Which brand makes the best quality loudspeakers?

Who makes the best speakers

• Aperion Audio

Votes: 22 3.1%
  • Axiom Audio

Votes: 18 2.6%
  • B&W

Votes: 154 22.0%
  • Harman (JBL, Infinity, Revel)

Votes: 155 22.2%
  • Klipsch

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • Martin Logan

Votes: 59 8.4%
  • Paradigm

Votes: 79 11.3%
  • Polk

Votes: 40 5.7%
  • PSB

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • RBH Sound

Votes: 42 6.0%

• Total voters
S

Steve Edwards

Audiophyte
I've owned (all passive) Event 20/20's I really like those a lot and have used them for 15 years. Recently BIC DV 62si, Elac Debut 2.0 both the 6.2 and 5.2's. Recently I just picked up a like new pair of Polk S20's. Of all, I'm keeping them and the Elac 5.2's.

D

davidwil

Audiophyte
The boss sound bar 700 is a high end sound bar that is the part of boss family of smart speakers and sound
bars. It has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. Short of concealing a sound bar within a wall — which would defeat both its sound as well as its simplicity

P

ParleyW

Audioholic
I’ve owned dozens and dozens of speaker models from JBL, KEF, Hafler, Mission, Infinity, DefTech. All had their positives and weaknesses. My first RBH was a very old 816. It was a great speaker. I went next
To the MC series, then moved into the SX & SV Reference. Their sound is very clean, very flat with tremendous dynamic range. They do everything well, and their staff rocks at assisting you in updating (moves from Scan Speak to AMT). Their cabinets are built incredibly strong and heavy. I’ll never part with my SX-T2/R.
I finally have my 7.2 finished in my master bedroom (wife had a minor twist with the rear channels). Front are RBH Reference studio monitors, center a 414/Reference Classic, sides are 66-SE Reference, rear are 41-SE Reference. I’ve upgraded my main SV-T2/6100C/R/770 theater with new RBH AMT, so all of my Scan Speak 9500 went in to these speakers. Subs are twin 1010-SEN/Reference driven by twin SA-400 amps. I’m using Rotel gear with all channels being driven at 500 wpc (4 ohm).

They are stunning. Regardless of speaker age, RBH makes one hell of a speaker, and their easily upgraded without the need of tweaking the crossovers. 18Hz-20 KHz. Take one’s breath away. The new Batman car chase scene shook my entire home & soul. Excessive you say? I’m filthy rotten with it.

Attachments

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I finally have my 7.2 finished in my master bedroom (wife had a minor twist with the rear channels). Front are RBH Reference studio monitors, center a 414/Reference Classic, sides are 66-SE Reference, rear are 41-SE Reference. I’ve upgraded my main SV-T2/6100C/R/770 theater with new RBH AMT, so all of my Scan Speak 9500 went in to these speakers. Subs are twin 1010-SEN/Reference driven by twin SA-400 amps. I’m using Rotel gear with all channels being driven at 500 wpc (4 ohm).

They are stunning. Regardless of speaker age, RBH makes one hell of a speaker, and their easily upgraded without the need of tweaking the crossovers. 18Hz-20 KHz. Take one’s breath away. The new Batman car chase scene shook my entire home & soul. Excessive you say? I’m filthy rotten with it.
Considering what those cost and how highly you regard them, I'm surprised by the condition. I see marred finishes and even dings in the driver cones. Mis-matched screws holding tweeters in as well.

racebum

racebum

Audiophyte
gasp ! how is dynaudio not on this list?

of your choices B&W and Martin Logan i enjoy. different sounds for sure but neither get on my nerves with most genres. B&W is actually exceptional with EDM. the high reaching tweeters really bring out electronic sounds. the last UK made 600s3 series are an excellent used value. $500 will get you a very good speaker than doesn't necessarily need a higher end dedicated amplifier to sounds decent.

klipsch is probably the most interesting one simply because that brand and what model we are talking about can sound life like and amazing or downright terrible. a klipschorn or la scala driven by a tube amp playing vinyl.....oh my god that's good

what you see from them at best buy, if you try to play music.......gah ! no, turn it down please. yes i get the massive price difference but even the entry level from B&W or martin logan is pretty solid

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Drink!

This is the gift that keeps on giving. :D

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Good to see Harman/JBL still hanging in at the top spot.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis