Which do you recommend?

T

Trunksleo

Audioholic Intern
I have to choose from this (only from this) , which do you recommend? How do they sound and which are they difference?

Polk rti a3
Kef q350
Canton 536.2 sl
Klipsch rp600m
Klipsch rp250f
Klipsch rb51 II
Jbl stage a180
Jbl arena 170
Klipsch rp5000f
Pioneer sp bs22a lr

Enviado desde mi SM-G780G mediante Tapatalk

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Have you googled reviews on your selections? Everyone's ears are different. Do you like more Treble, Bass, or more Neutral sound? Are you using for both for music and home entertainment applications? What will be your exact application.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Will you be adding a subwoofer? If so, get the Kef speakers. If not, go for the JBL A180. The Klipsch RP-5000F might be OK too.

T

Trunksleo

Audioholic Intern
Have you googled reviews on your selections? Everyone's ears are different. Do you like more Treble, Bass, or more Neutral sound? Are you using for both for music and home entertainment applications? What will be your exact application.
I dont want a huge bass but i want to feel the presence.
Will you be adding a subwoofer? If so, get the Kef speakers. If not, go for the JBL A180. The Klipsch RP-5000F might be OK too.
Room size 15x15ft
Placement more into the room than walls.
I have a subwoofer klipsch r10w
And i have a surrounds already.
Its a change of front speakers. The use its 70 movies/ 30 music

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I have to choose from this (only from this) , which do you recommend? How do they sound and which are they difference?

Polk rti a3
Kef q350
Canton 536.2 sl
Klipsch rp600m
Klipsch rp250f
Klipsch rb51 II
Jbl stage a180
Jbl arena 170
Klipsch rp5000f
Pioneer sp bs22a lr

Where are you located? You've mentioned brands that have wide distribution

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I dont want a huge bass but i want to feel the presence.

Room size 15x15ft
Placement more into the room than walls.
I have a subwoofer klipsch r10w
And i have a surrounds already.
Its a change of front speakers. The use its 70 movies/ 30 music

What speakers have you been using?

T

Trunksleo

Audioholic Intern
Where are you located? You've mentioned brands that have wide distribution
Argentina
What speakers have you been using?
Jamo c93 , klipsch rb15 and kef.

Im using a marantz 5012. The rest of the equipment are klipsch rc62II and klipsch r10sw. My counch its 9ft away.

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
Get the matching Klipsch brand speakers for the Klipsch speakers you already own. I also own the r20sw, nice sub. Staying in the same brand is a better timber match.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Argentina Jamo c93 , klipsch rb15 and kef.

Im using a marantz 5012. The rest of the equipment are klipsch rc62II and klipsch r10sw. My counch its 9ft away.

The problem with bass is bound to be your room since it is square. You might want to consider some bass traps to calm the bass down and move your seating off the back wall as far as you can. You can email the guys here at GIK and they can recommend which absorbers to use. They are very friendly and post here on the forum as well as write guest articles.

I'm not familiar with your model sub but when people talk about "feel" or "kick in the chest" from subwoofers it usually (really always) is mid bass that they refere to. 40 to 90hz range. Do you have the Audyssey editor app?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Get the matching Klipsch brand speakers for the Klipsch speakers you already own. I also own the r20sw, nice sub. Staying in the same brand is a better timber match.
I am very OCD, so I have to agree about matching the speakers. :D

Heck, if I were a billionaire, I would pick one brand and have every single component (speakers, amps, AVP - every component) in the same brand - all McIntosh, all Bryston, etc. :D

I can see it now, 9.9.6 ATMOS:
Bryston Model-T towers x 9 (bed, requires 18CH amps)
Bryston TIW x 6 (ATMOS, requires 6CH amps)
Bryston SP4 16CH AVP
Bryston 9B3 x 24CH of amps

Or

MAC XRT2.1K x 9 towers
MAC SW350 x 6 ATMOS
MAC AVP + Amps

Since Bryston and MAC don’t make PJ, I have no choice but to get a Christie 10,000-20,000 lumen 4K PJ. :D

Now how you like them apples, @Movie2099 ? :D

Last edited:
witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
I am very OCD, so I have to agree about matching the speakers. :D

Heck, if I were a billionaire, I would pick one brand and have every single component (speakers, amps, AVP - every component) in the same brand - all McIntosh, all Bryston, etc. :D

I can see it now, 9.9.6 ATMOS:
Bryston Model-T towers x 9 (bed, requires 18CH amps)
Bryston TIW x 6 (ATMOS, requires 6CH amps)
Bryston SP4 16CH AVP
Bryston 9B3 x 24CH of amps

Or

MAC XRT2.1K x 9 towers
MAC SW350 x 6 ATMOS
MAC AVP + Amps

Since Bryston and MAC don’t make PJ, I have no choice but to get a Christie 10,000-20,000 lumen 4K PJ. :D

Now how you like them apples, @Movie2099 ? :D
I have been toying with the idea of matching the system for ages. I already have Paradigm Active speakers so the speakers and amps match already. All I need is an Anthem AVM 70 and it would be all set.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
@Trunksleo If you don't like a lot of BASE, you can just turn down the Gain/Volume knob on the sub. That is what I have done on mine. Wife is no longer complaining too and frankly, I don't like a whole lot of base for action/Sy Fy movies.

Someone mentioned matched Speakers. I did for the fronts, and reverted back to the PSB XC center channel. As long as things are pretty well matched, the Center Channel can be by substituted. Projection and clarity are so much better with the PSB center, in my HT room environment. I'm 6-1/2 feet from the mains and TV. Life is good!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I have been toying with the idea of matching the system for ages. I already have Paradigm Active speakers so the speakers and amps match already. All I need is an Anthem AVM 70 and it would be all set.
Just so you know, that Anthem didn't review very well. I'd rather pick up a used DataSat or similar and then you know you have all the processing power you need not to mention the versatile configuration options. New units aren't necessarily for me at those price points as someone always has upgraditis leaving good deals on the table.

Heck I've been sitting on speaker, subs and AVRs that haven't been, finished, opened, or intergrated. So if I'm gonna drop cash for a full featured processor, $4 to 7k , used, works for me.

Last edited:
witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
Just so you know, that Anthem didn't review very well. I'd rather pick up a used DataSat or similar and then you know you have all the processing power you need not to mention the versatile configuration options. New units aren't necessarily for me I'm thise price points as someone always has upgraditis leaving good deals on the table.
Thanks very much for posting this, I will hold off on any new changes. There is an anthem dealer near me so I can always audition if I get the urge.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks very much for posting this, I will hold off on any new changes. There is an anthem dealer near me so I can always audition if I get the urge.
I edited the post a right before your reply just an fyi...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I was talking about LITERALLY the same brand, not just the same CURRENT ownership.

For NOW, Paradigm, Anthem, MartinLogan may be under the same ownership - kind of like how Marantz, Denon, B&W, Polk, DefTech, Classe are under the same ownership for now. But what happens if any of these brands get sold off to different companies in a few years?

At one point McIntosh was under the same ownership as Marantz and Denon. But then it was sold to a different owner.

So I wasn’t taking about Marantz-B&W or Paradigm-Anthem. I was talking about every component having the same NAME PLATE, not just the same ownership. :D

Last edited:
witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
Well, I was talking about LITERALLY the same brand, not just the same CURRENT owners.

For NOW, Paradigm, Anthem, MartinLogan may be under the same owner - kind of like how Marantz, Denon, B&W, Polk, DefTech, Classe are under the same owner for now. But what happens if any of these brands get sold off to different companies in a few years?

At one point McIntosh was under the same owner as Marantz and Denon. But then it was sold to a different owner.

So I wasn’t taking about Marantz-B&W or Paradigm-Anthem. I was talking about every component having the same NAME PLATE, not just the same owner. :D
If I were to go that route and start from scratch I would probably go Yamaha with whatever their new processor is and their HS or MSP Active Studio Monitors or JBL with their SDP-58/75 and the M2 and 7 series active speakers.
With the Yamaha processor/HS series active speaker combo you could probably do a complete 7.2.4 setup for less than the cost of just a Trinnov or Datasat processor alone. It would likely compete with anything out there at any price too.

Any idea of when the new Yammie processor will drop? Price points?

Last edited:
N

noway

Enthusiast
I wouldn't recommend any of the speakers in your list. If you can, try to find a different room that isn't square.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If I were to go that route and start from scratch I would probably go Yamaha with whatever their new processor is and their HS or MSP Active Studio Monitors or JBL with their SDP-58/75 and the M2 and 7 series active speakers.
With the Yamaha processor/HS series active speaker combo you could probably do a complete 7.2.4 setup for less than the cost of just a Trinnov or Datasat processor alone. It would likely compete with anything out there at any price too.

Any idea of when the new Yammie processor will drop? Price points?
No idea on the next Yamaha AVP.

Gotta be soon. Better be soon. :D

Too bad Yamaha doesn't have any Towers of Power. I would love to see a Yamaha bi-amp tower of power with dual 10" woofers. Then I could see myself with an all Yamaha-system. :D

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Well, I was talking about LITERALLY the same brand, not just the same CURRENT ownership.

For NOW, Paradigm, Anthem, MartinLogan may be under the same ownership - kind of like how Marantz, Denon, B&W, Polk, DefTech, Classe are under the same ownership for now. But what happens if any of these brands get sold off to different companies in a few years?

At one point McIntosh was under the same ownership as Marantz and Denon. But then it was sold to a different owner.

So I wasn’t taking about Marantz-B&W or Paradigm-Anthem. I was talking about every component having the same NAME PLATE, not just the same ownership. :D
At one point, McIntosh was owned by Clarion, which was owned by Nissan- I can only imagine someone wanting all equipment from one company and using a Clarion head unit in their stereo system. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis