Cuz’ We Need Another F#%kin’ Format!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
So does it need a decoder or is this yet another gimmick?

Doesn't sound like this is an actual codec.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So does it need a decoder or is this yet another gimmick?

Doesn't sound like this is an actual codec.
Oh, don't make me check go it out.;) I'm willing to bet it works like Sony's 360 Reality Audio and works over regular headphones with no special hardware. You just have to looks for albums or tracks with the label. S#%t, now I gotta' go do it.:D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Oh, don't make me check go it out.;) I'm willing to bet it works like Sony's 360 Reality Audio and works over regular headphones with no special hardware. You just have to looks for albums or tracks with the label. S#%t, now I gotta' go do it.:D
Looks like it's exactly that. Surround for headphones. Saved you some effort. This just sounds like a more advanced Dolby Pro Logic "encoding" of stereo tracks. I don't even remember how many different forms of this we already have...that nobody uses.

The only useful stereo mix with DPL II encoding I ever though was good was the Nintendo game consoles before they had the capability to output Multichannel PCM.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Ok, did it. Yeah, it's like 360 Reality Audio and not my bag. The music is hi-res for those who care. I would have preferred Qobuz offered Dolby Atmos music as Apple Music and Tidal do for those who prefer Qobuz to the others.:confused:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis