It's July 4th...I think

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
We would normally see some acknowledgement of the day by now. I realize that we aren't living in normal times, but nevertheless...
FB_IMG_1656938823070.jpg

J/K!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
These may not be normal times everywhere, all the time. But things were normal, for one afternoon, at Coney Island, in Brooklyn. The reigning hot dog eating champion, Joey Chestnut, won the Nathan's Famous Hot Eating Contest for his 15th Championship, eating 63 hot dogs.

America! The land of the free the home of the brave! No one topped that at the Queen's 70th Jubilee Celebration.
1656967470624.png

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
These may not be normal times everywhere, all the time. But things were normal, for one afternoon, at Coney Island, in Brooklyn. The reigning hot dog eating champion, Joey Chestnut, won the Nathan's Famous Hot Eating Contest for his 15th Championship, eating 63 hot dogs.

America! The land of the free the home of the brave! No one topped that at the Queen's 70th Jubilee Celebration.
View attachment 56749
He is 38 and he looks like a 58 year old man. I'm afraid he won't make it to reach 63 years of age.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
He is 38 and he looks like a 58 year old man. I'm afraid he won't make it to reach 63 years of age.

Well, winning contests by eating 60+ hotdogs is not the way to maintain your health. I mean, that's taking on over 29,000 mg of sodium in just the hotdogs alone never mind the buns. That's like curing yourself like a ham but from the inside.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Well, winning contests by eating 60+ hotdogs is not the way to maintain your health. I mean, that's taking on over 29,000 mg of sodium in just the hotdogs alone never mind the buns. That's like curing yourself like a ham but from the inside.
The rules of the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest require that contestants must keep the hot dogs down for an unspecified time after the end of the 10 minute long hot dog eating. See "reversal of fortune" below.
The competitors stand on a raised platform behind a long table with drinks and Nathan's Famous hot dogs in buns. Most contestants have water on hand, but other kinds of drinks can and have been used. Condiments are allowed, but usually are not used. The hot dogs are allowed to cool slightly after grilling to prevent possible mouth burns. The contestant that consumes (and keeps down) the most hot dogs and buns (HDB) in ten minutes is declared the winner. The length of the contest has changed over the years, previously 12 minutes, and in some years, only three and a half minutes; since 2008, 10 minutes.
Spectators watch and cheer on the eaters from close proximity. A designated scorekeeper is paired with each contestant, flipping a number board (since 2020, adjusting the digital board) counting each hot dog consumed. Partially eaten hot dogs count and the granularity of measurement is eighths of a length. Hot dogs still in the mouth at the end of regulation count if they are subsequently swallowed. Yellow penalty cards can be issued for "messy eating," and red penalty cards can be issued for "reversal of fortune", which results in disqualification. If there is a tie, the contestants go to a 5-hot-dog eat-off to see who can eat that many more quickly. Further ties will result in a sudden-death eat-off of eating one more hot dog in the fastest time.
Please note that no time frame is specified for when a "reversal of fortune" results in disqualification. However, it is safe to assume that the time required is much shorter than needed for absorption of any nutrition from the hot dogs.
Major League Eating (MLE) sanctions the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contests. It's rules comply with the International Federation of Competitive Eating (IFOCE), or Fédération Internationale de l'Alimentation Compétitive (FIAC) for those in Quebec.

Joey Chestnut is a legendary champion among Major League Eating, the organization of professional competitive eaters in the USA.

I swear I'm not making this up.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
That's assuming he keeps them down.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis