A

Audiophile Heretic

Junior Audioholic
Maybe play with your sub placement, but I have my subs 120hz and don't hear them when I shut one off directionally and below 100hz, no one should. As for the center, with two 4.5" mid wofders and an 8" bass driver in that size cabinet, I wouldn't want it handling lower frequencies. Just my opinion after years of doing this. My two channel mains play down to 20hz in room, measured 23hz anechoic and I cross to my subs at 70hz to them..
I don't understand. Please clarify. Do crossover to your subs at 120Hz or 70Hz? What does "don't hear them when I shut one off directionally and below 100hz" mean?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
You talk down to others. You point out inconsequential errors that are not pertinent to the discussion, and you pretend to know things when you don't. Stop trying to inflate your ego and get your facts straight.

The poster admits that he simply made a mistake.

10base2 Ethernet networks used RG-58 coax. Yes, 10base2 Ethernet is obsolete, but it is Ethernet, not Token Ring. MoCA used by digital cable and satellite TV allows Ethernet over RG-6 coax simultaneously with analog or digital television signals. I mention these to point out the inaccuracy of your statement.

Whether Cat 6 is necessary or not is inconsequential. It will work and that is what the poster used. Why not prepare for the future and build a network that is better than what is needed at the moment? The network is probably used for other tasks.

What does an integrator do?
I replied to your post- when the notification on the right side is clicked, it goes directly to the post where someone responds by quoting or replying and I didn't read all of the comments that came between my original post and your reply. I didn't see the OP's comment- sue me.

I know what MoCA is- I think it should be used more, but the cable companies don't care that people can't easily run new ethernet to various locations.

Integrator is someone who installs, sets up and maintains AV, home theater, networks and other equipment- some do only residential, some do only commercial, some work in both.

Sorry for pissing in your Wheaties.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I don't understand. Please clarify. Do crossover to your subs at 120Hz or 70Hz? What does "don't hear them when I shut one off directionally and below 100hz" mean?
In the home theater I cross the subs at 120hz. When I turn one of the two subs off, I can not localize the sub.

In the 2ch setup, I cross the subs at 70hz even though my towers are true full range.

The crux of it was, just because a speaker can play low, it doesn't always mean you always cross to the sub low. Obviously bass management takes a lot of trial and error if you don't have measurements in your room to work with.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis