ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
SB 1000 x 4 vs. SB 2000 x 4? i am having a hard time thinking that you would get a $1200 dollar improvement from bumping up to the 2000 line. the room in question is 26' by 14' by 7'. whatcha guys think about these two choices, I know this will quickly become a "you should get this instead" thread :)

K

kini

Full Audioholic
SB 1000 x 4 vs. SB 2000 x 4? i am having a hard time thinking that you would get a $1200 dollar improvement from bumping up to the 2000 line. the room in question is 26' by 14' by 7'. whatcha guys think about these two choices, I know this will quickly become a "you should get this instead" thread :)
Any particular reason for going with sealed subs?
You would be better off with 4 PB1000 Pros for about the same price as the SB2000s.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Even though it seems slight, you will get stronger performance from the 2000 Series Subs, especially down low.

If your total open-room volume is truly as you measure at ~2500cu.ft, sealed subs will be fine, and employing a full squad of them could boost your experience. It seems generally agreed upon that you start losing the benefit of cabin gain by the time you exceed 3000cu.ft.

Frankly, I would still argue for Ported Subs over Sealed. Other than size, you really don't gain anything.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I agree with RynoDino. The 2k series is a considerable step up and imo worthwhile. WAF is stoopid. I mean unless she’s the only one paying the bills! Maybe show her the fv18 from Rythmik. Then the pc/pb2000 will seem small!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How does one put value in terms of $ as to the extra sub capability? Probably not a WAF approved calculation....but four of either is better than just two....so in that sense that's not too bad for WAF....

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
How does one put value in terms of $ as to the extra sub capability? Probably not a WAF approved calculation....but four of either is better than just two....so in that sense that's not too bad for WAF....
Agreed. Four is more than many wafs could handle. But at the end of the day, if your installing four subs. Does it matter if they’re a little on the chunky side? Lol.
Personally I’d rather have two pc/pb2000 over for sb1000/2000. Considering the pb has four times the output of an SB at 20hzmaybe two optimally places ported ones make more sense. To me it does, but sealed subs have zero appeal to save for size.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Personally I’d rather have two pc/pb2000 over for sb1000/2000. Considering the pb has four times the output of an SB at 20hzmaybe two optimally places ported ones make more sense. To me it does, but sealed subs have zero appeal to save for size.
I'll take 3 PC2000s. Boom. Call it a day.

:D

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Any particular reason for going with sealed subs?
You would be better off with 4 PB1000 Pros for about the same price as the SB2000s.
All I can tell you is that my 2 SB-4000s shake the walls outside the house.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis