seems to have taken a long time for some Republicans to conclude that Trump is poop. I don't think it was January 6th alone that did it. For some, sure. Others it may have been the Commission report. Also the amount of reporting on Trump over time. His base being described as "deplorable". Even Hillary's base was never called that. The Cult of Personality, which amounted to the Cult of Hate. Because it was hate for the sake of hate. The press and public yes, but I'd never seen a president instigate hate like Trump had. I think your wording of his cadence (ie hate speak) describes that perfectly. Mikado's I can't believe people still want to vote for that loser! Or SithZedi's To see head's explode. Because why wouldn't you want to vote for Trump again! Meaning beyond policy the MAGA sentiment was there in conservative and social media in some form or another. Also Trump's level of leverage over the party is staggering. His influence is obvious with his base and Republicans delicately tip toeing that for their votes. Even DeSantis, a person who is tough and vocal, won't go there.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
That 60% figure would reflect the results of primaries, so it isn't a case of not wanting the ones on the other side. It's a case of selecting a MAGA candidate over a sane/honest one.
I think there would be an easy transition for MAGAs from Trump to DeSantis because the latter has a similar temperament. "In the primary" I think needs to be repeated to Republicans often. There should be at least 10 candidates to choose from. I also like to say, Find another Republican to believe in. In case they become defensive and think I'm asking them to vote blue. I'm really not going to hold my breath in hopes though.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Okay - I'll play. Who staged an actual insurrection? Who made actual illegal efforts to overturn election results? Please be specific.

I, in turn, will concede that Clinton and Gore gave a concession speech where Trump did not. But Clinton continues to this day to say Trump is illegitimate (most of those clips of her are fairly recent, not election night 2016) which, in essence, nullifies her speech. Gore still claims he won (again, recent[ish] clip of him). Abrams (unless this happened very recently) has never conceded.
"Who staged an actual insurrection?" If you want to claim there wasn't one, I don't know what say, other than that it wasn't Democrats who stormed the Capitol.

Illegal attempts to overturn the election results?

Trying to come up with fake electors is just another coup attempt.

You could say nobody has been convicted of crimes in the above cases, but you'd only be kidding yourself.

That was just a few seconds of Google.

But, you're correct that Abrams did not concede.

highfigh

highfigh

Then some things are more important than others, like preserving democracy over "owning the libs".
If you want to see the real cause of this crap, look at the American education system.

highfigh

highfigh

I think there would be an easy transition for MAGAs from Trump to DeSantis because the latter has a similar temperament. "In the primary" I think needs to be repeated to Republicans often. There should be at least 10 candidates to choose from. I also like to say, Find another Republican to believe in. In case they become defensive and think I'm asking them to vote blue. I'm really not going to hold my breath in hopes though.
One additional problem, as if the process doesn't have enough, is that the GOP rolls out a clown car of candidates and it dilutes any message they might have that could be useful. Again, the people we need in office don't want the jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis