Texas Republicans Untethered From Actual Fact and Reality

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

Please Discuss.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Lots of crazy misinformation going on down there, but secession crazy? Dunno. I'd like the angles from locals like @panteragstk and @Danzilla31 ....
Bro I honestly am shaking my head right now. I saw those articles too and I was just like what the fu$%? is going on?

I need to look into it more to give you more feedback I don't think the everyday conservative I dialogue with is feeling this way. This completely took me by suprise

I honestly don't want to secede from the US and I don't think a lot of everyday voters in Texas do either that are conservative I haven't figured out if this is just political posturing or if it's more serious then that.

I swear I'm so tired of the political drama. Just admit Trump got his a$$ beat and do your dang job. There are literally a ton of more important issues I want our leaders to be focused on. I'm so tired of listening to the GOP cry about this go get a fu$%in tissue

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Doesn't take much to explode into craziness. Very dangerous stuff. I wonder why they hate themselves so much?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Please Discuss.
Discussion: ULTIMATE FACE PALM

siggghhhh I hate my party sometimes :mad:

End of Discussion :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Doesn't take much to explode into craziness. Very dangerous stuff. I wonder why they hate themselves so much?
I don't think the vote will turn out the way they want it to. If the dems would just stop being so extreme on how to reform law and order and stop spending so damn much monopoly money right now I would totally have jumped ship completely.

But if they think conservatives want to secede from the US in Texas I think these Jack a$$es in office right now are going to be suprised

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Please Discuss.
I got a week off for maxing out my PTO so I really was hoping to not look at this political crap this week but I will dig into those links you posted on it later @ryanosaur I had no idea this was going on. Thanks for linking this up

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Let em leave. Two fewer GQP senators especially Ted Cruz two dozen fewer representatives and a whole lotta federal tax dollars into that sink hole saved. The platform is basically to establish a Christian caliphate and revoke the voting rights act. Back to Jim Crow. Voting power to the rural white counties. It’s an amazing manifesto. Sam Houston is spinning in his grave.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think the vote will turn out the way they want it to. If the dems would just stop being so extreme on how to reform law and order and stop spending so damn much monopoly money right now I would totally have jumped ship completely.

But if they think conservatives want to secede from the US in Texas I think these Jack a$$es in office right now are going to be suprised
What's the extremes of law reform and spending that's particularly a problem that the republicans don't share?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
What's the extremes of law reform and spending that's particularly a problem that the republicans don't share?
We've been over this in other threads so I don't want to go over it to much Ill just be repeating myself but really just enforcing the laws with violent offenders that are violating there probation and sentencing but in all fairness that is starting to get addressed by the democrats I think the party is realizing they can't win if they don't address that

But with our inflation where it's at we can't push any more major gov spending bills right now. If they continue to tighten up in those 2 areas and give me someone other then Biden or Harris to vote for next term someone legit I could see myself getting behind them.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
We've been over this in other threads so I don't want to go over it to much Ill just be repeating myself but really just enforcing the laws with violent offenders that are violating there probation and sentencing but in all fairness that is starting to get addressed by the democrats I think the party is realizing they can't win if they don't address that

But with our inflation where it's at we can't push any more major gov spending bills right now. If they continue to tighten up in those 2 areas and give me someone other then Biden or Harris to vote for next term someone legit I could see myself getting behind them.
Just saying the republicans aren't innocent. Don't see the direct demo connection to court cases particularly, tho. Repubs like to print money to start wars with people not even responsible but have oil....and then lower taxes and not pay for it. :) Luv ya mang!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Just saying the republicans aren't innocent. Don't see the direct demo connection to court cases particularly, tho. Repubs like to print money to start wars with people not even responsible but have oil....and then lower taxes and not pay for it. :) Luv ya mang!
Oh yeah I agree both parties do it that's just what I'm looking for is all if the dems sincerely are trying to do that then they'll get my vote

Basically whichever party first stops going apeshit crazy post pandemic I'm getting behind! lol :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Please Discuss.
Okay so the way I understand from what I could look into is the convention meets like 5000 showed up. They can put stuff like this on the platform to be voted for but voters still would have to vote it into effect. The democratic convention will do the same thing. You can put a lot of stuff on your platform but whether it stays on there or not is up to your regular voters. So a lot of stuff can get put on there that won't end up actually surviving.

I don't think the more radical stuff is ever going to get passed. Eh it looks like a click bait peice from what I can see this is nothing new.

Well I'm sorry my liberal friends as far as I can tell it looks like you guys are going to be stuck with Texas for awhile longer! :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Okay so the way I understand from what I could look into is the convention meets like 5000 showed up. They can put stuff like this on the platform to be voted for but voters still would have to vote it into effect. The democratic convention will do the same thing. You can put a lot of stuff on your platform but whether it stays on there or not is up to your regular voters. So a lot of stuff can get put on there that won't end up actually surviving.

I don't think the more radical stuff is ever going to get passed. Eh it looks like a click bait peice from what I can see this is nothing new.

Well I'm sorry my liberal friends as far as I can tell it looks like you guys are going to be stuck with Texas for awhile longer! :D
Yeah a "party" doing something not in line with the actual voters....what a surprise :) Was just trying to see if Texas had an actual balanced budget with all them fiscal reformers that the republicans pretend to be....didn't see a lot but a pretty good sized debt. :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah a "party" doing something not in line with the actual voters....what a surprise :) Was just trying to see if Texas had an actual balanced budget with all them fiscal reformers that the republicans pretend to be....didn't see a lot but a pretty good sized debt. :)
This whole nation is drowning in debt right now I seriously doubt Texas would be any different in that regard then anywhere else

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
This whole nation is drowning in debt right now I seriously doubt Texas would be any different in that regard then anywhere else
We love debt, just look at the capitalist/consumer side of things. We're the best at it, too, and since it's more a relative than absolute thing....depends who can cash us out, eh?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Where would we be if we couldn't incur debt? The debt we're passing to the next generations is pretty bad, tho....not just monetarily but in a variety of ways. Human race is kinda f*cked up.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Basically whichever party first stops going apeshit crazy post pandemic I'm getting behind! lol :D
Find a shorter version that fits on a bumper sticker, and you've got one great bumper sticker.

Vote for the less apeshit crazy party! That beats "Vote for the lesser of 2 evils party" :D.

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Let em leave. Two fewer GQP senators especially Ted Cruz two dozen fewer representatives and a whole lotta federal tax dollars into that sink hole saved. The platform is basically to establish a Christian caliphate and revoke the voting rights act. Back to Jim Crow. Voting power to the rural white counties. It’s an amazing manifesto. Sam Houston is spinning in his grave.
Sometime after the end of the W administration, the State Department asked Mexico if they wanted Texas back – free of charge. Mexico politely declined the offer, saying:
"No thanks. We have enough problems without those crazy SOBs".

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
You would think failing independence twice, first as the Republic of Texas that lasted ten years and then as a member of the CSA, they might learn their lesson.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis