Ceiling Speaker for Music Only

E

exander

Audioholic Intern
Hi All:

I have some ceiling speakers in the new home I purchased. The placement is good (slanted toward the bed where I'll be listening) but I want something better than what's there. I have easy access through the attic and can do any size. Looking to spend under $2,500 if possible but will consider more.

My installer wants me to put in Triad because that's what he sells. Interested to hear any opinions on them or others.

Thanks!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Despite being the last place I’d put them, I would absolutely consider Triad. Especially in that price range. @DigitalDawn is also a dealer.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Not sue off hand, but I summoned dawn so hopefully she’ll be generous enough to offer the best recommendation for you.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Gotta ask....why keep speakers in the ceiling at all? Be my last choice of location.....

E

exander

Audioholic Intern
Gotta ask....why keep speakers in the ceiling at all? Be my last choice of location.....
Here's my reasoning:
1. If I want to listen critically, I have an amp and floor standing speakers in my office.
2. This is my bedroom setup where I'm basically laying in bed reading on the tablet.
3. There are speakers in the ceiling already so it's an easy swap.
4. My wife likes the uncluttered look of no speakers and amp in the bedroom.
5. We have very tall slanted ceilings so the speakers are pointed directly at me which is nice.

Does that make sense? Happy to listen to other opinions.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Thank you. I guess the next question is which to get. I can't really figure out their website.
When installed correctly, Triad's angled InCeiling speakers sound just like they are coming from the TV or screen on your wall.

How many speakers are you looking to install in the ceiling? How big is the room (WDH)?

E

exander

Audioholic Intern
When installed correctly, Triad's angled InCeiling speakers sound just like they are coming from the TV or screen on your wall.

How many speakers are you looking to install in the ceiling? How big is the room (WDH)?
Thanks for the response. The room is 16x19. From the floor to the speakers is about 13', add 2 more feet to the top. The ceilings are angled such that when I'm laying in bed reading, the speakers point right at me. Here is a picture of the ceiling.

20220716_095226 (Large).jpg

I was thinking of just having 2 speakers.

Thanks!

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
If you give me the current speaker angle, the actual height of the speakers and the height of your ears from the floor when watching TV, I can calculate the distance for you.

E

exander

Audioholic Intern
If you give me the current speaker angle, the actual height of the speakers and the height of your ears from the floor when watching TV, I can calculate the distance for you.
I'm not sure of the angle. The speakers pretty much pointed directly at me when I'm lying on the bed with a pillow behind my head.
The speakers are 13' from the floor. My ears will be 4' from the floor. I won't be watching TV, just music.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
If the angle is correct, then I would consider Triad InWall Silver LCRs. They come in 4" and 6" depths.

List price is $1226 each.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis