Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Basically just listening to my mix of some of my favorites pre-Y2K (with a single exception to prove the rule ;)). Playlist name: Party Like It’s 1999. About 150 songs and 10 hours and change, so much like another Steve, I could do this all day.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
The new Heilung album dropped yesterday. Here's the 3rdf single from it:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I can't believe its been 2 weeks since I last posted here. I also can't believe that August is almost done.
:(
I'm heading down to the trailer again spending as much time as I can there. Last night, I listened to the following;

IMG-7249.jpg
IMG-7248.jpg
IMG-7250.jpg
IMG-7251.jpg

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
This one goes out to the Progressive Rock fans: Paint the Sky by Lalu. This came out January 2022 but prog rock just doesn't get much air play these days so it flew under most people's radar. The album reminds me very much of late Yes (with Trevor Rabin) with a blend of U.K. and Kansas. So glad I came across this on someone's YouTube channel. Not just wonderful composition but the vocals and musicianship are top notch. I can only insert one song with the media link, but this URL should link to a playlist with the whole album if you happen to enjoy the track below. Can't wait to get home and listen again on my theatre setup.

Lalu - Paint the Sky

EDIT: Changing the media to Paint the Sky and The Chosen Ones. Those are better representations of the album:

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
This one goes out to the Progressive Rock fans: Paint the Sky by Lalu. This came out January 2022 but prog rock just doesn't get much air play these days so it flew under most people's radar. The album reminds me very much of late Yes (with Trevor Rabin) with a blend of U.K. and Kansas. So glad I came across this on someone's YouTube channel. Not just wonderful composition but the vocals and musicianship are top notch. I can only insert one song with the media link, but this URL should link to a playlist with the whole album if you happen to enjoy the track below. Can't wait to get home and listen again on my theatre setup.

Lalu - Paint the Sky

EDIT: Changing the media to Paint the Sky and The Chosen Ones. Those are better representations of the album:

I will dig into this band a little more and pick up the CD or vinyl if it comes with a digital download.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I will dig into this band a little more and pick up the CD or vinyl if it comes with a digital download.
From what I gather Lalu is a collaborative effort. Need to do some more research. The CD is on Amazon for C$20. I just ordered a couple more import CDs from Amazon-Japan but next Amazon order I'll be adding this album. Great stuff.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Love Sturgill Simpson.
Yep. This term is over used but Sturgill is a true artist. Country, Americana, Rock, and top it off with anime inspired videos. He is extremely talented.

Are you familiar with his early stuff? Sunday Valley. Very much grip it and rip it country music.

A favorite of mine.

Anime(ish) vidya;

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
You're still killin' it with your music selections. Nice!

I know you're a blues fan, so here are a couple of under the radar guys. Selwyn Birchwood and Carl "Buffalo" Nichols.
Steve81 did a great review of Buffalo's album.

Buffalo Nichols

Selwyn Birchwood

Thankyou for the tips :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis