New Arcam 2022 8K AV Receivers w Dirac Live Bass and More...

CreoleDC

CreoleDC

Junior Audioholic
@PENG , i see you added to my original comment? Fixed it for me? Thanks!

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You must be commenting about this right?

View attachment 57432
Or the whole post itself? Is that just a rumor or is it factual? Denon has/or will have DIRC? On that model in question. Just the facts of a factual rumor sir if you don't mind. Post up your reply really appreciate it. ;)

Edit:
Help me out here @PENG here's the whole, text from my reliable source.;)
View attachment 57433
And your welcome glad I could help out you twos. ;)
Officially rumors until we actually see the X3800 or any other models. :D

E

Exeon

Audiophyte
I think it would be a smart move from denon to add Dirac as an option to their models.
The question would be, which models? would there be DLBC? When? and most importantly at what price?

From what I can tell the X4700H and the X6700H got a huge price markup where I live, the official msrp has always been rediculous, the X6700H has an msrp of 4300$ on the official denon website....

I've always found denon/marantz AVR's to be the better choice at the midrange level, but once you get into their higher end, their value drops quite a bit.
If Dirac gets factored in, it could be a big value swing, but I'd expect that, and other factors to heavily influence upcoming prices.
I wouldn't be surpised to see an upcoming X3800H nearing the 3000$ msrp (currently 2100$ for the X3700H) what we'd really pay is a different question though.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I saw that original post here... don't remember who posted it; what thread... but if real ;) one pic did show the Denon Logo.

Point of fact, even an industry friend here on site doesn't seem to know if there will be any 2022 D&M product.
Of course, if he did, the official word still doesn't exist. ;)

So if the announce... it will likely be this month for a September or October release.

If they announce, they better have the only fully functioning HDMI 2.1 with the full 48gbps and everything else!

I'm not gonna wait another 2-3 years for them to update again.

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
I got both these pictures from a dealer but he wouldn’t say anything else. Just new toys coming soon to test. Kinda vague but that his style. Definitely says denon and 11.4 processing, which is odd. Does that mean optional full DLBC? Looks like sound united is following onkyo, pioneer and integra. Use their original room eq, like audyssey or mcacc, or accu eq, then add dirac for the people that really want it all.

Attachments

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I am not sure if Denon+Marantz would really sell more and increase their profits from AVRs if they do go with DL.

Here's one rarely seen comments vs many of the "night and day etc...kind of comments" by an Onkyo owner:

Onkyo TX-NR7100 (Dirac Live) vs. Denon X4700H (Audyssey xt32) : hometheater (reddit.com)

I haven't used xt32 but Dirac Live was super easy to use via my laptop and made a noticeable (but can't tell if better/worse lol) difference when I played through some of the Atmos demo content.
May be @AcuDefTechGuy can do a survey of his customers on whether they would be willing to pay more (say $200) for the optioinal DL without and DLBC vs Aud XT32 SubEQ HT that is poor man's DLBC at the minimum..:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I got both these pictures from a dealer but he wouldn’t say anything else. Just new toys coming soon to test. Kinda vague but that his style. Definitely says denon and 11.4 processing, which is odd. Does that mean optional full DLBC? Looks like sound united is following onkyo, pioneer and integra. Use their original room eq, like audyssey or mcacc, or accu eq, then add dirac for the people that really want it all.
Optional upgrades seem to be the trend, which I think is smart.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am not sure if Denon+Marantz would really sell more and increase their profits from AVRs if they do go with DL.

Here's one rarely seen comments vs many of the "night and day etc...kind of comments" by an Onkyo owner:

Onkyo TX-NR7100 (Dirac Live) vs. Denon X4700H (Audyssey xt32) : hometheater (reddit.com)

May be @AcuDefTechGuy can do a survey of his customers on whether they would be willing to pay more (say $200) for the optioinal DL without and DLBC vs Aud XT32 SubEQ HT that is poor man's DLBC at the minimum..:D
I bet many guys buying X8500, X6700, SR-8015, SR-7015, RX-A6, RX-A8 would upgrade to DL for $200.

You know I have NEVER liked any room correction. But I would probably pay $200 for the Dirac upgrade just to say that I have it - like what I did with REW/Umik-1. Peer pressure and all that. :D

To me, I don’t care if any RC can produce a flat FR graph; the ACTUAL SQ better be SIGNIFICANTLY better so that I can easily tell. If I have to listen a thousand times to hear anything meaningful, it’s not significant.

Kind of like back when I had all those 12 speakers. I was comparing all those tweeters - RAAL vs Be vs Diamond vs Al vs Ti vs Mg vs Silk, etc. I would listen over and over and over again a million times just to try to hear the supposed differences or improvements.

I have heard so many hearsay in life about day and night significant improvements. Been there, done it. :D

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I bet many guys buying X8500, X6700, SR-8015, SR-7015, RX-A6, RX-A8 would upgrade to DL for $200.

You know I have NEVER liked any room correction. But I would probably pay $200 for the Dirac upgrade just to say that I have it - like what I did with REW/Umik-1. Peer pressure and all that. :D
I wonder if bass management for multiple subwoofers is included in the price for Dirac Live, assuming that Denon will offer this in the first place.

As for not liking room EQ, good for you, but for most of the rest of us room EQ is needed for bass.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I wonder if bass management for multiple subwoofers is included in the price for Dirac Live, assuming that Denon will offer this in the first place.

As for not liking room EQ, good for you, but for most of the rest of us room EQ is needed for bass.
Of course, if it truly improves the SQ in any way and does a better job than what we can do manually, then even I and @TLS Guy would use RC. :D

If Yamaha were to join the gang and offer DL in their AVR or AVP, I would try it AGAIN. And use whichever sounds best to me.

That’s the motto - try everything and use what’s best.

But if I were to make an educated guess based on experience, I would say that DL (like most RC) will probably improve the BASS, but not above 400Hz. :D

Bottom, I hope Denon/Marantz do in fact offer DL to all models from X3800 and up. And I hope Yamaha follows just like they finally did with Auro3D.

Whether we use it or not isn’t the point. Giving everyone the option is always good.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

That is not how it has been working on the other devices that have Dirac.
The response to DLBC has been very positive from what I have seen and those using it are very happy with the results.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Of course, if it truly improves the SQ in any way and does a better job than what we can do manually, then even I and @TLS Guy would use RC. :D

If Yamaha were to join the gang and offer DL in their AVR or AVP, I would try it AGAIN. And use whichever sounds best to me.

That’s the motto - try everything and use what’s best.

But if I were to make an educated guess based on experience, I would say that DL (like most RC) will probably improve the BASS, but not above 400Hz. :D

Bottom, I hope Denon/Marantz do in fact offer DL to all models from X3800 and up. And I hope Yamaha follows just like they finally did with Auro3D.

Whether we use it or not isn’t the point. Giving everyone the option is always good.
When @TLS Guy moved into his new house he made sure that the dimensions of the HT room, the materials in the walls, that layout of the seating areas as well the speakers where properly done, and of course, he made his own speakers.

Most of don’t have the money to do this.

Yeah, so I understand he don’t think he needs room EQ.

C

cheungliu

Audiophyte
Is there any information for the difference between the coming X3800H, X4800H and X6800H?

E

Exeon

Audiophyte
Is there any information for the difference between the coming X3800H, X4800H and X6800H?
If the previous generations are anything to go by, likely processing and power output.
The differences were minor, the price difference huge.

The x6700h did have "monoblock" amps for each channel, but I'm not sure if it's just marketing or if it was noticable over the x4700h

I'd expect like the x3700h not having auro3d, that the x3800h may also lack something, like DLBC.
All of this is just pure speculation, specs aren't out, neither are prices or any release dates.

But if previous generations didn't have huge differences, I don't expect this generation to be different.

C

cheungliu

Audiophyte
If the previous generations are anything to go by, likely processing and power output.

The x6700h did have "monoblock" amps for each channel, but I'm not sure if it's just marketing or if it was noticable over the x4700h

I'd expect like the x3700h not having auro3d, that the x3800h may also lack something, like DLBC.
All of this is just pure speculation, specs aren't out, neither are prices or any release dates.

But if previous generations didn't have huge differences, I don't expect this generation to be different.
Coz what I feed for diff between x3700h and x4700h is the better chips. And then x4700h and x6700h are different with the power only.
For x6700 what is the benefit of the "monoblock" design?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Very true.

I would say 90% just marketing, based on information I have seen in their service manuals.

Sounds logical to me.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Very true.

I would say 90% just marketing, based on information I have seen in their service manuals.

Sounds logical to me.
Hey Peng I have a question I was hoping you could help me with. It seems like the new Arcam avp 41 the pre pro the subwoofer channels are wired in parallel and not independent for each one. How can you run Diracs bass management on it? Wouldn't they need to each be independent so it can measure each one them sum them all together?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey Peng I have a question I was hoping you could help me with. It seems like the new Arcam avp 41 the pre pro the subwoofer channels are wired in parallel and not independent for each one. How can you run Diracs bass management on it? Wouldn't they need to each be independent so it can measure each one them sum them all together?
Are you sure about that, any link to the source of info?

Independent if of course better but it likely isn't a big deal if your two subs are identical and are placed equal distance to your mlp. Are you getting the optional DLBC too?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The outputs on the arc am are all independent. It appears to operate much the same as the HTP1 in that regard. Dirac Bass Control is worthless as a product if you daisy chain or otherwise link Subs to a single output.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis