panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
So I finally picked it up for my PS5 and love it. Sure, it does things differently, but it's still an awesome driving sim. The PS5 controller takes getting used to on this game, but I'm pretty happy so far.

Really though, the point of this thread is that the SOUND in the game is what's impressing me the most. GT6 sounded good too, but this is on a whole other level. The PS5 outputting PCM upmixed with DSU sounds pretty fantastic.

This is just in my office system, so nowhere near as good as the theater.

Now I just need a good racing wheel that won't take up half my office and I'll be set. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Got this one free with the PS5 bundle I bought for my brother and have not tried it out. Despite being a car nut, most driving games do not appeal to me much.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Despite being a car nut, most driving games do not appeal to me much.
I guess that's simply because you must have a proper wheel and pedals. I have had tons of fun driving in an old Forza4 with Fanatec entry-level wheel/pedals.
Using bundled gaming console controllers is far from ideal for any racing video game.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Now I just need a good racing wheel that won't take up half my office and I'll be set. :)
It's even $20 off ;):p

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nah, the problem I have with most racing games is that they become so difficult that you almost have to "cheat" by doing things that aren't realistic just to win. The AI is too perfect and almost becomes unfair or the requirements to complete various tasks become a drawn out grind. I tend to actually prefer the arcadey ones like DIRT, because they don't try to be "real", just competetive.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Nah, the problem I have with most racing games is that they become so difficult that you almost have to "cheat" by doing things that aren't realistic just to win. The AI is too perfect and almost becomes unfair or the requirements to complete various tasks become a drawn out grind. I tend to actually prefer the arcadey ones like DIRT, because they don't try to be "real", just competetive.
That's why I just use overpowered cars in GT. I'd wager this one is more accurate than the others. I've played them all, obsessively on some, to where I'm so used to how things work some of the tasks are almost easy. Some are still impossible, but it's fun to try to get good enough to beat them.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It's even $20 off ;):p
$20 is $20

I really need to consider one of these.

Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic
Looking forward to picking this one up. Waiting for the price to come down a bit though. Maybe Black Friday

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Speaking of video games, on the one hand, my Zotac GTX1070ti crappy fan had already tortured me long enough, and now RTX 3k cards are back selling for their original MSRPs (May you die a horrible death Crypto), but now all indications that the new RTX 4k cards could be 50% faster.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Looking forward to picking this one up. Waiting for the price to come down a bit though. Maybe Black Friday
I got the 25th anniversary edition for $50 so I'm happier than I would have been had I paid the $90 msrp. Regular edition was something like $45 a week or so ago.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis