2022 Denon av-receiver models leaked

E

EBN

Audioholic
For those who doesn`t read AVSForum here is some leaks about the new models.

X2800H - new 40gbps hdmi 2.1 board with 8K /4k 120hz support for all inputs similar to X3800H.

X3800H the most intresting and just look what it comes with. Yamaha has to react fast! Their 7.2 A4A with YPAO looks wimpy compared to this baby!

- 11.4 processing
- Upgradable for Dirac Live
- Auro 3D
- Full set of 6/3 in/out hdmi 2.1 support
- Dirac filters working with Dynamic EQ/Volume (not confirmed).

From ASR: The biggest news, according to an insider, is that D&M have worked with Dirac to offer the first ever Dynamic EQ + Dynamic Vol of Audyssey side by side with Dirac Live. Up until now, no AVR/AVP with Dirac has Dynamic EQ capability (Dolby volume is limited to Dolby-only content).

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
From ASR: The biggest news, according to an insider, is that D&M have worked with Dirac to offer the first ever Dynamic EQ + Dynamic Vol of Audyssey side by side with Dirac Live. Up until now, no AVR/AVP with Dirac has Dynamic EQ capability (Dolby volume is limited to Dolby-only content).
Exactly what I expected, and was afraid would happen. It's already spreading.

This quote came from someone with an account just created today, and how with a post count of 5, this person has yet to provide any qualifications or sources for where the information came from.

We are certainly allowed to speculate, but when someone is making unsubstantiated claims from sock accounts, those claims are rarely legit.
Take it this part with a pillar of salt, at least for now.

E

EBN

Audioholic
Exactly what I expected, and was afraid would happen. It's already spreading.

This quote came from someone with an account just created today, and how with a post count of 5, this person has yet to provide any qualifications or sources for where the information came from.

We are certainly allowed to speculate, but when someone is making unsubstantiated claims from sock accounts, those claims are rarely legit.
Take it this part with a pillar of salt, at least for now.
Yes let`s see, i wouldn`t be suprised if it`s true though as why someone would make it up. No one didn`t believe the Dirac Live rumour either which came from ASR. I first saw it year or two ago as some Denon rep revealed there was talks to move toward Dirac in future. People laughed for the idea as "never going to happen" and here we are.

Will be intresting how much Dirac will cost extra as you have the likes of Onkyo RZ-50 for fairly low cost which already comes with it. Some folks also want to buy more accurate microphone which adds ~120$ example often used miniDSP Umik-1. Limited bandwith 20hz-500hz version of Dirac costs 259$ and full bandwith 349$ for Arcam AVR5 av-receiver, that should give us rough idea what to expect. The MultEQ-X for Denon units costs 199$ which many has cursed being useless.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So the X3800 already has 11CH processing. That probably means the x4800 or x6800 will be 9.4.6.

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
So the X3800 already has 11CH processing. That probably means the x4800 or x6800 will be 9.4.6.
Flagship might. X6800H maybe could go to 13 channels, which is where I would love the X4800H to be. According to the first pic in this post, X4800H will be limited to 11.4 channels.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Make sense. X6800 probably 13CH and the next "X8800" probably 9.4.6CH with Dirac Live built-in.

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Oh man! what some very nice AVR's Denon is putting out. Should finally shut up all the nay sayers. Think Denon gonna knock Yamaha off for reliability.

JUST BY YAMAHA. :D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh man! what some very nice AVR's Denon is putting out. Should finally shut up all the nay sayers. Think Denon gonna knock Yamaha off for reliability.

JUST BY YAMAHA. :D
You will remain a Yamaha fan for a long time, based on the D+M new lines timeline. Based on price and Yamaha's next move (such as offering DL an option too), they may actually outsell D+M too in the long run..;)

DL's license fees will become more affordable, to the OEMs anyway, due to the huge increase in volume, that is after 2023 if D+M (already sells a lot now) start may start selling AVRs/AVPs like pancake.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
You will remain a Yamaha fan for a long time, based on the D+M new lines timeline. Based on price and Yamaha's next move (such as offering DL an option too), they may actually outsell D+M too in the long run..;)

DL's license fees will become more affordable, to the OEMs anyway, due to the huge increase in volume, that is after 2023 if D+M (already sells a lot now) start may start selling AVRs/AVPs like pancake.
Not knocking Denon, per-se or any other brand out there. Yamaha has their fair share of issues. But than again with anything electronic, eventually it'll die.

If coin were no issue, I'd go all separates. :). Lately as of now, no upgrades of anything audio this year. I'm set for awhile.

Should be interesting though to see if the Denon Fanboys will jump on those new models.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Not knocking Denon, per-se or any other brand out there. Yamaha has their fair share of issues. But than again with anything electronic, eventually it'll die.

Should be interesting though to see if the Denon Fanboys will jump on those new models.
If the prices shown in that link materialize I will most likely go back to "separate" (I hate that term..), i.e. the AVM70. The AVM70 in 2023 or even late 2022 may be discounted to a more affordable level anyway. I would much prefer Dirac but can make do with AARC too, it just the bass range I mostly care about anyway.

E

EBN

Audioholic
If the prices shown in that link materialize I will most likely go back to "separate" (I hate that term..), i.e. the AVM70. The AVM70 in 2023 or even late 2022 may be discounted to a more affordable level anyway. I would much prefer Dirac but can make do with AARC too, it just the bass range I mostly care about anyway.
No love for new Marantz AV10? :) Intresting that they went with class-d amplification on AMP 10 - 16ch 200w. Hopefully coming to av-receivers within few years so more cool running units.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
No love for new Marantz AV10? :) Intresting that they went with class-d amplification on AMP 10 - 16ch 200w. Hopefully coming to av-receivers within few years so more cool running units.
I do love what I saw in the link, except the price. Price is not an issue either if it is the last AVP I am going to have but that is something I am not sure about, so price is still a key factor. If that's the only choice at that price point then that's fine, just bite the bullet.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
[Edit: Removed at OP request]
Interesting that the Denon 3800 and 4800 now have four independent subwoofer pre-out, if the post is correct, which is nice even for those not using DL.

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Interesting that the Denon 3800 and 4800 now have four independent subwoofer pre-out, if the post is correct, which is nice even for those not using DL.
I wonder if XT32 SubEQ HT will actually take advantage of the 4, as we know now, it is supposedly capable but limited by D+M's 2. For Dirac, it will only do 4 if the upgradable version is the one with the latest DLBC.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I wonder if XT32 SubEQ HT will actually take advantage of the 4, as we know now, it is supposedly capable but limited by D+M's 2. For Dirac, it will only do 4 if the upgradable version is the one with the latest DLBC.
I guess support for only two independent subwoofer out for SubEQ HT would be a disappointment to some. In my living room there is currently only place for the two subwoofers I got already, though.

As for Dirac: It seems that Dirac Live + DLBC might be an expensive add-on, so I'll hold on to my 2015 model Denon AVR-4200W receiver for now. At least until we get more info about pricing outside of US for both receivers and DL+DLBC, along with some measurements.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I do love what I saw in the link, except the price. Price is not an issue either if it is the last AVP I am going to have but that is something I am not sure about, so price is still a key factor. If that's the only choice at that price point then that's fine, just bite the bullet.
A 9.4.6 8K Dirac AVP + 16CH amp SEPARATES for total MSRP of $14K is pretty good.

I hope Yamaha release a 9.4.6 8K Dirac AVP + 16CH amp for even less. :D

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
A 9.4.6 8K Dirac AVP + 16CH amp SEPARATES for total MSRP of $14K is pretty good.

I hope Yamaha release a 9.4.6 8K Dirac AVP + 16CH amp for even less. :D
They may, still... but it won't work for a year and a half while they update the firmware! :p

;) :cool:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I remember Chris Kyriakakis (Audyssey's main guy) saying Audyssey was capable of four independent subs but no one had implemented it....seems they finally have. Nice.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis