KEF Q650C(7ch) vs KEF Q650C(C.ch) + KEF Q750(6ch) Which setup will be better

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Which setup will be better KEF Q650C being used as Center(Horizontal) and L/R + Surround(Vertical) or KEF Q650C as Center(Horizontal) and KEF Q750C as L/R + Surround.

Usage: 90% Movies 10% Music
Dedicated Subwoofer: Yes (Probably be crossing at 60Hz)
Room Dimensions: 20'(W)x18'(D)x10'(H)
Seating from front: 9'
Room Treatment: Yes

Which setup will be better and why. Pros and Cons of each.

K

kini

Full Audioholic
Really don't think you'd notice much if any difference. Using the 750s negates the need for stands, so there's that.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You should get better dynamics with the towers, but how much… hard to say.
For their price point, the 750s are very well regarded. I was mostly impressed with the larger Q950s

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Really don't think you'd notice much if any difference. Using the 750s negates the need for stands, so there's that.
Yes the stands brings the price of the setups too close. So am I better going with Q750 towers over the Q650C setup. Thought of using same speakers around. But I think Q750 won't be much different tonally to Q650C Center.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yes the stands brings the price of the setups too close. So am I better going with Q750 towers over the Q650C setup. Thought of using same speakers around. But I think Q750 won't be much different tonally to Q650C Center.
They will be voiced as close as can reasonably be done. Worrying about a tonal match like that is going a little overboard. ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yes you are right.
IIRC Erin's review of the 650c showed it to be a pretty solid contender if you need a horizontal center. It is not without it's flaws, but anytime you lay a Speaker down horizontal you are going to have a battle of tradeoffs.
Of course the absolute best would be 3 750s across the front. ;)

Are you planning on 750s at Surround, too? Or using the 350s?

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
IIRC Erin's review of the 650c showed it to be a pretty solid contender if you need a horizontal center. It is not without it's flaws, but anytime you lay a Speaker down horizontal you are going to have a battle of tradeoffs.
Of course the absolute best would be 3 750s across the front. ;)

Are you planning on 750s at Surround, too? Or using the 350s?
Q650C is the center in Horizontal Orientation. That cannot be changed. Initially was considering using Q650Cs for L/R and Surround in Vertical Orientation as well. But the price difference between that and using Q750s for L/R and Surround was not big. So Was fine either way.

Yes Q750s as L/R and Surround and Q350s for Atmos.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis