D

dega37

Audiophyte
This might be an odd question, but what I would like to know what you all think about 2.1 vs 3.1. Movies at home have always seemed to me unbalanced / uneven with a center channel. Am I the only one with this experience? It seems like with movies they shove most audio information into the center channel including Music, voice, and effects. Does anyone run movies at 2.1?

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
My bedroom TV uses 2.1 with a 5.1 receiver. The TV is set on a dresser top and there is no room for a center channel. We do have a center channel in the family room system. We watch movies often enough in the bedroom and they are just as entertaining except for the smaller screen. It would probably be a bit better to have a center channel but I have never thought about it to be honest.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I prefer a center as am not always in the sweet spot let alone guests....but do use centers in all my systems, they're 7.1 and 5.1 tho. If only worried about maximizing your one seat then 2.1 should work quite well....

D

dega37

Audiophyte
I prefer a center as am not always in the sweet spot let alone guests....but do use centers in all my systems, they're 7.1 and 5.1 tho. If only worried about maximizing your one seat then 2.1 should work quite well....
That is actually really interesting thought. and it also sounds like you identify with the question too

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That is actually really interesting thought. and it also sounds like you identify with the question too
Might depend on the particular speakers used, how they're placed, your room in general, your seat, etc....but many here do use 2.0 or 2.1 setups for even tv/movies.

W

Wardog555

Full Audioholic
I always prefer a center channel especiallyfor movies and tv series. Have one for my Dolby atmos system in my bedroom. My living room is only 4.0 without a center but it's only for satellite TV. So most content is with 2 channels. Damn broadcast TV and their focus on reality TV shows.

It comes down to the content you watch and also room environment.

Hope this helps.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have done both ways and it depends on the setup. In one, which was in a large room, it sounded better without the center. In the other one, which was in a smaller room, it sounded odd without it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis